Eurostudent home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The best staff Sam and Mike were excellent hosts, and I have never stayed in a more welcoming hostel that I was so happy to return to after busy days. Lots of information on the city was given on arrival, wine was provided in the evening which made it easy to relax and socialise with other travellers, bedrooms and common areas were always clean. Definitely recommend, I would stay here again

• 5th Nov 2013

Disgusting room- got bitten to death by bed bugs. Toilet completely clogged with previous residents' poop. Don't stay here.

• 2nd Nov 2013

The hostel is located right in the center of Florence, so of course, there is no elevator and the whole place looks like a donjon with all the stairs. That said, our experience was not the best. Rooms or bathrooms are not properly cleaned (hairs on the floor, no bathmat, no showerhead, a very greasy substance on the table next to my bed). Moreover, the rooms have to many beds inside, the doors do not lock and I saw a room with just with a curtain. It's not the kind of place you want to settle in

I absolutely loved staying at euro student home it had such a homey feel to it and theres nothing better than that backpacking. The rooms were super clean, there was a power point next to every bed, the internet was awesome and there was heater in the rooms. The 2 guys that run this hostel are probably the nicest people ever meet, they helped me and plan my trip through cinque terre. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• 31st Oct 2013

Very well located. Just leave a bit behind in security (locks for luggage once you check out) and cleanliness (bathroom). But for the locks, everybody just leave it in the main room where the staff stay, so nothing happens. Very good value for money.

Better than I expected! There was a kitchen after all, stocked with everything you need to cook a meal. The hostel is spread over 2 floors

Euro student home was a great place to stay- it is small and cozy, with a friendly atmosphere (by both staff and other guests). I was helped in everyday I needed- things to see, places to eat gelato, trains to regional Toscana and to Milan.nice reception' and big kitchen which helps euro student be what it is- welcoming, open, friendly, helpful ...................... Muchas gracias Mike y Sam sigan asi mis mejores deseos para uds.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Ecuador

when I choose a hostel to stay, my priority is location. and euro student home location is excellent. also, staff are super kind and generous and lovely and nice and during my italy visit i also stayed in rome and pisa but euro student home atmoshpere was so real when comparing the other two hostels. i hope in the recent future i will go to florence again and stay here thanks

• 30th Oct 2013

This has been my favourite hostel to stay at so far and made my time in Florence as good as it could possibly be. staff was amazing! they gave excellent recommendations on where to eat and could answer all of my questions, even i did my laundry there for free. The hostel was also in a fabulous location, 8 min walk from SMN train station and within easy walking distance to all the main attractions but not in a busy street. I had a fantastic hostel experience here!

• New Zealand

Perfect location very close 10 minute walking from the main station another 5 minutes from the Duomo. The staff were friendly I had easier ways to communicate, even if I speak other languages. Free wi-fi and 3 computers on the comoon area, nice kitcken, smoking area, but to many stairs no elevator.

• 30th Oct 2013

The staff and service were absolutely fantastic, and the location couldn't have been better. The only downside was that there wasn't much ventilation in the rooms, the heater wasn't very effective, and no towels . But these are petty complaints. Overall, it was a great hostel and I'd stay there again..

• 29th Oct 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful but you have to get rid of the bed bugs!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to walk up 14 flights of stairs, no elevator. There is a lock out everyday from 10am until 5pm where they apparently "clean". Some of the rooms are not on the same level as reception. The sink in our room did not work and the public bathroom on our floor was disgusting. They hold a form of identification from you until they get their keys back, however, we had to leave at 6:20am and rang the door bell and knocked on the door to return the key and no one answered so I never got it back.

• 25th Oct 2013

Great staff, really helpful people,very informative on anything i asked for...from food to art! there is a lovely common area where you can meet a lot of people and get books in different languages to read and exchange, rooms are really large compared to the ones I've been in Italy. the place is 5 mins walk from the big,fantastic David and 12 mins away from the Dome of Florence, definitely recommend it to anyone who's visiting Florence!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

This hostel has a great location and its cheap, that's about it for me. The beds have bedbugs, the staff was rude, yelling at people to be quiet? that doesn't make sense to me. I didn't mind to much that it was a "party hostel" but there was noise until late on the Friday night "sangria party", not really my scene. Also this hostel closes completely from 10 am till 5 pm, not something I have had to deal with before. Yeah thats about it, oh yeah did I mention the bedbugs? seriously? not worth it.

• 24th Oct 2013

Only issues were the door did not lock to our private (but our stuff was safely stored in a cabinet) and it was up 5-6 flights of stairs. Other than those problems, it was a fine stay at the hostel.

It's a great little place that is hidden with no big signs to tell you you're there, but once you have found it, you'll find that the location is pretty excellent, it's quiet and clean Rooms and bathroom were very clean. Location was very good, only 5 minutes or so from the trainstation and not much further from the Duomo.The best place to meet people, the lock out for cleaning was bit long. Overall a very nice place.You get all this for a excellent price. I recommend it

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Mexico

I love this hostel! It's close to everything, it's quite, the beds are so comfortable, and the room is decorated beautifully! We booked a 4 beds room with a shared bathroom, the staffs upgraded us to the ensuite bathroom room with no extra charge! Though the wifi is not so strong in the room that's not really a huge problem. Overall, we'll definitely stay here again if we ever visit Florence in the future!

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great location and pretty good facilities all round. Cleanliness, bad. Makes you wonder what they do during the lock-out apart from changing the sheets. Staff honestly weren't that friendly. Would really help to be more forthcoming and welcoming of guests.

Staff is helpful and very welcoming. It is a lovely place to relax and get a good sleep as it is in centre. It is about a 3 minute walk into the centre, which we did a couple of times a day with no problem, even felt safe to walk at night. There is a cafe (right next door), self service laundry and a supermarket very close by. and a very big common room with 3 computers and kitchen with smoking are was very nice .. free wifi is very strong

• 20th Oct 2013