Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Stay was allright. Good atmosphere, nice dorms and roof terrace. Quite expensive, as everything in sydney. Luggage storage with a code that was shared knowledge for all guests. Staffmember that was around when i got in was rude. Also happened to stay in the same dorm as him; i have not seen him anywhere else than on his bed, not even saying hi when i came in the room!!!

Had a fab time at this hostel, Liz is awesome, very friendly and knowledable. Would not hesitate to recommend or stay here again :-)

Tidy hostel, polite staff, busy at dinner time but rooftop hangout place is great. Rooms and toilets cleaned daily. Really comfortable stay and would visit again if in Sydney.

We had a great stay at Eve's backpackers. The location is excellent, within five minutes from the Botanic Gardens, which you can walk through to get to the Opera House. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. There were also nice little touches like an easter egg hunt on Easter sunday morning and free hot cross buns over the Easter weekend which made us feel more welcome.

Very clean hostel and peaceful atmosphere. Everything is near, Kings Cross station right around the corner. Nothing to complain :)

We only stayed for 2 nights but they were great! Eva's backpackers is in the perfect location, near to the station and a short walk from the town. It was also so easy for us to go in and out of the city and even walked in a few times, which is a pretty 15 minute walk. Staff were awesome and very helpful. Would definitely go back!

• 26th Mar 2015

I had a good stay at Evas for 5 nights in the 4 beds room. They have the best beds I ever slept on in a hostel so far, and the bunkbeds didn´t make any sound when I got in to it, and that´s fantastic! There is free internet that´s working good enough, and a well eqipt kitchen. The roof terrace is the top of the crown, with well working weber grills. It´s also easy to wash your clothes there. The location is okay, and it takes about 5 min walk to the subway that takes you where you want.

Fantastic little hostel which is great value for money. All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly, and the roof terrace had a great view of the city. Location was really convenient.

I had a great stay at Eva's. Exactly what I was looking for and I slept really well and met some friendly people. The rooftop terrace is spectacular with its views of the city! I think it's a real shame that this wasn't the social focus of the hostel.

Really clean and nice. One of the most well maintained hostels I've been to. Liz the manager was really great, the backpacker staff were not so much... A couple of them were helpful but couldn't get so much as a smile from the rest (blonde girl especially icy cold and off putting). Not a party atmosphere, better for couples or quiet groups. Location was good-quiet but close to station and shops/restaurants/bars. Was good for me as I had friends in the city. Best thing was cleanliness.

Really good hostel, great facilitys! I loved the very clean shower and the kitchen supply's were of great quality! The rooftop terrace was really comfortable! The room was not that special, but did it's job!

Good to meet nice people!

• 12th Mar 2015

Nice hostel in a good location. Train station is 3 minutes away and you get in the city in 20-30 minutes by walk. The rooms are clean, but small. In every room are big lockers, so you can store your luggage in. The bathrooms are also good and tiny. And the woman, cleaning the bathrooms, is very friendly. All over I had a good stay in this hostel. But I cannot really say anything about the public rooms or the kitchen.

• 8th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff. Lovely location. Rooms little to Small.

• 5th Mar 2015

Best hostel I have stayed in Australia!

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great value, the staff is friendly. The whole place feels more like a very big house. Freebies once during the week such as pizza or waffles. Also towels included!

We loved Eva's. Great location in Kings Cross. Even though it's the red light district we felt very safe. The hostel was clean and very friendly. We stayed in an all female room and it was perfect. The only thing that I could say would have made it better would have been air conditioning as it did get quite hot at night.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel on the outskirts of King's Cross. Don't let that stop you going. It's safe and a five minute walk to the railway station. Rushcutters Bay Park is 5 mins away too and if you want to walk it, the opera house is 30 mins away. Super clean bathrooms kept clean all day by lovely cleaning staff. Only downer is the rather small kitchen which gets very busy and cramped. Choose the time you eat and it's fine! Our room had aircon. I can imagine it gets warm without it. Staff are helpful too.

Eva's is near Kings Cross, a suburb known as the drugs and red light capital of Australia, so I was really surprised (positively) to find such a calm, warm and cozy environment at the hostel. The bathrooms were very clean, the kitchen was kept neat and tidy by all the guests and the staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed chilling in the amazing rooftop and sharing laughs, stories and thoughts with other travelers. The atmosphere was just unique.... I'll recommend it to anyone!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Had a great time at the hostel, definitely one of the better hostels I've had the pleasure of staying at.

• 4th Feb 2015