European Rooms Reviews

via Trento 44, Parma, Italy

I chose this hostel because other reviews had said this place felt like you were in a home, and I was looking to experience the city as a local rather than a tourist. At first, I was warmly welcomed to the hostel and Francesco the host seemed friendly. However, not only did Francesco live in the hostel, he repeatedly walked into your rooms for no particular reason to see what we were doing. After a few uncomfortable incidents involving suggestive comments and advances he made on my friend (which

Nice and close to the train station. Room was nice. Quite hot in summer, a fan would be a good.

There was a fan in the closet. We put there because the days before was cold temperature and we kept in the closet. Thank you for your stayed

Nice little hostel, friendly staff, nice rooms! Close to the trainstation. Bit noisy outside but nothing too bad.

People from the hostel are great and the hostel itself is cool, but for the sake of clarity it should be said that people looking for a quiet room shouldn't choose this place. Unfortunately it's on a busy street, near to the train station. Noise from the street didn't bother me too much, but other people who aren't used to that might beg to differ :)

• 16th Jul 2015

Very good place. Not a real hostel but an apartment adapted to receive travelers. This makes your stay more personalized as you feel like you're staying at a friend's place instead of at a hostel. Francesco, the manager, is a really cool guy who is fluent in Spanish and English so talking to him is very easy and interesting.

Promised air conditioning in the advertisement for the stay, but the owner soon removed their working air conditioner saying that I was the only customer that night, and they don't run the air conditioner for only one customer. Later, another customer arrived, and the air conditioner was still not returned.

Great hostel, the owner is a great man who can speak even polish. Very nice atmosphere. Very clean. Ten minutes from the main railway station and 15 minutes from the first city square. Nice location.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Poland

It s a very good hostel... the position is very good... very near of parma downtown. Francesco is a very nice italian young and very friendly... You feel really safe and good to stay in his hostel. I will come gladly again here if i want to stay again in Parma!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Romania

I had a wonderful stay at European Rooms! The only staff my friend and I met was Francesco, and was incredibly kind and helpful. He made us feel right at home, and made the overall experience more enjoyable. We stayed in a private double room, and it was lovely and beautiful. The facilities were all clean, and the people staying there were friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here, and will stay here again if I ever return to Parma.

Good place to meet people. Great to have a kitchen and make my own coffee :-)

I had had a really bad travel day, and then I arrived in this hostel and had a fantastic time in Parma thanks to Francesco and the guests at European rooms. The hostel is a few minutes walk in a straight line from the station (just make sure you take the exit which is down the stairs) and it is very easy to find your way into town and home again. Francesco was a fantastic host, it was more like staying at a friends home. I would definitely stay here again, and probably will! Thanks so much.

The hostel is really close to the train station and the touristic spots. Bathroom is really clean.

Very relaxing apartment and Francesco is a very helpful and well travelled host, was able to provide a map for the city and recommend what to see.

Really nice place !! The manager was awesome, we had really good conversations, he showed me around and I had a really nice time in Parma ! We went to a parmigiano factory, and I feeled like back in my student appartment for a couple of days.

The owner was never there during our stay and wasn't good at communicating with us. We waited for about 2 hours to check in, and the woman next door came and received our money. There was a miscommunication about the room we were staying in - we were put in a 5 bed dorm at first even though we paid for a private double bed room. Also, the place is called a bed and breakfast, but there is no breakfast, and it's more of a small hostel. Clean, met cool people, and nice balcony.

A hostel in a residential flat. Very close to the train station and within walking distance of city centre. Excellent host with lots of maps, guides, information where to eat, go out, etc. Very much recommended.

The hostel was small but nice. The owner (can't remember his name) was really nice and made you feel really comfortable. Rooms don't have AC, so they get really hot in summer (39°C when I stayed there) so that could be fixed. Also, there was an old man in the room who was really rude towards the rest of the guests, so they could have some age limitations. It's 15mins walking from the centre but overall it was a good stay.

Loved the hostel, loved the cirugías

This was a bizarre place to stay. The owner wasn't there when we arrived and there were other guests already there who were really panicking about this. When he did finally arrive he was helpful and friendly. However, during the night he talked loudly on the phone, and then slept on a mattress in the hallway. The room itself was beautifully decorated although the pillows were lumpy and the bathroom could have done with a good clean.

This hostel was great--super close to the train station and Parma center. Had no issues with the wifi. Hot shower, clean bathroom, all was well! Would definitely return.