Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

This hostel is basic but absolutely fine. Plenty of space in the room and nice big lockers. My only complaint was having to pay extra for wifi.

The hostel is nice and clean, good location and prices. I only wish the walls would be more soundproof... Not that it was that noisy during the night (I spent 2 nights, both on workdays), but you could here everything from the rooms around, so I don't want to imagine having some party neighbours.. and free wifi would have been nice..

everything is good about this hostel but remember this is a hotel more than a hostel, social atmosphere is zero. facilities are excellent but if ur looking to meet people while travelling, probably look somewhere else

The connectivity of wifi in rooms was very poor, which is bad if it would be free, but it's terrible if you have even to pay for it. The walls were pretty crappy too, you could hear people from other rooms like they were in yours. The rest of the facilities were awesome: sauna, towels, nice toilets and showers.

hostel asocial

Slightly longer walk than stated but excellent location for tram stop. Friendly polite staff who gave lots of information about local travel arrangements.

• 7th Aug 2014

Farly clean and comfortable for the price. Good bathrooms. Well located, staff is nice. The kitchen is disgusting. There is no free internet, which is kinda of super bizarre this days. Walls are thin, and there is a lot of families, so you have all this toddlers (sometimes some big 8 years old guys) hanging around in female bathrooms with their moms, which is not very hostel atmosphere.

The cleanliness of the place is really poor. Toilet sits left with the same marks on them two days later. The carpet in the corridor (at least on our floor), needs to go into the bin (it stinks) - easier to clean such a place if no carpet on the floor. Staff was very helpful, location was great. We were happy we could wash and dry our clothes and also that we could leave our suitcases at the hostel for a few more hours after check out.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Romania
  • Couple, 41+

Smoking area under the window. So noisy and not good odor when I sleep

Not enough dishes in the kitchen, we only had one cooking pot on our floor and no knife that could cut vegetables etc.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Luxembourg

We had a great stay. Rooms were better than expected, and the sauna was sweet. Also a great location. Recommend renting bikes to see the city.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Room are badly isolated, you can hear simply everyone around your room. And you need to pay to get wi-fi connection in your room.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Enjoyed my stay, and would stay there again.

Reception and pub staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nice, helpful, well organised staff. Everything in the hostel is well thought out. I really liked space organization - in a double room, I had a lot of shelves to use and even a bit of privacy. Carrying (and remembering of) a lot of keys and passwords (room, kitchen, wardrobe, Internet password) was slightly troublesome. Computers with free Internet access, table and floor cloths in kitchen and bathrooms to wipe water out, more cutlery and free coffee and tea in the kitchen would be great.

This is a big, sterile, sleeping compound, where it is easy to avoid contact with fellow travellers - especially if you book a room as I did. As it is usual in Finland, a night costs way too much compared to what you get. The security for standard travellers is excellent but having bicycle parking on the backyard, i.e. on the streets, gives a negative point here. Of course, in my case I could take the bike in my room. I suggest Eurohostel for groups or families seeking a low budget hotel.

A huge hostel with small 2-people dorms, feels like a university residence. Reasonably clean, very large lockers but small bathroom facilities. A bit oustide of the downtown, very little nearby. Really big, a bit factory-like, not many places to meet people outside of the small kitchens and the bar downstairs. Expensive, but then so is the whole of Finland. Good base to explore Helsinki from.

A good bed with good facilities. It has the feel of a chain hostel, so it is not all that intimate of a hostel experience. Don't expect meet all that many people. Also whatever the price is, add ten euros because you will not survive without the restricted wifi.

Pillows were the biggest turn off about this hostel! Either bring your own, or ask for a second one! The beds were slightly uncomfortable too, like sleeping on a soft board, but still manageable. I like the old fashioned elevator and it worked great. This hostel is right on the tram network, so it's very easy to get around the city from here. They have a bar/restaurant on site which is nice, and the hostel is very quiet during the night so it's easy to sleep. The showers are a little un-private.

Absolutely enjoyed my stay at Eurohostel Helsinki! The only thing subject to improvement was the lockers in the rooms. The key was very tricky to operate. Changing the locks or making it possible to use the padlocks guests brought along would be an improvement worth considering by the management.