Eurohotel St Denis Reviews

102 Rue Gabriel Peri, St Denis, Paris, France

After travelling for 3 months around Europe this was the worst service I have received at a hotel. Due to unforeseen circumstances I needed to amend my booking, despite giving clear communication from my end, I was met with vague communication and then the wonderful surprise of the hotel cancelling my whole booking without my knowledge. I arrived to an unapologetic receptionist who proceeded to upsell me and my partner a room. This hotel is overpriced for its location to Paris & breakfast poor.

WARNING: I would not advise WOMEN to stay here, when we were walking around we would get stared at by men (and women) and would say god knows what in French - not sure if it was because we were women or white. We have never felt more unsafe visiting somewhere. Hotel felt secure and was clean however we suspect we got bedbugs on our first night! Most staff were rude. Breakfast was a rip off even though we got the discounted rate of 5 Euros per meal. Wifi does not work in rooms - only in lobby.

• 15th Sep 2014

I didnt like the neighbourhood, I didnt fell safe after 9 pm. But other than that you get what you pay for.

There are no wi-fi in the room and also air-con. Wi-fi is important for the tourists especially who traveled abroad. Air-con doesn't matter but the hostel should have a fan in the room, because we feel insecure to open windows at night.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

The hotel was clean and had everything we required, the reception was open 24 hrs which was useful and the staff answered all of out questions. Shame it was do far out of Paris we hadn't factored in metro costs and we would have liked the wifi to have stretched to our room. But this is a budget hotel so we won't complain!

This is the worst hotel ever, it is in the worst part of paris, is too dangerous, I even saw a guy that rob a lady in front of me, I don't know how can be a hotel in that area, nobody should stay there, you can't leave that place at night

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very unsafe area. All around terrible experience. Booked two nights and only stayed one. This place was literally in the ghetto 30 minutes from the city center of Paris. Will not ever be returning to saint-Denis ever again. If you don't mind being in an area with a crime rate quadruple that of most normal areas and only 18% crime solve rate then have at it. The is no AC even though it was advertised. But when I am told to hide my phone because of the area. I don't exactly feel safe.

• 8th Jun 2014

The "hostel" is essentially an old repurposed hotel. The location was average because it was right next to a train station, but don't be fooled. The hotel is in the middle of a strange neighborhood that is unaccomadating for any tourists, and is dangerous in terms of the locals. The wifi only works in the lobby that constantly smells like cigarette smoke, and cuts out at 11. There was no breakfast included, and on the whole this was not worth the amount per night we payed for it.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

When we got into the Room, the radiator was running on full heat - in Summer. Still not sure if this is a scam to open your windows.

This hotel is terribie. Location is zone 5. Staff are rude. Breakfest is not include. They are liar.

The hotel is nice and clean. Maybe some work needed in the bathroom. We were at 20 min from the center (Trocadéro, Eiffel tower) by metro. There's a metro station at 5 min from the hotel and a tram station right across the road. I won't say the place is 100% safe, but I think is as safe as the rest of the city (I never feel totally confortable walking down the street in Paris). The ratio price/quality is very reasonable. Don't need to have the Eiffel tower in front of the window? Go there!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Its a disgusting place, towels with holes,doors roten, mouldy appliances; overall it's a piece of shxx....

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Try improve safety to the visitors. For instance, hire a securuty person to stay in front of the hotel. My wife was assaulted there and almost robbed.

The hotel is really good. Anything isn´t dangerous there, as I heart before. The personal is really nice, only one was little bit arogant.

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Slovakia

safety is very bad in front of the hotel so i wouldn't recommend to go here

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Slovenia

St. Denis is one of the most dangerous cities in Paris, we were in a group of 8 and one person got robbed walking from the taxi to the hotel (MAYBE a 10 foot walk), and the hotel staff did nothing to help us, even though the robbery was right in front of their business. The police station was only a three minute walk and all officers advised us to get out of the city ASAP, so we stayed for one night in the small (smelly) hotel room. Do not stay here.

• 25th Jul 2013

The window faced the corridor directly, it is big enough for a person to sneak through. .....ventilation is bad because there is no air conditioning and for security reason the window have to remain closed

The rooms for this hostel were quite nice, but the area that that it is located in did not seem very safe. We were about 30-40 minutes out of the city and had to take quite a few metro stops.

the room is super small with bad and old furnitures

The rooms are toooooo small. There is a "table and a chair" for check list: useless and space-wasting. Toilet in my room was leaking, real mess! Restaurant is quite expensive which is not compared to the poor quality of service. Stuff hardly understands English. Orders were mixed up and changed without notification. And wifi is available only in lobby, though the average download speed is no more that 300 Bb/s, quite okay for facebook, but not for skype. Will never stay there again.

• 29th May 2013