Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Overall a pretty good hostel. Wifi was great but there wasn't really a common hang out area for solo travellers.

• 27th Aug 2015

Clean, good showers. Might make sense to do a little bit of analysis on who you group together in rooms. 65 year old man I was sharing a room with was already dead asleep with lights off and curtain drawn when I arrived at 9:30 pm and proceeded to be verbally abusive about my "late arrival" and need for light to unpack. That alone soured my experience significantly.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Everything was very good, especially sauna. The only thing to complain is WI-FI on the 5th floor. While on the1st floor it worked perfectly, on the 5th floor couldn't get connection at all.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

Friendly, well-run hostel in an excellent location ideal for the ferry to/from Estonia and a short walk to the market square. Sauna is a nice touch.

We couldn't have the wifi in the room. Clean and safe place but no particular atmosphere. Restaurant is close when not on eating hours. Location is good for Helsinki.

Great option for those that don't want to share with many others as the rooms are twin share, very big and well laid out for privacy for both guests! A nice bono was the free sauna each day in the morning included in the cost! About a 10min walk to market place for excellent well priced local food! Everything else can be radii reached from market square! I would be very happy to stay at euro hostel again!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Considering the price, nice place to stay But not a place to have a social vibe L

This was my second stay at this hostel and I very much enjoyed it! The facilities get an average rating, because the kitchen plates was covered in old dirt and the electricity did not at all feel safe. The staff was fine and did their job, but they could put on a smile and be a tad more service minded. Other than that, the rooms are clean with sheets and towel included (if you stay longer, they will give you new ones to change), it seemed safe (locker in the rooms) and there's a restaurant.

In general it is a nice hostel, very close to Viking Line harbor.

This is more like a hotel than a hostel. It has no Atmosphere and feels blah. I do like that they don't charge you extra for sheets and a towel, but the price is expensive anyway. I had so many problems with the WiFi... only really worked in front of the reception area. Honestly for Helsinki a night is good enough anyway. Found the city a bit boring too.

Good option for young people who want to discover Helsinki. It's not too far from the centre and you can get almost everywhere in a short time.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Had a nice stay here, not much of an atmosphere but that was fine. The rooms were in pairs so didn't get a chance to meet any other travellers and the bar was basic but expensive. However it was an easy 10-15min walk into the heart of the city. We ended up extending our stay at the hostel so must have been ok!

No communal feel to the hostel. Didn't allow much opportunity for engaging with fellow travellers. Disappointed with the cost off food and drink as they rivalled the prices of most restaurants in the area. Charging me 50 cent for a glass of tap water really disappointed me.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Rightly located to most touristic parts of the city and the harbor. Good value for Money

I stayed here for 5 nights with a friend. I got my own room which was nice for security reasons. The rooms were pretty hospital like and there had been someone's used gum laying on the window sill. I enjoyed how in Finland most bathrooms have bird noises in them. I also really liked the restaurant on the main floor!

Location is very good and it is realy clean, but internet was bad... Sauna was amazing!

The hostel is directly next to the tram stop so it's very convenient. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and the staff was lovely. Would stay here again!

The hostel lacks atmosphere and a good common area. It is outside of the center, but near the port if you are going to Tallinn. But the facilities are very good especially the sauna.

I liked it enough the first time I came back for seconds.

About as good they get for Scandinavian hosteling it seems.. Quite a good location but not a great atmosphere and and expensive for what it is! I wouldn't come here for a lively atmosphere but I would stay again as its a convenient location

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4