European Guesthouse Reviews

#0566, Group 2, Banteay Chas Village, Slorkram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I stayed in the 6-bed AC dorm and they didn't clean it once while I was there. The toilets and showers are outside and pretty dirty. Normally I don't mind as long as the staff is nice and welcoming but they were not at all! You get the feeling that they just try to get as much money from you as possible. All the tours and bus tickets are overprised and they charged us even more when we got the bill. When we told them they said that the prices got raised! Not fair! I'll never stay here again!!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Clean, nice Garden with good atmosphere and really helpful staff. They offer a lot services and facilities. The guesthouse is situated in the quieter wat bo area but everything is in walking distance or short tuktuk ride.

I stayed at European Guesthouse for about a week. The staff were friendly and very accommodating when I asked to adjust the dates on my reservation due to a nice opportunity that came up. When there was a small miscommunication with the tuk tuk driver, they immediately stepped up to rectify the situation. I don't usually take the time to leave reviews, but the staff were so kind, courteous, and professional that I felt the need to acknowledge them here. I will definitely stay here again.

• 9th Oct 2014

Friendly staff, clean place with good air conditioning in dorms. Like all guesthouses, they organise tours and bus tickets for a commission so if you're really on a budget, shop around.

• 1st Oct 2014

I think this is a beautiful little place to stay, cosy, homey, lovely natural open setting and furniture to relax in everything you need, could not expect better value for such reasonable prices either. the staff are really helpfull, friendly, and the location is fine ..there are tuk tuks stationed out the front if you ever need one, or bicycles to use, or just a walk to places like the old market and the river

The local staff are very nice, the rooms are okay. I wish there were lockers. When we arrived the bathroom sink was really gross and plugged, we had to ask for it to be fixed. Other than that there is a nice environment downstairs and it is pretty good value for the money.

It was a nice clean hostel with dorms on the first floor and private rooms ( where we stayed) on the second. There is also a small bar and restaurant downstairs, but we didn't really enjoy our food ( to be fair we weren't even charged for it because we complained about the quality). Overall nice value for money but not majority different than any other hostel/homestay on that alley ( it's literally packed with homestays)

Value for money guesthouse. Stayed in the private twin room with en-suite facilities and it was very clean. Liked that the room had both A/C and a fan. Great that the guesthouse always has tuk-tuks waiting outside so no problems getting a ride out. Staff were helpful and they have quite a good breakfast menu. Staying with European Guesthouse also meant that we got a 10% discount off Lemongrass Garden Spa which was much appreciated :o)

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts