Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

The floor in our room was dirty and was not cleaned the next day either. There were two toilets in the room only one of which worked. The elevator was so slow and we were on the 8th floor so we didnt want to lug our heavy suitcases up and down. The mattresses were warped and uuncomfortable. We were in an 8 bed room and there were only 4 plugs. In this day and age with everyone having a phone to be charged you need more electrical outlets! The room did have a nice view overlooking the river.

a friend warned me not to come here and I could not disagree more. beds were comfy and clean, lockers in the rooms, great view of the city. the ONLY THING I can say is don't bother paying for the ultra fast wifi. it only worked for an hour before it slowed down and then completely cut out. I couldn't even watch Netflix streaming or work on my dropbox videos. complete waste of £3 and the lady at the front refused to reimburse me.

Loved Euro Hostel! It had an amazing atmosphere and the Mint and Lime Bar right downstairs had great food and great deals. Rooms were spacious and clean! Only improvement would be more outlets by each bed as our room had only 1. If I am ever in Glasgow again, this is where I am going!

Staff definitely needs to be a little more friendly. Nice location, the bar helps to make friends and socialize. Nice room, great value for money. I recommend!

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in how nice it was. The rooms were a good size and the bathrooms were nice and clean. Although we didn't eat there, the bar and social area looked comfortable and a good place to hang out. I would go back there :)

Great place, superb value, nice facilities!

I didn't like this hostel at all. Nothing in the kitchen worked .There were no enough plates or utensils. Rooms were extremely dirty and showers seemed like dry waterfalls. My key didn't work in several occasions and there was only one elevator working. I once had to take the stairs to the 9th. floor. The only postive thing about this hostel was the nice view and its location, close to Central Station.

lets start with the duty manager -Alana Mccormick, incompotent, poor management skills, clueless of her surrondings in this hostel. The room you book is not the room you are allocated, staff unaware whos in which room, Beds not marked- if you book to stay here for a couple of days you'll find someone else in your bed every evening & your belongings shoved into a corner like trash and will lose your mind dealing with clueless staff who dont care. The lockers in the rooms are next to useless.

• 17th May 2015

Stayed here loads, great staff always helpfull :))) lovely breakfast , great location for everything you need in Glasgow :)))

• 16th May 2015
  • Scotland

Good for a night. The location is convenient. Minutes from main street

Giving the price, the hostel is good. I spent a night there, the room was clean and the bathroom as well. It's very close to Glasgow Central station and to Queen Street. Don't expect to find a cozy environment, but if you only need a bed in a simple room is ok.

Good budget hostel for a night or two. Lounge area is nice, laundry available, multiple showers in dorms. Pretty good price for a convenient location. Super easy to get to and from the airport. But there are no mixed dorms - if you book for a male and female you'll be in separate rooms.

This hostel was pretty good. It was right beside the Glasgow Central Station which was handy and the shopping district was 5 minutes away. The staff were helpful but made it seem like I was a burden to them when I asked questions. It was an okay hostel, but it may be because I wasn't a fan of Glasgow. If I ever need to stay in Glasgow again I would go back. Nothing really special besides the bar that had tons of TV's and played sports.

Good location, but the place was kind of a dump. Bathrooms didn't work properly, showers were weak, no real common room to meet people. Just had to hope someone came into your room. Was stuck in a room with people there for work and were 40+. Wouldn't recommend.

The hostel was under a lot of construction and so not all of the facilities were open. The rooms also were not what they looked like from the photos but it was fine. Overall the stay was okay, and was a decent distance from the city center.

Nice and useful staff. Perfect localization. There is only a few plates and no cups In the kitchen. Kettle don’t work. The kitchen is closed between 10 p.a. and 7 a.m. I have a problem with wi-fi. Very tiny shower.

completely under construction. no facilities open. wifi didn't work even after buying the premium one.

It seemed as though just about every appliance in the kitchen was either broken or just not working including the power points. There were very few dishes and no way to dry them off once washed, creating a lot of clutter. Also, the rooms looked like they were only cleaned once or twice a week.

Comfortable beds had such a great sleep. The breakfast could have had a bit more option on the hot side.

• 1st May 2015

This hostel was like a dirty hotel. It is under construction and the work began at ungodly hours of the morning. My room was sketchy and although there was a cleaning staff to change all the bed sheets and whatnot, the bathrooms were grimy and just scary to use. The kitchen did not have close to the amount of equipment needed for people to cook with or eat on. The location was great which made it easy to stay out of the hostel for as long as possible until I was ready to sleep.