Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Not enough dishes in the kitchen, we only had one cooking pot on our floor and no knife that could cut vegetables etc.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Luxembourg

We had a great stay. Rooms were better than expected, and the sauna was sweet. Also a great location. Recommend renting bikes to see the city.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Room are badly isolated, you can hear simply everyone around your room. And you need to pay to get wi-fi connection in your room.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Enjoyed my stay, and would stay there again.

Reception and pub staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nice, helpful, well organised staff. Everything in the hostel is well thought out. I really liked space organization - in a double room, I had a lot of shelves to use and even a bit of privacy. Carrying (and remembering of) a lot of keys and passwords (room, kitchen, wardrobe, Internet password) was slightly troublesome. Computers with free Internet access, table and floor cloths in kitchen and bathrooms to wipe water out, more cutlery and free coffee and tea in the kitchen would be great.

This is a big, sterile, sleeping compound, where it is easy to avoid contact with fellow travellers - especially if you book a room as I did. As it is usual in Finland, a night costs way too much compared to what you get. The security for standard travellers is excellent but having bicycle parking on the backyard, i.e. on the streets, gives a negative point here. Of course, in my case I could take the bike in my room. I suggest Eurohostel for groups or families seeking a low budget hotel.

A huge hostel with small 2-people dorms, feels like a university residence. Reasonably clean, very large lockers but small bathroom facilities. A bit oustide of the downtown, very little nearby. Really big, a bit factory-like, not many places to meet people outside of the small kitchens and the bar downstairs. Expensive, but then so is the whole of Finland. Good base to explore Helsinki from.

A good bed with good facilities. It has the feel of a chain hostel, so it is not all that intimate of a hostel experience. Don't expect meet all that many people. Also whatever the price is, add ten euros because you will not survive without the restricted wifi.

Pillows were the biggest turn off about this hostel! Either bring your own, or ask for a second one! The beds were slightly uncomfortable too, like sleeping on a soft board, but still manageable. I like the old fashioned elevator and it worked great. This hostel is right on the tram network, so it's very easy to get around the city from here. They have a bar/restaurant on site which is nice, and the hostel is very quiet during the night so it's easy to sleep. The showers are a little un-private.

Absolutely enjoyed my stay at Eurohostel Helsinki! The only thing subject to improvement was the lockers in the rooms. The key was very tricky to operate. Changing the locks or making it possible to use the padlocks guests brought along would be an improvement worth considering by the management.

i loved staying at eurohostel in helsinki. the staff were all so nice and helpful, and it was so convenient and cost-effective for me. my only wish was for the sauna to be accessible throughout the day and evening. i had a few meals at the bar/restaurant, and though they were decent, the meals were a little greasy and expensive. i also did not feel breakfast was worth the cost, and was a little disappointed at the offerings (or lack thereof.) everything runs out, too. a little frustrating.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Amazing clean and comfort hostel . For it's money it's super classy

• 25th May 2014
  • Russia

I booked a bed in a dorm (double room) and had the whole room for myself. The stuff was friendly and helpful. There is no hostel atmoshphere at all. You barely meet people. I think for what you get it's very expensive, but considered that everything in Helsinki is sooo expensive, the value for money is ok. Still, when the summer hostels are closed maybe the best affordable place to stay in Helsinki.

Decent hostel with a great sauna. Lacked a bit of atmosphere though and staff could have been friendlier.

The only bad thing was that we got an "upgrade" for the first night and could stay in a hotel near from the backpacker... I wouldn't recommend it and it's never an "upgrade" ;-)

Very nice hostel but don`t have a free Wi-fi.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Russia

There were amazing place.All staff they were so kind,friendly,etc…When I have a problem,they helped a lot!! Room,shower room,toilet,kitchen,all place was so clean and make me relaxing. I really want to say thank you so much for all staff! I want to recommend to for all travelers!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Little expensive, but worth the money. Quiet, clean, secure and right nest to the tram. All and al, I would stay again

I like the Suona in the morning. The kitchen appliance needs to be improved.