European Guesthouse Reviews

#0566, Group 2, Banteay Chas Village, Slorkram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The local staff are very nice, the rooms are okay. I wish there were lockers. When we arrived the bathroom sink was really gross and plugged, we had to ask for it to be fixed. Other than that there is a nice environment downstairs and it is pretty good value for the money.

It was a nice clean hostel with dorms on the first floor and private rooms ( where we stayed) on the second. There is also a small bar and restaurant downstairs, but we didn't really enjoy our food ( to be fair we weren't even charged for it because we complained about the quality). Overall nice value for money but not majority different than any other hostel/homestay on that alley ( it's literally packed with homestays)

Value for money guesthouse. Stayed in the private twin room with en-suite facilities and it was very clean. Liked that the room had both A/C and a fan. Great that the guesthouse always has tuk-tuks waiting outside so no problems getting a ride out. Staff were helpful and they have quite a good breakfast menu. Staying with European Guesthouse also meant that we got a 10% discount off Lemongrass Garden Spa which was much appreciated :o)

Someone I met at another hostel recommended this place and I was pleasantly surprised; I was expecting bare bones, but I honestly don't think I've ever had a better hostel room for so little money. In a safe area only a 10 minute walk to Pub Street. I only stayed there for the first 2 out of the 7 nights that I was in Siem Reap because they were completely booked up for the Khmer New Year. The staff was friendly and I met some other amazing folks there as well.

Very friendly staff and super clean rooms. Well worth a stop over here!

• 2nd Apr 2014

If you go there, don't go for the dorms! I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, the room was ok but everything else sucks. Around the bathroom was a really bad smell, inside it was like in a sauna,you weren't able to get out without sweating all over again. The only sinks are outside, so didn't have any privacy. There was no key for the dorm, so it was open all day, no lockers availabla. In my bed I didn't have a light, so it was really difficult to read- though the other beds had lights and plug-ins.

beds in the dorms were squeaky and the mattresses were too thin, other than this we had a great time

European GueesHouse Was a really nice place to stay. The staff were awsome, they arrange everything for our transportation to an other city after our stay. Also we had a free pickup from the airport when we arrive in Siem Reap. The old market is only 15 minutes of walking distance from the hostel. There is a lot of restaurents nearby. The doorms and the bahtroom are very clean, with hot water also. I deffynatly recommend it!

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts