Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Definitely one of the best place to stay in Sydney. I met a lot of people there. Good place to chill and relax. Not free breakfast all days just one per week but always coffee, chocolate and tea.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The staff at Eva's is just awesome. Everyone, from reception to housekeeping, is friendly, open-minded and helpful. We got a lot of tips from them. Everything is clean and tidy. The kitchen is a little small, though. We enjoyed our stay.

I felt the hostel staff in general were unhelpful. Most people who work in hostels are friendly & interested in helping travellers have a good trip but upon arrival i wasn't given a map, wasn't told anything about the area (the sights, transport etc or any of the basic things a newcomer would need to /like to know). Also, free wifi should be available in the entire hostel, not just the kitchen.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Nothing outstanding about this hostel but it was clean, decent atmosphere. Couple of staff weren't as friendly as others I've encountered along the East Coast, and not much lounge/social area although the roof terrace looking over Sydney was nice with BBQs. Bathrooms were nice, always clean as were the rooms. All in all a good stay at Eva's.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Eva's. It's a friendly, homely environment with kind staff and clean facilities. Liz and Rva do a great job running a tight ship here. The refrigerators smell fresh and guests are generally clean in the kitchen. Rooms are a bit claustrophobic but linens are fresh, bathrooms spotless, water hot . Overall I'm happy with this hostel and would return again.

• 29th May 2015