Eva's Backpackers

8.5
Fabulous 1046 Total Reviews

24th Feb 2017
5.4

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Security was very satisfactory. Compared to other facilities I've been at for the same kind of money, I found Eva's to be very in need of updates and the common rooms were not an atmosphere worth hanging out in. Apparently there's a nice rooftop deck but it was raining during my visit. Only some of the bathrooms had handsoap to wash your hands.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights and loved every second of it. Staff were super friendly and the atmosphere was welcoming. Met a range of people from all walks of life which made our stay more special. We arrived to the news of a free BBQ that same night and weren't disappointed at what we received, massive spread of food and even cake for dessert! Highly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Sydney. Good location as right next to Kings Cross Station but not ideal if you want to walk into town.

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Feb 2017

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to be close to the centre (you can walk it in 20 or get the train every few mins) and is looking for an older, non-party crowd. The hostel is really clean and I put this down to the staff who work so hard to keep it that way. I'd stay again for sure!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

Great atmosphere & very friendly/helpful staff. Only complaint would be no ac but we did get two fans so it wasn't too bad. Wifi only downstairs so it could be a bit inconvenient but overall great stay

• Germany, Female, 31-40
18th Jan 2017
7.7

At 7 am you will wake up of the noise.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
11th Jan 2017

I can't recommend Eva's more! I was so happy with my stay there. The location was excellent - close enough to walk to the CBD and a 2 minute walk from Kings Cross station which takes you to Bondi or to the centre. The rooms were always clean, loads of room, big lockers. The beds were comfortable and not too close to one another, which is great if you don't know the people you are sharing with! The only suggestion I might have would be to have some group activities/nights out for guests :)

6th Jan 2017
8.0

I enjoyed my stay at Eva's ! It has a lot of extras like Free coffee tea milk all day, cute rooftop even if it shuts at 9:30 pm, pizza night and pancake morning. The kitchen it nice to hang out and meet people. staff is globally friendly, although, some were more helpful than others. I feel you can tell when the staff is hired for accommodation, and they tend to behave like they're not really on the job and couldn't care less. Too bad ! But I recommend the hostel for sure !

3rd Jan 2017
6.6

The actual desk/cleaning staff was great but I think there were a few travellers who were supposed to be "working" but not actually doing anything. The common area was always full of drunk passed out people on the couch and all their stuff, so it felt like space was limited.

20th Dec 2016

great hostel, clean, convenient and cosy. not a party hostel but still a good atmosphere

5th Dec 2016

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel very much. Good place to explore Sydney, close to the Opera House with a nice walk. Nice area, big supermarkets very close. Atmosphere was very relaxed, it's definitely more social hostel, not a party hostel. Prepare yourself for a lot of stairs while exploring Sydney and going back to the hostel. I would recommend it and would stay again.