Eurostudent home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

Really cool place and the location is awesome! You can go to the most famous place by food! The hostel was clean and the staff was great. Overall, I had a great time there.

Very difficult to find, the directions given didn't help much. Bathroom was not very nice, there were no handsoap and the shower was very unpractical. Room was okey, I stayed in a dorm and the cleaning was ok. I changed hostel after 2 nights, mainly due to the bad security, (we were given no keys, all the doors was always open, and in my room er were 10 people but only 4 lockers), and that the staff were allowing people to smoke inside. That was very unpleasant.

Perfect location in central Florence! Justin in the staff very professional and friendly. But, other people in the staff didn't know much about how the hostel worked. Then there was a full-scale renovation going on while I lived there, with working people running around everywhere, around our rooms without locks. Then with a bathroom where the door should not be closed, I had a somewhat strange experience the first night. Second night though, changed room and floor and there standard OK!

• 28th May 2014
  • Sweden

Great location right near Ponte Vecchio Bridge and numerous squares. Justin at reception was great in ensuring you had a good stay and found all of the sights, food, and attractions you're interested in. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Staff cooked dinner and accompanied us to a nearby bar and club one night, in addition to hanging out with us in the hostel in the evenings. This all created a great atmosphere. Great value too, full kitchen, fridge space, good wifi, would recommend to any/everyon

We were there at the end of may and the place was under construction. The staff was very nice and they kept our valuable stuff safely. Isn't the cleanest place and the most confortable beds but overall it's good. We probably had one of the worst rooms... they other rooms looked bigger and cleaner.

this hostel is very good the people working there they are very helpful and funny they made my stay memorable.zii is very funny dancer and sing is good teacher.i miss you friends................

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea

singh, the man working the front desk when we arrived was extremely helpful and the location of the hostel couldn't have been better. Also the place was clean which was great especially given that the place we had just come from was on the dirtier side.

Lock out time was the most annoying thing ever. Why is it necessary to clean for 6 hours. What are they doing ? It's not that clean. There are no locks on any of the doors no privacy not even the bathroom. the wifi was shitty in my room. Lack of outlets. Had to leave my iPhone on the floor near a door with no locks. Amazing location abssssss amazing

Ideal location. Close to Santa Maria train station, two minute walk from the Duomo and other points of interest. There is sangria on Thursday and dinner every night, which is great to get to know other people in the hostel. I will stay to this place again when I come back to Florence.

The staff knew very little about the city of Florence and couldn't really answer any of the basic questions we had - they told us to google or to ask a travel agency. The hostel itself was very dirty and washrooms were pretty bad as well (there were only 2 for over 20 people). Great location and met some super amazing people, but would recommend staying somewhere else.

I'm adding this review, because reading the other reviews over there, I was afraid there might be bedbugs or crazy stuff in the hotel. However, as of may 2014, everything is clean and nice. There also was that mysterious "10 to 5 lockup". Don't worry, the trick is that if you got your keys, you can always go to your room and get your stuff etc: they just are less available at those times. The staff is allright and friendly and we had a wonderful stay there.

It was really nice to stay in Eurostudent home. The location was just perfect, the atmosphere was really nice and the people working there were really helpful and accomodating. Its a really nice hostel.

• 1st May 2014
  • Colombia

The common area was regularly inhabited by the hostel staff- As a paying guest I felt strange, not able to be comfortable in a space which seemed to be a staff area. There was only one bathroom for over 10 people, which was difficult. The duvets/quilts were not washed between guests' use. The hostel's kitchen was good, and the location was perfect, so in some respects it was good value for money.

nasty place, I never come back!

Firstly, the staff are great. Friendly, helpful and just a pack of jokers. The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Florence and a short walk away from all the sights. At the price, it's a great bargain. But the wifi is a mess, if it's even working. And the bunk beds don't have ladders, making getting on and off the top bunk tricky to say the least. Sort these out (but especially the wifi) and it would be a great place.

Decent place to stay if you're not a delicate traveler (bathroom smells somewhat unpleasant, not much space to store belongings out of the way, and it's a bit of a climb up the stairs from the street to the hostel itself). Very much a youth oriented environment. Highly social.

Dont stay here! Turn up at an orgy with chlamydia and you will receive a warmer welcome than that at Eurostudent Home. Dingy, drug-den feel to the common area (which, incidentally, was half full with everyone's bags, as they had been evicted from their rooms at 10am for a daily 4-5 hour clean), unfriendly atmosphere, broken wifi, and a 45 minute wait to check in meant me and three other travellers (who I met during the wait) unanimously agreed to leave and stay elsewhere, at more expense.

No soap in toilets Toilet was blocked 2 toilets and showers for entire floor 11am to 5pm total lockout Staff seem friendly and encourage social activity.

I don't rate this hostel. It's a roof over your head in an extremely good location. The bathroom and kitchen is dirty, the wifi hardly works and the staff don't care about any of this. The bonus is the parties they hold on weekends, however they come into the dorms to rally you and when you have the flu this isn't ideal. I wouldn't stay here again purely due to the fact that the price doesn't match the quality. If it was cheaper it would be a different story.

Cheap for Florence and staff are super friendly when you arrive, and organised a fun pasta party and a night out. BUT: Lockout is just too long and early. Second night, I wanted to stay in my room and sleep, and one of the staff came into my room and spent 10 minutes trying to force me to come out. It was really creepy. I don't care about noise, but "party" hostel shouldn't mean it's compulsory to go and drink. Also someone threw up on the floor and it wasn't cleaned properly for 2 days. AVOID”