Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The staff at Eva's is just awesome. Everyone, from reception to housekeeping, is friendly, open-minded and helpful. We got a lot of tips from them. Everything is clean and tidy. The kitchen is a little small, though. We enjoyed our stay.

I felt the hostel staff in general were unhelpful. Most people who work in hostels are friendly & interested in helping travellers have a good trip but upon arrival i wasn't given a map, wasn't told anything about the area (the sights, transport etc or any of the basic things a newcomer would need to /like to know). Also, free wifi should be available in the entire hostel, not just the kitchen.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Nothing outstanding about this hostel but it was clean, decent atmosphere. Couple of staff weren't as friendly as others I've encountered along the East Coast, and not much lounge/social area although the roof terrace looking over Sydney was nice with BBQs. Bathrooms were nice, always clean as were the rooms. All in all a good stay at Eva's.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Eva's. It's a friendly, homely environment with kind staff and clean facilities. Liz and Rva do a great job running a tight ship here. The refrigerators smell fresh and guests are generally clean in the kitchen. Rooms are a bit claustrophobic but linens are fresh, bathrooms spotless, water hot . Overall I'm happy with this hostel and would return again.

• 29th May 2015

Such a friendly staff and really nice, clean place. Wish I could have stayed longer

• 25th May 2015

I had a great stay at Eva's. Yasmin at the reception was very welcoming and helpful. Location was quite safe when I was there despite being close to Kings Cross, a notoriously dangerous area at night. Would definitely recommend to another traveller!

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

I was in Sydney for a weekend away. The hostel is very close to the train station and is surrounded by shops and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is a little tired on the inside, but clean.

Free tea, coffee, and WiFi in the common area were lovely. It might be odd, but my favorite aspect of this hostel might be the bathrooms. They were sparkling, had great water pressure and heat, and there were plenty for all the people on our floor. Beds were comfy and the kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, etc.

The best part about this hostel is the lovely lady who does all the cleaning. ^_^ It was quiet at night, bathrooms were awesome, kitchen was ok, wifi was slow, staff was friendly and answered emails very fast. Location is great, close to trains and a really good thai-restaurant (Thai-terriffic, the green curry is divine). Would stay again. :)

Very clean and tidy. Lovely to get a fluffy towel! Also really like having oil, Salt and pepper etc in kitchen - makes cooking much easier! Bathroom nice and bed fine. Bunks a bit creaky. Otherwise, all great!

Comfortable, clean, really friendly and helpful staff, very chilled atmosphere. Would recommend

Stay was allright. Good atmosphere, nice dorms and roof terrace. Quite expensive, as everything in sydney. Luggage storage with a code that was shared knowledge for all guests. Staffmember that was around when i got in was rude. Also happened to stay in the same dorm as him; i have not seen him anywhere else than on his bed, not even saying hi when i came in the room!!!

Had a fab time at this hostel, Liz is awesome, very friendly and knowledable. Would not hesitate to recommend or stay here again :-)

Tidy hostel, polite staff, busy at dinner time but rooftop hangout place is great. Rooms and toilets cleaned daily. Really comfortable stay and would visit again if in Sydney.

We had a great stay at Eve's backpackers. The location is excellent, within five minutes from the Botanic Gardens, which you can walk through to get to the Opera House. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. There were also nice little touches like an easter egg hunt on Easter sunday morning and free hot cross buns over the Easter weekend which made us feel more welcome.

Very clean hostel and peaceful atmosphere. Everything is near, Kings Cross station right around the corner. Nothing to complain :)

We only stayed for 2 nights but they were great! Eva's backpackers is in the perfect location, near to the station and a short walk from the town. It was also so easy for us to go in and out of the city and even walked in a few times, which is a pretty 15 minute walk. Staff were awesome and very helpful. Would definitely go back!

• 26th Mar 2015

I had a good stay at Evas for 5 nights in the 4 beds room. They have the best beds I ever slept on in a hostel so far, and the bunkbeds didn´t make any sound when I got in to it, and that´s fantastic! There is free internet that´s working good enough, and a well eqipt kitchen. The roof terrace is the top of the crown, with well working weber grills. It´s also easy to wash your clothes there. The location is okay, and it takes about 5 min walk to the subway that takes you where you want.

Fantastic little hostel which is great value for money. All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly, and the roof terrace had a great view of the city. Location was really convenient.

I had a great stay at Eva's. Exactly what I was looking for and I slept really well and met some friendly people. The rooftop terrace is spectacular with its views of the city! I think it's a real shame that this wasn't the social focus of the hostel.