Eurostudent home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

I'm adding this review, because reading the other reviews over there, I was afraid there might be bedbugs or crazy stuff in the hotel. However, as of may 2014, everything is clean and nice. There also was that mysterious "10 to 5 lockup". Don't worry, the trick is that if you got your keys, you can always go to your room and get your stuff etc: they just are less available at those times. The staff is allright and friendly and we had a wonderful stay there.

It was really nice to stay in Eurostudent home. The location was just perfect, the atmosphere was really nice and the people working there were really helpful and accomodating. Its a really nice hostel.

• 1st May 2014
  • Colombia

The common area was regularly inhabited by the hostel staff- As a paying guest I felt strange, not able to be comfortable in a space which seemed to be a staff area. There was only one bathroom for over 10 people, which was difficult. The duvets/quilts were not washed between guests' use. The hostel's kitchen was good, and the location was perfect, so in some respects it was good value for money.

nasty place, I never come back!

Firstly, the staff are great. Friendly, helpful and just a pack of jokers. The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Florence and a short walk away from all the sights. At the price, it's a great bargain. But the wifi is a mess, if it's even working. And the bunk beds don't have ladders, making getting on and off the top bunk tricky to say the least. Sort these out (but especially the wifi) and it would be a great place.

Decent place to stay if you're not a delicate traveler (bathroom smells somewhat unpleasant, not much space to store belongings out of the way, and it's a bit of a climb up the stairs from the street to the hostel itself). Very much a youth oriented environment. Highly social.

Dont stay here! Turn up at an orgy with chlamydia and you will receive a warmer welcome than that at Eurostudent Home. Dingy, drug-den feel to the common area (which, incidentally, was half full with everyone's bags, as they had been evicted from their rooms at 10am for a daily 4-5 hour clean), unfriendly atmosphere, broken wifi, and a 45 minute wait to check in meant me and three other travellers (who I met during the wait) unanimously agreed to leave and stay elsewhere, at more expense.

No soap in toilets Toilet was blocked 2 toilets and showers for entire floor 11am to 5pm total lockout Staff seem friendly and encourage social activity.

I don't rate this hostel. It's a roof over your head in an extremely good location. The bathroom and kitchen is dirty, the wifi hardly works and the staff don't care about any of this. The bonus is the parties they hold on weekends, however they come into the dorms to rally you and when you have the flu this isn't ideal. I wouldn't stay here again purely due to the fact that the price doesn't match the quality. If it was cheaper it would be a different story.

Cheap for Florence and staff are super friendly when you arrive, and organised a fun pasta party and a night out. BUT: Lockout is just too long and early. Second night, I wanted to stay in my room and sleep, and one of the staff came into my room and spent 10 minutes trying to force me to come out. It was really creepy. I don't care about noise, but "party" hostel shouldn't mean it's compulsory to go and drink. Also someone threw up on the floor and it wasn't cleaned properly for 2 days. AVOID”

The staff were really nice and the hostel is in a very good location of Florence, but the bathroom wasnt very clean.

Cool place, excellent and very friendly staff!!! Perfect location!

Terrible. Bed bugs, dirty dishes hidden in cupboards. Staff were really creepy, woke you up at 8:30, always looking into your room.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Eurostudent hostel is a disgusting place with bed bugs all over. I cannot recommend it at all. Just the staff was ok.

Although staying only for one night, this was one of the hostels where i felt more well received! The staff is super nice, lend us some wine and everyday there is a pasta or drink party! Awsome staff, big kitchen with everything you need to cook, gathering area, good location near main attractions, 20min walking from train station However, it was difficult for us to find the hostel when we arrived to the adress, it has a small board with its name and the shower door didn't lock. Reccomended!

Although I had a hard time finding the hostel at first and once I did was slightly sceptical I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed my stay. Met a lot of great people and the staff was very nice and welcoming. I'd stay here again.

If you enjoy bed bugs and loud obnoxious conversations at all hours and filthy bathrooms, this place is 100% for you!! Staff are friendly. location is good. Bed bugs and the cleanliness ruined the experience

• 19th Apr 2014

It´s hard to find one word to describe this hostal. On the one hand, the personal are kind, they led us to a bar and organized a party among those who stayed there that night. I had a great time there. On the other hand, the room in which i stayed doesn't have a proper lock and anyone in this hostal can enter into our room. And the wifi of the hostal is really bad, i only had signal intermittently.

It was the best decision to stay in this hostel! The staff is really friendly, they always took care about us, the room was clean, comfortable and safe. The view from the window is amazing. I recommend this place, the best hostel to choose if you want to go to Florence. Thank you all the things guys!!!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

I didn't realize there would be so many stairs! You climb up about 6 flights of stairs before getting to the actual hostel, but the hostel is nice. Lots of bunkbeds, different sized rooms on different floors. Free pasta dinners, place to keep luggage. Staff was very friendly and helpful. GREAT location. Safe. Highly recommend for someone looking for something simple, a place to sleep and shower.