Europa Hotel San Francisco Reviews

310 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, USA

It has got a really good location, but the staff is not very friendly and they'll charge you for everything. As we wanted to extend our stay, they gave us a higher price than before with a really strange explanation, why we need to pay more than the nights before. The bed was very dirty and the linen didn't fit in the dirty matress. All in all, it wasn't a comfortable stay.

Down the street from the infamous Beat area, Chinatown, and the Red Light District. View of the skyline up close from our room. Hard to find parking. Shared bathroom was never full and the room had it's own sink.

• 26th May 2014

The rooms could be a little cleaner and need a little renovation, but was a lot better than the reviews made it out to be. In a central location so was noisy, but that's what you get for being in the heart of it.

• 24th May 2014

I would not recommend anyone staying at this hostel - I honestly felt scared staying there because of really poor security, anyone could just walk right in from the street! There were homeless people sitting on the stairs when you came down, noise in the hallways, very poor cleanliness, I could go on. A recommendation would be to get some kind of key system for the main door, so not everyone could just walk right in.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Denmark

No flash but very well located and excellent value for money in SF

• 30th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Definitely a great location for a hotel, close to the center, close to the piers. The room looked pretty well and big for its price.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Bulgaria

The location is really good, very close to lots of restaurants, but the hotel is too bad, too dirty and it doesn't have too many restrooms.

It's like a horror movie! Cheap and okay if you have a male with you.. Not for 2 young girls like us!

• 12th Sep 2013

Shares corner with all the strip clubs in san fran so it's very loud but location is perfect! This place is old and run down, bathrooms were fine but we did find traces of bed bugs on our mattress, though we never actually saw any bugs. Pay the extra money and stay at a nicer place.

Location is amazing if you don't mind all the strip clubs. It's not a seedy area though - there's lots of bars and clubs and nightlife which is great if like us you're staying in the city in order to go out and have fun. However the rooms are pretty iffy and the whole atmosphere of the place is not great. There are lots of permanent residents who seem to be there because they can't afford to go anywhere better. If you can afford to sleep elsewhere - do so.

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Israel

Great location, helpfull staff. Kind of a shabby looking place but no real complaints.

Quite nice, on a good location, quite nice looking room, no lights in the bathroom ( shower), noisy sometimes but taking all into account was good.

You have a fantastic location but the hotel is very run down. We had a mouse in our room on the final night - woke up to find our bag of chips chewed through and eaten. Disgusting, I was relatively happy with the value for money until that happened. Also I find it very inappropriate to have male staff cleaning the female bathrooms at 8:30am, the prime time for women to be showering and using the bathroom. I felt uncomfortable in the bathroom at this point.

Great place to stay! Awesome location! I would definitely book this place again.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

The best hostel bed I've ever slept, good location and friendly staff.

• 9th Aug 2013

This hotel is close to the center of San Francisco and the staff was friendly and helpful. Besides that, there isn't much good to say about this place. The bed was extreamly dirty and even moldy at some spots. The sheets were full of hear from the previous person. Furthermore there was a lot of construction work being done while we were there. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. You'd rather enjoy this beatuiful city somewhere else.

Ok. Not too expensive. You can smell pot when you walk on the aisles. Showers seem to be small for the number of rooms. Great location in the heart of little italy.

I didn't stay at the hotel due to the negative reviews on trip advisor. I'm travelling with my girlfriend and didn't want to jeapordise our safety. I can't believe you list this hotel. A waste of $70 thank you!!!

• 5th Jul 2013

I'd say the location is a little bit sketchy at night, avoid walking around when dark. Hotel is okay, but there are better ones for the price.

It's a very old building. But in a great area staff is fine nothing special

« first « Prev 1 2 3