Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Nice and clean , kitchen a bit small but you can deal with that

Really good atmosphere between the guests and very nice staff (even the cleaning lady!)

Room was very hot, opening the windows and having the fans on didn't help much. Also very loud, both internal noises and external. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is great.

Really Nice stuff

The pregnant woman at the reception totally lacks customer care skills as she was very moody and quite rude while the rest of the staff were very friendly,helpful and polite so that somehow made up for her rudeness

A great location in a quiet area. We enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean but for what we were paying I think the hostel might want to consider an upgrade of the furnishings in the private rooms - particularly the pillows!

Left my phone in the bathroom for literally two minutes before realizing, when I returned, it had been stolen. It's hard to say whether this would've happened in any other hostel, but regardless it ruined my entire time there. It was also very loud, with people partying well into the night. Its a nice location, near the botanical gardens. The A/C in our room was nice as well. The kitchen area is quite small though, and gets crowded easily.

By far the best hostel i have stayed in Australia so far! Most definitely the cleanest and the friendliest :) Lovely room terrace for when you feel like having a lazy day. Great staff who make sure the rules are abided by making for a happy hostel, unlike some experiences i have had else where. If i ever venture back to Sydney, i will be sure to check in!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed my stay at Eva's backpackers! My first ever hostel and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hostel in Sydney. Private three room was a decent size, walls could do with a paint but great for what we needed it for which was just for sleeping. Only thing I would say is that the Kings Cross area is beyond dodgy at night. Avoid going down that street from about 10pm as it is "show girl/strip club central". Overall, good hostel and staff!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Amazing hostel! Everything you could want, and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Very close to a train station or you can walk for 30mins into the city. The skyline view from the roof is to die for. Absolutely would recommend!

a bit hot with no AC in the heatwave but no complaints other than that.

Kitchen was too small. No real common area.

I had a very good time at eva's. Staff is friendly and everybody is very welcoming. Recommended if you want to meet new people while in Sydney.

• 20th Sep 2015

We had a wonderful stay at Eva's Backpackers. Wifi needs to be improved though

Although located near King's Cross, it is very quiet at night and you even could sleep with open windows. Facilities are in mint condition and cleaned daily. Several bathrooms on every floor, each with shower. Very friendly atmosphere. Lots of long termers, almost all of the residents are German. The space for food storage in the Kitchen was insufficient imo. It is not a party hostel.

The girls in my room seemed to be living there. I could barely walk around, there was so much stuff on the floor. Another girl's towels were hanging from my bunk, and she was drying her thongs in the window right next to my bed. Bathroom was just as messy. Fans were nowhere near outlets so you couldn't plug them in. I left the next morning to a different hostel even though I still had to pay for that night. There's also not much common area space either.

Very friendly and cosy. Helpful staff. The next time in sydney we will stay there.

• 13th Aug 2015

a wonderful very friendly hostel in sydney and the hostel-dschungel of this town. the best place of sydney is on the roof of eva`s

• 8th Aug 2015

The common area only contained uncomfortable wooden benches, so sitting here wasn't particularly enjoyable. The fridges were filled were large grocery bags, so it was very hard to find single bottles or jars back after a day or so. On the other hand, the bathrooms were very clean, the beds were good, there was free tea and coffee, and the hostel had a nice rooftop terrace.