Eurostudent home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

I would say that euro student home is the best hostel I've been in Italy, really well located, 5 minutes walk from both Duomo and central train station. The bedrooms are also really clean and the matresses are really good. Last but not least I need to mention how nice are the hostel staffs, sam and michel are both really commited and making your stay in Florence the best experience, and awesome giving directions and tips regarding best places to go. SANGRIA PARTY WAS THE BEST every friday.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Bolivia

Great Hostel! I stayed there at the beginning of my exchange-year at the University of Florence and felt really welcome and comfortable at this hostel. staff helped me so much with organizing stuff and also told me the best places to see in Florence. Thank you so much

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Great fun! Only thing is that it's a little dirty. Great location and staff are so great to you. Very caring and friendly.

Nice location. The staff were very unfriendly. We were 4 boys and were asked to move out from the doem to another room which didnt have a lock just a few minutes after the check-in without any reason. The hostel was dirty and wifi worked only in common areas. Pathetic experience. Would never go back again.

It's a very nice place with quite friendly staff. While not a lot of security within the hostel (locked rooms/lockers), a max 6 people can be in the dorms and the staff are within easy reach so that isn't too much of a worry. The owner also puts out wine and snacks out each night so if you attend that on the first night, you'll likely meet and know everybody who is visiting anyways, so there is a very nice community feel. The staff also give a detailed description of Florence when you arrive.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

The staff was really friendly and more of a family environment ,staffs personally sits down with you and circles points of interests on the map and wants to make sure you are comfortable. They also provide wine and snacks after 9:00 PM so we can get together and discuss our day and get to know each other. They provide a refrigerator so you can get your own food and sit down and enjoy your meal with other guests staying there. I just wished I spend one more day there, I will be back.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The best staff Sam and Mike were excellent hosts, and I have never stayed in a more welcoming hostel that I was so happy to return to after busy days. Lots of information on the city was given on arrival, wine was provided in the evening which made it easy to relax and socialise with other travellers, bedrooms and common areas were always clean. Definitely recommend, I would stay here again

• 5th Nov 2013

Disgusting room- got bitten to death by bed bugs. Toilet completely clogged with previous residents' poop. Don't stay here.

• 2nd Nov 2013

The hostel is located right in the center of Florence, so of course, there is no elevator and the whole place looks like a donjon with all the stairs. That said, our experience was not the best. Rooms or bathrooms are not properly cleaned (hairs on the floor, no bathmat, no showerhead, a very greasy substance on the table next to my bed). Moreover, the rooms have to many beds inside, the doors do not lock and I saw a room with just with a curtain. It's not the kind of place you want to settle in

I absolutely loved staying at euro student home it had such a homey feel to it and theres nothing better than that backpacking. The rooms were super clean, there was a power point next to every bed, the internet was awesome and there was heater in the rooms. The 2 guys that run this hostel are probably the nicest people ever meet, they helped me and plan my trip through cinque terre. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• 31st Oct 2013

Very well located. Just leave a bit behind in security (locks for luggage once you check out) and cleanliness (bathroom). But for the locks, everybody just leave it in the main room where the staff stay, so nothing happens. Very good value for money.

Better than I expected! There was a kitchen after all, stocked with everything you need to cook a meal. The hostel is spread over 2 floors

Euro student home was a great place to stay- it is small and cozy, with a friendly atmosphere (by both staff and other guests). I was helped in everyday I needed- things to see, places to eat gelato, trains to regional Toscana and to Milan.nice reception' and big kitchen which helps euro student be what it is- welcoming, open, friendly, helpful ...................... Muchas gracias Mike y Sam sigan asi mis mejores deseos para uds.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Ecuador

when I choose a hostel to stay, my priority is location. and euro student home location is excellent. also, staff are super kind and generous and lovely and nice and during my italy visit i also stayed in rome and pisa but euro student home atmoshpere was so real when comparing the other two hostels. i hope in the recent future i will go to florence again and stay here thanks

• 30th Oct 2013

This has been my favourite hostel to stay at so far and made my time in Florence as good as it could possibly be. staff was amazing! they gave excellent recommendations on where to eat and could answer all of my questions, even i did my laundry there for free. The hostel was also in a fabulous location, 8 min walk from SMN train station and within easy walking distance to all the main attractions but not in a busy street. I had a fantastic hostel experience here!

• New Zealand

Perfect location very close 10 minute walking from the main station another 5 minutes from the Duomo. The staff were friendly I had easier ways to communicate, even if I speak other languages. Free wi-fi and 3 computers on the comoon area, nice kitcken, smoking area, but to many stairs no elevator.

• 30th Oct 2013

The staff and service were absolutely fantastic, and the location couldn't have been better. The only downside was that there wasn't much ventilation in the rooms, the heater wasn't very effective, and no towels . But these are petty complaints. Overall, it was a great hostel and I'd stay there again..

• 29th Oct 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful but you have to get rid of the bed bugs!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to walk up 14 flights of stairs, no elevator. There is a lock out everyday from 10am until 5pm where they apparently "clean". Some of the rooms are not on the same level as reception. The sink in our room did not work and the public bathroom on our floor was disgusting. They hold a form of identification from you until they get their keys back, however, we had to leave at 6:20am and rang the door bell and knocked on the door to return the key and no one answered so I never got it back.

• 25th Oct 2013

Great staff, really helpful people,very informative on anything i asked for...from food to art! there is a lovely common area where you can meet a lot of people and get books in different languages to read and exchange, rooms are really large compared to the ones I've been in Italy. the place is 5 mins walk from the big,fantastic David and 12 mins away from the Dome of Florence, definitely recommend it to anyone who's visiting Florence!

• 25th Oct 2013