Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

We felt like in prison. The double rooms are neither very clean nor comfortable, it's like a cell. The bathroom facilities are quite ok, but get used to shower behind a swinging glass door. Further, the staff wasn't helpful. We asked for two identical maps and they offered us different maps.... Also there was wifi at a cost of 2 € per day which didn't work properly. If you have a different sleeping possibility I would suggest to try it. This hostel is not worth it's money ( breakfast was 8,80!!)

Good hostel... Excellent facilities , staff and location: shame about all the extras (wifi, evening sauna, breakfast,... )

We need to leave the hostel early in the morning in the next day to catch our internal flight. So we asked the reception when we should book the taxi on the day we arrived, they told us we can book the taxi in the morning next day. It turns out that if you pre-book the taxi in advance, you can get a discount. However, the staff did not tell us about this and we have to pay more in the end. Besides, the kitchen is quite messy so I don't recommend people to cook unless you really have to.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good! Good value for money. Good location

All the sheets were static so it was painful to make the bed. The room smelled of tobacco as the neighbours were smoking, when I told the staff at night they said nothing could be done and didn't even take the time to listen to me, the dog in the reception didn't help the impression as I have allergies and my girlfriend is very afraid of dogs.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Norway

Immaculate. Everything lie new.

Dirty rooms, booked a 3 bed, but only came with 2 beds and a fold out sofa which was heavily stained. Rooms had no place to hang wet towels, wasn't very functional. Only one kitchen per floor for about 20 odd rooms, which was not big enough and did not have enough utensils to even cater for 5-10 people.

The drawback was that I didn't come across a really nice roommate (in a room of 2): so I found the atmosphere quite heavy. But I guess it's a question of chance. Otherwise, nice & welcoming staff :)

• 27th Dec 2013

Good location, not far from the city, only 1 tram. Although the trams are not 24H, so if you want to party (that is the best thing in Helsinki) you should stay in a more central location. The hostel is OK, lockers on the rooms, but you have to pay for the internet (fail...) and it doesn't work in multiple devices (fail...). Showers may be uncomfortable for some people since you will see someone naked walking around and it doesn't really have a hostel atmosphere, you will not meet people.

Very good hostel! Staff were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly, the food was fantastic and great value for money. The free morning sauna was a nice bonus too. My only complaint is that when we ordered tea there was no English tea available, just lemon. I will definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Helsinki.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

+ free morning sauna - 5euro for wlan for one day...

No real atmosphere, close to east terminal for the ferries, around a 10 minute walk to get to Senate Square or use the trams, no free WiFi, clean bathrooms, probably the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. Staff were friendly and helpful but this doesn't feel like a great hostel to meet people in the ridiculously expensive city of Helsinki.

hostel was very average but the staff was nice. the sauna was the best thing in the hostel

I think it will be better if you have more cookware

+ Staff was very willing to help with questions and requests. The location is a convenient walk to the center. - The 2nd floor girl's bathroom had 1 shower and 1 toilet that didn't work for the entire 5 nights that I was there. All female 2-person rooms are right above the front door. It's an automatic door that makes a creaking noise, amplified by the floor. It kept me awake nights and woke me up in the mornings. Walls are very thin, the place is loud.

Paid for a hostel and got a hotel instead, really nice.It's located just 300 meters from viking lines ferry terminal, it was extremely convenient as the weather in Helsink, as usual, wasn't the best. If you are arriving there by ferry don't think twice. I get there before check in time and they already had a room for me. The room was spacious with a huge locker. Maybe my only complain is that the showers weren't enclosed, so there's not to much privacy. But that's Finland typical I think.

Private rooms were good, facilities were average. Beds and pillows were rock hard and had to pay for wifi which were negatives. Easy location to get around from though

this is my experience: buffet breackfast in the mornig lasts only until 10.30, I started at 9.30 than at 10.30 the waiter told me to go away, as he had to close the restuarant, Than at 10.35 some other costumers came, the waiter repeated that he was closing and that it was not possible to have anythjng to drink/eat anymore, but when he noticed that the costumers had his same nationality, he started chatting with them and serving them food and drinks letting them sitting at the tables.

fitlhy kitchen: not cleaned during the whole week we stayed + 2 people slept on the sofa there for a night corridor's floor not cleaned for one week some of the staff could have been friendlier internet connection 5 euros for fast connection!!!! priceles!! nonsense when you stay at a youth hostel and not want to spend too much lack of privacy in the bathrooms

• 21st Oct 2013