Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Very friendly and cosy. Helpful staff. The next time in sydney we will stay there.

• 13th Aug 2015

a wonderful very friendly hostel in sydney and the hostel-dschungel of this town. the best place of sydney is on the roof of eva`s

• 8th Aug 2015

The common area only contained uncomfortable wooden benches, so sitting here wasn't particularly enjoyable. The fridges were filled were large grocery bags, so it was very hard to find single bottles or jars back after a day or so. On the other hand, the bathrooms were very clean, the beds were good, there was free tea and coffee, and the hostel had a nice rooftop terrace.

The hostel is great, in terms of location, staff, facilities.. I like the big kitchen, and the bathrooms are super clean like a hotel. Nice view from room and the rooftop, sweet consideration for travellers, for sure will recommand to friends and stay here again.

Relaxed place with awesome, honest and unbelievably helpful staff. Thanks Liz and Eva.

I was very impressed about the fast and well organised check-in. It isn't a party hostel, what I really appreciate.

Nice hostel in the middle of kings cross. The rooms are okay and the bathrooms are spacious and clean. The kitchen is well equipped. There is only wifi in the kitchen on the ground floor which is oke but the wifi was very bad. Sometimes loading a simple web page wasn't even possible. The staff during the day was very nice but the people who where there at night seemed to ignore us.

• 14th Jul 2015

The above answer to your review says it all.

it was wonderful backpackers. Everything is clean and beautiful. but We feel a little angry because Some people look down on us because we are Asian. And Many People stay in there but kitchen is just one. so very crowded. Except these, everything is fine. thanks

Floors are creaky and wifi can be really really slow.

Really laid back and comfortable place. Eva's made me feel home away from home. Not too far from the train station and also tons of food options too. The rooms were nice as we'll as the bathrooms and shared kitchen/lounge area. Would for sure come back if I was in the Sydney area again. Stoked!

Definitely one of the best place to stay in Sydney. I met a lot of people there. Good place to chill and relax. Not free breakfast all days just one per week but always coffee, chocolate and tea.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The staff at Eva's is just awesome. Everyone, from reception to housekeeping, is friendly, open-minded and helpful. We got a lot of tips from them. Everything is clean and tidy. The kitchen is a little small, though. We enjoyed our stay.

I felt the hostel staff in general were unhelpful. Most people who work in hostels are friendly & interested in helping travellers have a good trip but upon arrival i wasn't given a map, wasn't told anything about the area (the sights, transport etc or any of the basic things a newcomer would need to /like to know). Also, free wifi should be available in the entire hostel, not just the kitchen.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Nothing outstanding about this hostel but it was clean, decent atmosphere. Couple of staff weren't as friendly as others I've encountered along the East Coast, and not much lounge/social area although the roof terrace looking over Sydney was nice with BBQs. Bathrooms were nice, always clean as were the rooms. All in all a good stay at Eva's.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Eva's. It's a friendly, homely environment with kind staff and clean facilities. Liz and Rva do a great job running a tight ship here. The refrigerators smell fresh and guests are generally clean in the kitchen. Rooms are a bit claustrophobic but linens are fresh, bathrooms spotless, water hot . Overall I'm happy with this hostel and would return again.

• 29th May 2015

Such a friendly staff and really nice, clean place. Wish I could have stayed longer

• 25th May 2015

I had a great stay at Eva's. Yasmin at the reception was very welcoming and helpful. Location was quite safe when I was there despite being close to Kings Cross, a notoriously dangerous area at night. Would definitely recommend to another traveller!

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

I was in Sydney for a weekend away. The hostel is very close to the train station and is surrounded by shops and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is a little tired on the inside, but clean.

Free tea, coffee, and WiFi in the common area were lovely. It might be odd, but my favorite aspect of this hostel might be the bathrooms. They were sparkling, had great water pressure and heat, and there were plenty for all the people on our floor. Beds were comfy and the kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, etc.