Eurohostel Reviews

Linnankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Great Sauna. Really just amazing. Room quite dated, horrible strip light. Could have been cleaner. Very hard to use locks on the cupboard in your room. Staff are very nice and helpful. There is a restaurant/common area in the building which was nice - but with 'for restaurant customers only' style signs, but there was no general common area that I could see. The individual rooms were pretty grim and not where you'd want to hang out.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Scotland

very good located with a short connection to the central station. however it wouldn't take too much effort to make the rooms nicer - come on, guys, just add some pictures to the walls, make a common room with an exchange book shelf where people can meet and hang out and this place would be so much more welcoming. also, it would help to have a staff who says hello.

Close to the tram station. Very clean for both public areas and inside the rooms. A bit annoying for the automatic turning on and off function of showering but it's fine overall :) Free wifi now :)

Good locaioan, friendly staff, great bathroom with warm floor and wonderful hot showers, but kitchens are poorly equipped and the common place isn't cosy and the walls are extremely thin, so you could easily hear people in the next room talking.

easy to find safe, the girls that work the desk are nice, but no atmosphere what so ever

We didn't really test all the offers like sauna or breakfast. It was a good stay but quite far from city centre by foot and tickets for tram are expensive as I think. But staff was nice and friendly and for two nights it had all what we were looking for.

Now with free wifi. Not recommended for solo travellers in my opinion.

Everything was great, except the fact that you had to pay extra for wifi. This seemed ridiculous considering that nowadays pretty much everywhere offers free wifi.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your feedback. Feedback is important to us in order to improve our services even further. Starting 1st January 2015 we have no longer charged for WiFi. WiFi is free of charge to all our clients.

First member of staff I met was very stern

• 22nd Dec 2014

everything is good except that we need pay for the wifi.

Thank you for your feedback. Starting 1st January 2015 we will no longer charge for the wifi.

needed more hooks in the room for hanging bath towels. found a real shortage of coffee cups in our dining room and had to go down a level to find one to make a hot drink. loved the carpet in the hall ways.

Showers were very poorly designed. No free wifi. Room was a good size, great big lockers.

The hostel was good and the location was convenient. The major drawbacks were that they didn't offer free wifi and their kitchen facilities were extremely basic - no real stove, just hot plates plugged in on top of a bench. I would probably look at another hostel if I visited Helsinki again.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. All the floors that have room also has a selfservice kitchen. On the upper floors (4th, 5th and 6 th floor) kitchens have been renovated. Kitchens on the 2nd and 3 rd floor are not yet renovated. All the kitchens are open to all our customers.

Paper thin walls, all rooms are 2-3 people, like a hotel, so people talk loud and play music all night which is brutal cause the walls block nothing, had the pleasure of listening to a guy practice the facking violin in the room beside me for 3 days, stayed 3 nights and had terrible sleeps, was happy to leave this place, worst hostel stop of a multi month euro trip, zero atmosphere.. Not many options in Helsinki tho, good luck!

The friendliest staff that I ever contacted. Good location , walking distance from the Viking LINE FERRY Terminal. 15mins walk to central railway station , to market square and information centre.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

I would not stay here again. I'd rather pay some more euros and stay in the city center in a better hostel. I find that it is quite unexceptionable for them to charge me 2€ for daily internet usage, if I've already paid 20€ something a night. Do not pay 8€ for the breakfast.. Not worth it either!

The staff are very nice and the hygiene is also quiet good. But it does not have any free wifi

The bathrooms were just unclean for the entire 5 days of my stay, with a layer of dust in all surfaces and constant stains of human feces on the toilets. One member of the staff asked me in a rough way to move to the lobby while I was on the phone (on the way to my private room). There is no shops around this hostel to go buy snacks or drinks, only houses and buildings. Architecture of rooms resembles prison cells, quite cold environment. I would not stay again.

Loved my stay here! Best shower with amazing water pressure & temperature which I experienced in my 7 months travel, good sized sauna for men and women separated, friendly reception staff, reasonably priced laundry facilities, location... If the breakfast & Internet were included in the price this place could be one of the best I stayed!

The furnishing is slightly pass its prime except for the shared bathrooms which seem to be fairly new and quite nice. While it is called a hostel it feels more like a hotel and seems to be popular with families and other travels as well. It is not a bad place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3