European Hostel

Rating 739 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017
4.3

This hostel has a great location, a 10 minute walk from downtown. However, it's in a pretty dodgy area. I would not be comfortable walking around on my own. The website states they have recently had a full refurb but the bathrooms and dorms are in bad condition. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was only suitable to house 2 people it was that small. No aircon. The roof terrace is ok but no plants like the website photo indicates. Lots of long term residents staying too. We had food stolen also.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you found our area to be dodgy. We are only a few blocks from the Mayor's office and just a few blocks from where the President stays when in SF. We are located in an expensive metropolitan city and just as in Europe, we have small spaces compared to the some of the other areas in U.S which have ample space. We also do not discriminate and have some students staying with us as this is all they can afford in this very expensive city. Also, we are just recovering from a massive drought and removed all our plants in an effort to have enough drinking water for ourselves.

26th May 2017
8.0

My experience was fine here.

We thank you for staying with us and hope you choose The European Hostel in the future.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017
3.1

The toilet is dirty. Only have two toilet at each floor. Did not provide locker as advertised. Location is not very safe especially for woman. Service is poor. Custimer has to put their own bed sheet, and take out by themselves.

I am sorry to hear about the toilet situation and we are taking every effort to address that immediatley. Lockers are provided on every level of the hostel, you could have inquired with us if you didnt find one. We are a very small hostel and have 6 1/2 bathrooms for our 24 rooms. We are a hostel and as in many hostels we give you clean sheets and bring them back when you check out. We have many people steal our sheets and this is a way to keep track and keep our rates the lowest in SF.

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th Apr 2017
6.9

The maid is the worst.

Thank you for choosing to stay with The European Hostel and I am very sorry that you did not like the maid.

2nd Mar 2017

I am satisfied with the service.

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am glad you had a pleasant stay.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
21st Feb 2017
2.0

The first thing I saw when I arrived was a black car getting broken into outside in the middle of the day in broad daylight. Then when I got inside there was an overwhelming smell of urine when I went to make my way up to the room. I didn't even stay the night when I went up to the room I booked another nearby hotel for the night

FIrst of all, what you see outside does not reflect what goes on inside the hostel. Unfortunately, cars being broken into is a very common thing in the entire city not just in this neighborhood. Too many tourists leave their valuables inside of the car and these thieves are aware of it. There is no smell of urine in the hostel, we clean the place a few times a day and this was just your excuse to not stay here.