Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Rooms and stairways could do with painting - they are kept very clean but need updating Bathrooms are probably the cleanest I have seen in a hostel. Wifi could perhaps do with being extended to the whole building Otherwise a very reasonable place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to others.

• 28th Jan 2015

This is a nice hostel although small. The kitchen is the only real communal place to sit. Good location- can walk into the city or take a train/bus. The bathrooms were immaculately clean and the lady who cleans is lovely. Only wish could have come in and cleaned the dorm each day as it was full of guys who were really messy and it did smell :( Would recommend this place though :)

We stayed there our first days of migration to Australia. I believe no elsewhere could have such good impact of first glance of a new living country.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Iran

You always read: It is the cleanest - and you are right: The Eucuadorian Lady, who takes care of the facilities is very caring, friendly and worth the money...:),who nice is that to be called by name in the morning by her, waking up in a foreign country. The rooms are small, no A/C, but the very responsible staff makes you feel very welcomed and secure all the time. Within the epic-center of the backpackers area, but GREAT possibilities from there to the shore to walk, run, bike..GO THERE!

Lovely little backpackers, centrally located to Kings Cross main street and area. Rooms could do with a bit of cosmetic updating but rooms and bathrooms were clean and beds were comfy. Only thing I didn't like was to do with fellow guests who were smoking weed outside the front of the hostel when I returned one night. No fault of the Hostel.

I want to stay again! I recommend it.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Japan

We met three staff members during our stay there. Two were pretty nice but one was incredibly condescending and rude when I inquired about upgrading rooms. Also, our group got bit many times by bed bugs. I'm somewhat surprised that this is an issue in a modern city. Dirtiest hostel I've ever stayed at, and I've been to Brazil, Malaysia, etc. Completely disappointed and never coming back again. First time I did not enjoyed my stay at a hostel.

itching.... there was something in the room what was biting and itching.. besides that they made a mistake in the system so at night people came into our room thinking they booked the room and later on also the manager. it was sorted out but the manager came in with the key instead of waiting that we opened the door. He knew is was occupied. That was not a good service. So I don't recommend the family room on the firts floor. The bathroom was rather clean.

• 26th Nov 2014

The hostel was ok, however the staff was not very friendly in the beginning. We were very tired after our trip and even though we arrived 10 minutes before the reception schedule had finished we were told their shift had ended. Then we had to wait for someone else to help us out and we were really not in the mood for that. Otherwise things were ok, even though I did not feel like the atmosphere was as good as in other hostels I stayed at.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Great place to just get your head down. Ensuite room was pretty clean. Not the most social place but definitely clean and good location.

The rooms are very spacious what is perfect and the staff is very friendly. I stayed there before and after my trip to the Blue Mountains. The location is great. Not too far to bars and pubs and just a 25 min walking distance to the opera house. The kitchen has everything you'll need and the atmosphere is great. Thanks for a nice stay!

Great hostel in a great location. Close to shops, bars, restaurants, the botanical gardens and the main harbour area. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms were a good size and was glad of good A/C. Bathrooms were big and clean. Only downsides were that although there were lockers in the rooms, they were not very secure and no safe in the room for valuables. Also the communal area and kitchen was very small and difficult to cook in if more than 1 person at a time. Would stay again.

everything is good , just too noise in weekend

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Alright hostel in decent location

Cozy hostel in a great location. Wifi wasn't that great, other things to make up for it though. Like free waffle morning :)

1 2 Next » last »