Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

I was really happy with the first room I was in- a four-bed dorm with a bathroom ensuite. Unfortunately, on the second night I got attacked by some nasty bed bugs. As it turned out, someone had been moved from my room the night before after complaining of bed bugs but they didn't tell any of us or clean the room well enough. When I told the woman at the front desk about my bed bugs, she said "You must be sensitive to bed bugs. I never get bitten," as if to blame me. I was very disappointed.

• 20th Aug 2014

free wifi is the best part of this hostel. Location isn't nice as Kings cross is a nightlife district, there were strangers hanging around which made you feel dangerous. Only few restaurants nearby. I stayed in a 6 female dorm. Toilets are clean, lockers are big. Room is a bit too dark. But next time I still prefer staying in other hostels in the city centre as location isn't convenient at all. It's an average hostel. I dun understand why it got great reviews. Maybe other hostels are even worse.

The location is great, just a few minutes from King's Cross station and the owner is lovely. The place itself is ok... It's got a fantastic rooftop terrace and the kitchen seemed alright, although a bit crammed. The bathrooms look good, but the fact that there are only 3 on the 2nd floor and no separate toilets, make for LONG waiting times. Also, be warned, the level of noise you have to put up with at night if your window faces the street is not for everybody... Bring earplugs!

• 8th Aug 2014

Great hostel, Eva and staff are lovely and met some great people here despite only staying two nights. Favourite hostel in sydney!

Staff were very helpful and nice, good kitchen facilities. Toilets and showers were clean. Perhaps sheets could've been a bit cleaner. Overall great hostel, with a great location. Would recommend it!

Great place. Super clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

Super clean, nice and quiet. Loved the rooftop patio with BBQ, although we didn't have time to make use of it. Only negative is the limited options for common area. Unless you want to pay for internet, the free wifi only reaches the main floor. If you're lucky enough to grab a spot there's a tiny common room with a TV on the main floor that seats about 5, otherwise you can hang out in the busy kitchen. No wifi in your room or on the rooftop--we ended up chilling in our room reading our books.

Great staff! We arrived past check-in times, so they kept our passports until we could pay the following morning. But we needed our passports to go out to the bars at night and the staff really worked with us to make sure we would have a good night. They ended up allowing us to pay then (usually must pay the next morning) and gave us our passports back. So grateful for the understanding and accommodating staff!

Staff are helpfull but not always around. Very many and very clean bathrooms. Kitchen well maintained although they cpuld invest in a few nrw fryingpans. Seen multiple people drop their food on the floor because the handles are loose. Overall very good value for money, would certainly recommend.

• 12th Jul 2014

Nice staff and great facilities and value for money will stay again next visit

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Common area is great. Restrooms are so clean. Staff is kind. But Rooms are overpriced.

I didn't like it. The French guy working at reception was rude and really unfriendly, another guy and the Swedish girl were helpful and nice. The beds were good, but the bathroom wasn't clean and hocks etc. in the room were broken. Apart from the roof terrace there was no common room which made the place quite unsocial and it had weird atmosphere to itself.

Had an awesome time at Eva's! I was definitely spoilt with the free wifi and tea! But the atmosphere is really cool. Carmen the cleaning lady is brilliant. And overall had a really good time here. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Eva is a very good hostel. They have lovely and helpful staff. Please go to the rooftop in the night time. You will be amazed.

Really nice cozy hostel. The place is kept very clean by the nicest housekeeper in the world. Reception guy was great, had to wake him up to let us back into the room in the early AM to look for something and he was very accommodating. Laundry is accessed via beautiful rooftop deck. Five minute walk to train station, tons of restaurants/shops in the immediate area. Wifi is free on main floor. TV room with DVDs available. This was a return visit; we liked it so much that we came back a 2nd time.

Really nice bathrooms (better than in any other hostel we have stayed before) Fantastic view from the rooftop & new furniture

• 14th Jun 2014

I would recommend this hostel to anyone! It is a warm, friendly and comfortable place to stay.

This was the best hostel experience i'v ever had and i'v stayed at quite a few hostels. Such a good atmosphere, very clean, friendly people, and you can really tell the place is run with passion. It has a beautiful roof top garden with fresh herbs you can use, hot showers whenever needed, complimentary tea and milk in the morning- what else can i say! stay here!

• 2nd Jun 2014

location is the best! you dont have to worry about the food and hang out places.

Meet many buddies in this hostel. Great memory.