Eva's Backpackers Reviews

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Best hostel I have stayed in Australia!

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great value, the staff is friendly. The whole place feels more like a very big house. Freebies once during the week such as pizza or waffles. Also towels included!

We loved Eva's. Great location in Kings Cross. Even though it's the red light district we felt very safe. The hostel was clean and very friendly. We stayed in an all female room and it was perfect. The only thing that I could say would have made it better would have been air conditioning as it did get quite hot at night.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel on the outskirts of King's Cross. Don't let that stop you going. It's safe and a five minute walk to the railway station. Rushcutters Bay Park is 5 mins away too and if you want to walk it, the opera house is 30 mins away. Super clean bathrooms kept clean all day by lovely cleaning staff. Only downer is the rather small kitchen which gets very busy and cramped. Choose the time you eat and it's fine! Our room had aircon. I can imagine it gets warm without it. Staff are helpful too.

Eva's is near Kings Cross, a suburb known as the drugs and red light capital of Australia, so I was really surprised (positively) to find such a calm, warm and cozy environment at the hostel. The bathrooms were very clean, the kitchen was kept neat and tidy by all the guests and the staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed chilling in the amazing rooftop and sharing laughs, stories and thoughts with other travelers. The atmosphere was just unique.... I'll recommend it to anyone!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Had a great time at the hostel, definitely one of the better hostels I've had the pleasure of staying at.

• 4th Feb 2015

Rooms and stairways could do with painting - they are kept very clean but need updating Bathrooms are probably the cleanest I have seen in a hostel. Wifi could perhaps do with being extended to the whole building Otherwise a very reasonable place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to others.

This is a nice hostel although small. The kitchen is the only real communal place to sit. Good location- can walk into the city or take a train/bus. The bathrooms were immaculately clean and the lady who cleans is lovely. Only wish could have come in and cleaned the dorm each day as it was full of guys who were really messy and it did smell :( Would recommend this place though :)

We stayed there our first days of migration to Australia. I believe no elsewhere could have such good impact of first glance of a new living country.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Iran

You always read: It is the cleanest - and you are right: The Eucuadorian Lady, who takes care of the facilities is very caring, friendly and worth the money...:),who nice is that to be called by name in the morning by her, waking up in a foreign country. The rooms are small, no A/C, but the very responsible staff makes you feel very welcomed and secure all the time. Within the epic-center of the backpackers area, but GREAT possibilities from there to the shore to walk, run, bike..GO THERE!

Lovely little backpackers, centrally located to Kings Cross main street and area. Rooms could do with a bit of cosmetic updating but rooms and bathrooms were clean and beds were comfy. Only thing I didn't like was to do with fellow guests who were smoking weed outside the front of the hostel when I returned one night. No fault of the Hostel.

I want to stay again! I recommend it.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Japan

We met three staff members during our stay there. Two were pretty nice but one was incredibly condescending and rude when I inquired about upgrading rooms. Also, our group got bit many times by bed bugs. I'm somewhat surprised that this is an issue in a modern city. Dirtiest hostel I've ever stayed at, and I've been to Brazil, Malaysia, etc. Completely disappointed and never coming back again. First time I did not enjoyed my stay at a hostel.

1 2 Next » last »