Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Showers were very poorly designed. No free wifi. Room was a good size, great big lockers.

The hostel was good and the location was convenient. The major drawbacks were that they didn't offer free wifi and their kitchen facilities were extremely basic - no real stove, just hot plates plugged in on top of a bench. I would probably look at another hostel if I visited Helsinki again.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Paper thin walls, all rooms are 2-3 people, like a hotel, so people talk loud and play music all night which is brutal cause the walls block nothing, had the pleasure of listening to a guy practice the facking violin in the room beside me for 3 days, stayed 3 nights and had terrible sleeps, was happy to leave this place, worst hostel stop of a multi month euro trip, zero atmosphere.. Not many options in Helsinki tho, good luck!

The friendliest staff that I ever contacted. Good location , walking distance from the Viking LINE FERRY Terminal. 15mins walk to central railway station , to market square and information centre.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

I would not stay here again. I'd rather pay some more euros and stay in the city center in a better hostel. I find that it is quite unexceptionable for them to charge me 2€ for daily internet usage, if I've already paid 20€ something a night. Do not pay 8€ for the breakfast.. Not worth it either!

The staff are very nice and the hygiene is also quiet good. But it does not have any free wifi

The bathrooms were just unclean for the entire 5 days of my stay, with a layer of dust in all surfaces and constant stains of human feces on the toilets. One member of the staff asked me in a rough way to move to the lobby while I was on the phone (on the way to my private room). There is no shops around this hostel to go buy snacks or drinks, only houses and buildings. Architecture of rooms resembles prison cells, quite cold environment. I would not stay again.

Loved my stay here! Best shower with amazing water pressure & temperature which I experienced in my 7 months travel, good sized sauna for men and women separated, friendly reception staff, reasonably priced laundry facilities, location... If the breakfast & Internet were included in the price this place could be one of the best I stayed!

The furnishing is slightly pass its prime except for the shared bathrooms which seem to be fairly new and quite nice. While it is called a hostel it feels more like a hotel and seems to be popular with families and other travels as well. It is not a bad place to stay.

It's a little bit cold in the rooms. It was warmer in the corridors and in the bathrooms.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

No internet, if you want to use, you have to pay 2 Euro for one device. In the bathroom, there is no shampoo and shower cream,a little inconvenient.

There could be one internet mashine to the guests in the lobby. Nice cervice. Thank you.

Really liked this hostel! Stayed for two seperate nights en route from London to Estonia. Rooms and showers are very clean, staff were friendly and helpful and even recommended the cheapest options for just about everything as Helsinki is quite expensive, don't get suckered into taking taxis there are so many cheaper options. Close to the ferries across the water, a little far from downtown. Overall a very nice hostel experience.

• 13th Oct 2014

Paying for wi-fi and kitchens locked at night were a little disappointing. In a budget class room all the noises from next-door rooms were heard. Overall a very good hostel, well-equipped.

• 9th Oct 2014

No free wifi.

Large hostel, very clean and tidy with friendly staff. Most of the rooms seemed to be twin-bed, as a result there wasn't much atmosphere and aside from the sauna there weren't many extras included (like WiFi). But a nice place to stay and close to the centre of town.

This hostel is about 15min walk from the center of Helsinki which is a very big plus, but I would prefer a free WiFi instead of paying 2€ for one device. Also during our stay in this hostel there was no hot water in one of the shower cabins, and the stuff members knew about this problem, but didn't warn us about it. Also the prices in their cafe leave much to be desired. Very expensive.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Everything was great, especially the sauna :) The place is well cleaned and nice. There were 2 things that did bother me: The receptionist on the first day who seemed to ignore me and continueu with her work after greeting me even though I kindly asked her a question, she just ignored it. In the morning I decided to go for a breakfast, which was not worth its money, and the waiter was also ignorant.

the purity. order. special thanks for an early settlement. (we arrived in Helsinki early in the morning). unfortunately, the night was a bit difficult, due to excessive activity of the neighbors. overall, a decent combination of price and quality. thank you.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Like anywhere one wonders what sort of place they will encounter next. Far exceeded my expectations in all aspects of the trip. If you are taking Viking lines to Estonia, this is the most convenient location. Staff friendly, informative and professional. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3