Eurostudent home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

The hostel looked like construction site. We were fortunate enough not to have to leave our luggage in the reception and the hostel during the day so they could work and clean, but we heard of other guest who had that experience. No AC in the room and it was incredible hot, instead they had provided an industrial strength fan that had a sound comparable to that of a jet motor. No security what so ever, didn't have to use the keys even once during our stay.

It was very difficult to sleep because in the common room there was always people shouting and listening to loud music, but for the hostel's location I could stand that. It's perfect for getting to know new people and partying !

Pros: great location and they made free sangria for everyone on friday and Saturday. Quite social so you can mingle with other travelers. Cons: it was under construction while we were there. They have a 7 hour lockout time where you'd assume they would be cleaning, but I witnessed multiple times where the 'cleaners' would just sit on the computer and try to wheel girls. Over half the staff lives there and they expect you to leave during their b.s. lockout. Very unorganized. Worst hostel ever

The whole place looked like it was under renovation, my friend's bed disappeared in the middle of the day and came back in the evening. Rooms were not cleaned thoroughly and there were only 2 toilets on the whole floor of about 30 people so there was always a queue at night and in the morning.

ALL bathrooms had the seat taken from the toilets. This is unsanitary and unnecessary. We all hated that they have a "throw you out of bed" policy and come and wake you up at 9am, and you have to be out by 10am. This is supposedly for cleaning purposes, but it is annoying to say the least. I had never stayed anywhere where they did this.

We stayed at euro student for 3 nights the atmosphere in the hostel is very good and the staff are usually happy to offer their assistance. The fact that the hostel has no lift is a huge inconvenience as the rooms are about 15 flights of stairs up. The lockout is far too long they simply do not need that amount of time to 'clean'. However, to meet new people and stay in Florence for cheap this place caters for that.

The bunk beds did not have a railing for the top bunk and there was only one ladder for all 4 sets. They were basically renovating when we were there and we were on lockout from about 10am-5pm. The staff was friendly and the room was cheap, so I guess you get exactly what you pay for. Nice thing though is a great kitchen and two computers if needed.

This hostel has a lot of potential and was pretty good when I stayed there. They seemed to be undergoing a lot of renovation. The wifi was great, the showers were great (even though there weren't many) and the kitchen is nice with a great view of the Duomo. The staff needs more women (it was all men) and more locals (none seemed familiar with Florence). Justin was cool and helpful. It's just missing little things for example, the bunk beds didn't have ladders! The 9am wakeup call was insane.

The location was excellent for Florence. Walking distance from everything... But major problems with the actual hostel. We were given 2 keys and we don't even know what they were for. None of the rooms locked and also the staff would randomly come and peer into your room. As 2 females travelling together neither of us felt comfortable having a shower alone in the room because the staff were creepy. Also they locked you out from 10-5 and closed the common room/kitchen at 11pm. Way too expensive.

Free dinner was amazing! Just what I needed after traveling. Great conversation and the upstairs room was awesome but downstairs was a bit weird with all the construction. The shower was so bad it turned off every 2 seconds (actually) so it basically did not work.

Good facilities but very rude and non-caring staff. We booked beds in a 6 bed dorm and were transfered to a 10 bed dorm without mentioning. After some work from our side we finally got the money in between back.

One of the toilets was broken, so more than 20 people were trying to share one toilet. There was a place to lock up our bags once we got into our room, but it would have been nice to have left our bags in a secure place for the day. Definitely a party hostel. The staff kept encouraging kids to go out and party.

• 30th May 2014

Very polarized review page for this hostel, so here are a couple of thoughts for clarity. PROS: Ideal location, very friendly, cool, helpful staff (who actually remembered my name), clean rooms and common area (at least where I stayed on the top floor), great group of other hostelers (at least when I was there), working wifi and common computers (!). CONS: Construction (when I was there), multiple floors up, few outlets, 7 hour lock-out period (quick access to stuff possible). Overall: B

Really cool place and the location is awesome! You can go to the most famous place by food! The hostel was clean and the staff was great. Overall, I had a great time there.

Very difficult to find, the directions given didn't help much. Bathroom was not very nice, there were no handsoap and the shower was very unpractical. Room was okey, I stayed in a dorm and the cleaning was ok. I changed hostel after 2 nights, mainly due to the bad security, (we were given no keys, all the doors was always open, and in my room er were 10 people but only 4 lockers), and that the staff were allowing people to smoke inside. That was very unpleasant.

Perfect location in central Florence! Justin in the staff very professional and friendly. But, other people in the staff didn't know much about how the hostel worked. Then there was a full-scale renovation going on while I lived there, with working people running around everywhere, around our rooms without locks. Then with a bathroom where the door should not be closed, I had a somewhat strange experience the first night. Second night though, changed room and floor and there standard OK!

• 28th May 2014
  • Sweden

Great location right near Ponte Vecchio Bridge and numerous squares. Justin at reception was great in ensuring you had a good stay and found all of the sights, food, and attractions you're interested in. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Staff cooked dinner and accompanied us to a nearby bar and club one night, in addition to hanging out with us in the hostel in the evenings. This all created a great atmosphere. Great value too, full kitchen, fridge space, good wifi, would recommend to any/everyon

We were there at the end of may and the place was under construction. The staff was very nice and they kept our valuable stuff safely. Isn't the cleanest place and the most confortable beds but overall it's good. We probably had one of the worst rooms... they other rooms looked bigger and cleaner.

this hostel is very good the people working there they are very helpful and funny they made my stay memorable.zii is very funny dancer and sing is good teacher.i miss you friends................

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea

singh, the man working the front desk when we arrived was extremely helpful and the location of the hostel couldn't have been better. Also the place was clean which was great especially given that the place we had just come from was on the dirtier side.