European Guesthouse Reviews

#0566, Group 2, Banteay Chas Village, Slorkram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Someone I met at another hostel recommended this place and I was pleasantly surprised; I was expecting bare bones, but I honestly don't think I've ever had a better hostel room for so little money. In a safe area only a 10 minute walk to Pub Street. I only stayed there for the first 2 out of the 7 nights that I was in Siem Reap because they were completely booked up for the Khmer New Year. The staff was friendly and I met some other amazing folks there as well.

Very friendly staff and super clean rooms. Well worth a stop over here!

• 2nd Apr 2014

If you go there, don't go for the dorms! I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, the room was ok but everything else sucks. Around the bathroom was a really bad smell, inside it was like in a sauna,you weren't able to get out without sweating all over again. The only sinks are outside, so didn't have any privacy. There was no key for the dorm, so it was open all day, no lockers availabla. In my bed I didn't have a light, so it was really difficult to read- though the other beds had lights and plug-ins.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Austria

beds in the dorms were squeaky and the mattresses were too thin, other than this we had a great time

European GueesHouse Was a really nice place to stay. The staff were awsome, they arrange everything for our transportation to an other city after our stay. Also we had a free pickup from the airport when we arrive in Siem Reap. The old market is only 15 minutes of walking distance from the hostel. There is a lot of restaurents nearby. The doorms and the bahtroom are very clean, with hot water also. I deffynatly recommend it!

We had a good stay but unfortunately the electricity kept cutting out along with the water. This made for quite a difficult couple of days however after talking to a few people it seems like a common problem on that road. Nice big room though!

This was a great place to hang out. Very welcoming and beautiful. The staff are very nice and trustworthy. I left my purse with my camera down by the bar, and they locked it up for me until I came to claim it. The food at the restaurant is VERY good value and delicious. Seriously, this is the BEST pizza I have had in SE Asia. perfect crispy homemade crust... yum! The rooms and are nice and clean, good showers. Wish there were lockers in the dorms. Not too far from Pub Street, about 15 min walk.

If you need a Tuk Tuk driver be sure to ask for Kong. Such a lovely and helpful man! :)

Great atmosphere, good and friendly staff.

A really good hostel

Not such great toilet/shower facilities for staying in the dormitory, the location isn't the best but the staff and food are great. Would suit older couples or people seeking a more laidback atmosphere.

VERY friendly staff, good atmosphere, clean rooms and bathrooms, really nice common area / restaurant / garden. And you can for a room with a view with crocodiles ;)

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts