Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel, very close to the Viking Line departures for Tallinn, Estonia, and about 15 mins walk from the main station. Staff helpful. Stayed in the off season so very quiet.

• 25th Feb 2015

I stayed in a two bed room and there wasn't even another person for the nights I was there! Great to have a room to myself after backpacking for two months. A little out of town (~1.5km) but really easy to get to on the tram. Staff were helpful. Free sauna!

My stay there was higher than my expectations. Very clean,warm and calm rooms with a good bed . In the dorms each one has a cupboard to secure its luggage.I recommend. However, the brekfast is not good for the price.

I think there should be more done with the common room or common area. Where people can sit and hang out. Because it's located now on the 5th floor it's not really handy...

The best thing during the whole stay in Helsinki was the free morning sauna at Eurohostel! :D The bird-song on the toilet was also a great feature of this practical and easy hostel! However, the breakfast provided in the restaurant is not worth the price - instead there is an Italian café close by - "Signorina" - which can be recommended.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

There's always smell in toilet. Location is good, there's tram station around and very near to harbour.

Great Sauna. Really just amazing. Room quite dated, horrible strip light. Could have been cleaner. Very hard to use locks on the cupboard in your room. Staff are very nice and helpful. There is a restaurant/common area in the building which was nice - but with 'for restaurant customers only' style signs, but there was no general common area that I could see. The individual rooms were pretty grim and not where you'd want to hang out.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Not the best for solo travellers.

very good located with a short connection to the central station. however it wouldn't take too much effort to make the rooms nicer - come on, guys, just add some pictures to the walls, make a common room with an exchange book shelf where people can meet and hang out and this place would be so much more welcoming. also, it would help to have a staff who says hello.

Close to the tram station. Very clean for both public areas and inside the rooms. A bit annoying for the automatic turning on and off function of showering but it's fine overall :) Free wifi now :)

Good locaioan, friendly staff, great bathroom with warm floor and wonderful hot showers, but kitchens are poorly equipped and the common place isn't cosy and the walls are extremely thin, so you could easily hear people in the next room talking.

easy to find safe, the girls that work the desk are nice, but no atmosphere what so ever

We didn't really test all the offers like sauna or breakfast. It was a good stay but quite far from city centre by foot and tickets for tram are expensive as I think. But staff was nice and friendly and for two nights it had all what we were looking for.

Now with free wifi. Not recommended for solo travellers in my opinion.

Everything was great, except the fact that you had to pay extra for wifi. This seemed ridiculous considering that nowadays pretty much everywhere offers free wifi.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your feedback. Feedback is important to us in order to improve our services even further. Starting 1st January 2015 we have no longer charged for WiFi. WiFi is free of charge to all our clients.

First member of staff I met was very stern

• 22nd Dec 2014

everything is good except that we need pay for the wifi.

Thank you for your feedback. Starting 1st January 2015 we will no longer charge for the wifi.

needed more hooks in the room for hanging bath towels. found a real shortage of coffee cups in our dining room and had to go down a level to find one to make a hot drink. loved the carpet in the hall ways.

Showers were very poorly designed. No free wifi. Room was a good size, great big lockers.

The hostel was good and the location was convenient. The major drawbacks were that they didn't offer free wifi and their kitchen facilities were extremely basic - no real stove, just hot plates plugged in on top of a bench. I would probably look at another hostel if I visited Helsinki again.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. All the floors that have room also has a selfservice kitchen. On the upper floors (4th, 5th and 6 th floor) kitchens have been renovated. Kitchens on the 2nd and 3 rd floor are not yet renovated. All the kitchens are open to all our customers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3