Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

This is my second time back here. Pistol Pete is still running the show the legend!! He's always around to help out the guests and make sure everyone's having a good time. Perfect hostel for the price and has everything you need.

I've stayed in my fair share of hostels, and this one is probably the worst as far as facilities go. The staff are very nice though which did help. The building is very old and the stairs are in desperate need of a vacuum. There is black mold on the sink spouts, along the baseboards, and on the ceilings. There are no outlets near most bunks which is such a pain, and the bunks are very poorly arranged in the room to fit more bunks. I can sleep anywhere, and these beds were difficult to sleep on.

Everton Hostel has a very familiar vibe and you will find welcoming people from all backgrounds. Not as party party as some of the city hostels but the karaoke on Friday nights is always a blast!

• 5th Feb 2016

I actually booked another hostel the same day that I checked into Everton hostel because I was so uncomfortable. Peter is a great guy. He is the only reason I would have stayed but the facilities were what I would call "not up to code". The shower that I used had a broken shower head that was not connected to the wall. The floor right outside the shower was soft indicating mold or water damage. I cut myself on a nail sticking out of the wood flooring and the lockers are non functional.

Such a great hostel with a really fun and welcoming environment. I was only there for one night but I felt like people there were so nice!

• 4th Feb 2016

I been at Everton Hostel a few time in the last few months and i think it,s very good. Is very cheap and the staff is very friendly (the manager, Mr Peter is a very kind gentlemen, and he try his best to let you fell like at your own home) the hostel's staff they do their best to help you. it's clean end i can't do any complain about their job. i think is the best place if you need a clean and economic hostel in liverpool. i'll be happy to return over there in my next journey to Liverpool.

• 1st Feb 2016

It is a standard Hostel, nothing exceptionally good or bad, it is the average hostel that you can imagine. The staff was very helpful and available for explanation, it was also possible to do check out very early in the morning. The only two thing that I have found a little annoying are: - the windows in the room in which I have slept didn't close very well; - the electric socket near the bed didn't work and I could not recharge my phone during the night.

• 30th Jan 2016

It is a really good Hostel, clean, with nice breakfast and great environment. It takes between fifteen to twenty minutes walking to the city centre, but buses passes at it's door and gets you there in less than five minutes. Buses outside the Hostel takes you to Liverpool and Everton Stadium too.

thank the folk at the hostel they was welcoming and help full

The upstairs room was really cold (January) and there was almost no space for luggage. The beds were comfortable but in cramped quarters. Kitchen is decent for cooking and food storage. The main common room is comfy but the overall vibe is a little strange. As a comparison, I stayed in the Hatters closer to the city center and felt much more comfortable there.

Really enjoyed our stay at the Everton Hostel. We were staying overnight here as we came to watch an Everton game. Our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was a very cosy hostel and they made us feel right at home.

The hostel is good but it seems quite inconvenient to travel to the city centre because of its location. The facility quite old and the room is a little bit of dirty. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

A friendly atmosphere straight from the off, this hostel is one of the few where the staff actually interact with the guests, making them feel welcome, which made my stay much better!

• 31st Dec 2015

Really nice place with a very friendly staff, taking care of the guests. Great outside area, must be really enjoyable during the summer. There is a common living room where a lot of people can meet, you never feel alone. There is a diverse free breakfast. WiFi is available in the rooms, the kitchen; the hall and in the common room (basically everywhere where u need it)

• 28th Dec 2015

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our big family atmosphere. The outside area is great in the summer and we have lots of barbecues and a great time is had by all. Peter

It's a good cost-benefit. - WiFi wasn't working in the bedroom and there wasn't any locker available to use. + The staff was helpfull and the breakfast OK (fruits, breads and cereals).

• 27th Dec 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The wifi usually works in the rooms, but we only advertise it in public areas. As for the lockers we are in the process of changing some of the locks and all I can do is apologize for that. Peter

Clean, amazing breakfast, great security, staff were lovely and really helpfull. I loved the hostel! Thanks for everything :)

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our lovely city and everything was to your liking at our Hostel. Thank you for staying with us. Peter.

Good money for the value. Not in city center but close to a bus stop which was good. Great Beatles decoration !!! Nice and friendly staff !! Hostel could be more clean. Enjoyed my stay !!

Hi Rita We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the decoration. Hopefully we will see you again sometime, it was a pleasure having you stay with us. thank you Peter.

A little far from the city centre, but near to a bus stop so it's ok. The bed was very comfortable, and the cleanliness of everything was satisfactory. The kitchen and the breakfast offered were a little messed up, but at least they offer this. The major problem is that the WiFi doesn't work in the bedroom.

Hi Anna Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The kitchen does get messed up sometimes and this is due to other guests not washing their dishes after them, as you know we have notices up asking guests to wash their dishes but unfortunately this does not always happen and the staff try to keep on top of it. As for the wifi we have since up graded it and guests have commented how good the free wifi is compared to other Hostels. Peter.

This is deffo the best place to stay in liverpool. Ideal spot for matches,shopping,stags. Cheap,confortable and clean, The staff are welcoming and very helpful everyone always has a smile. Manager Pete is great ,makes sure the place has a laidback chilled out atmosphere from start to finish. Really great place to stay would recommend it for a fantastic trip to t he liverpool. Keep up the good work guy see u all soon 😘

• 18th Dec 2015

Thanks for your review Karen, good to know you enjoyed your latest stay with us. We must be doing something right if you keep coming back to see us when come back to Liverpool. Peter.

It was OK and the staff were friendly. However, there was a lot of dust everywhere (at the PC area for example) and the kitchen was really a mess, very disgusting!!!! The breakfast was ok, a nice variety of food.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Hi Maria We have had problems cleaning the PC area sometimes because we offer free to use computers they are always in use, so we have now put in a designated time for cleaning that area. As for the kitchen that is down to other guests not cleaning up after themselves, as you know we have notices up asking guests to clean up after themselves and most Hostels have the same problem. Peter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3