Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

2040 Total Reviews

I stayed in the hostel for two nights. In the first one, there was someone sleeping on a couch in our room, and he came back the other night trying to find a bed to sleep in, even if all bed were booked. It was unclear if he was a guest or not. Also, on the second night, there was a leak in the roof of the room. It wet both my things and my bed, making it hard to sleep. As there is no staff during the night, I couldn't complain. Staff just said they would alert the manager.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Really great place to stay, there was a staff member there who was helpful at check in. Room was spacious and comfortable. Great value for money.

a fair bit away from the centre but a good choice and cheap. The hostel is somewhat worn around the edges here and there but has a homey atmosphere. If you look for sth cheap and alright, this is it. I wouldn't mind coming back.

I stayed for a couple of nights on this hostel and found it to be a great. A 10 minute walk down to the city center and it's located in a very quiet residential neighburhood. People working there are very friendly and helpful making your stay as smooth as it can get. Totally recomend people to stay there when visiting liverpool.

Location is not near from city centre but another thing is very good. I like this hostel's mood. In the hall, always play the music, very nice!!

I really enjoyed staying in Everton Hostel,because I met interesting,funny people and everyone was friendly and I feel totally safe and secure and mattresses were very comfy so I could sleep all day long. The location was good as well because it's only 10 min walk to to city centre and the museums and you've got buses next to the hostels and they are running I think every 5 min,bus nr 14,17... I would recommend staying in this place,because it's cheap,safe and you can meet funny people.

Overall good. It would have been good to have someone on the desk, checking that everyone staying was a paying guest of the hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

You get a lot for the money but bring toilet seat as it´s not provided. Toilet paper is also needed in the luggage. Breakfast is included which is fantastic for the price. You´ll get a key for the doorm but the staff leave the door open when they´ve done the cleaning in the doorm so it didn´t feel that secure. It´s seems like no one is in charge of the hostel. Even the poor fish in the aquarium in the kitchen were forgotten.

Atmosphere is really great, Beatles decoration, comfy couches, has a nice vibe. The beds were clean and really comfortable. We enjoyed our room. But the bathroom was horrible. No toilet seat, dirty shower. Nevertheless recommendable. Little out of city centre but only 4pounds by cab. Breakfast was really good.

Not very close to town but the price is worth it and there's lots of transportation around. The taxi is very cheap! I was surprised. The beds are comfy and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 4th Oct 2014

For one night it was ok, but we definitely wouldn't rush to stay there again. The facilities were very basic; the duvets had holes in them, there was no toilet paper in our bathroom (and it was surprisingly difficult to find a staff member to ask for some!) I don't think it reflected the price we paid. Location was fine but it didn't feel like the nicest neighbourhood. Overall, the experience was just pretty average!

Good Choice

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Greece

I had a good experience because the other travelers were fun and quiet at night. A great deal for the price and a good walk to city center.

This is a good value. For its cheap price, this hostel could be much, much worse, but everything was acceptable. Location isn't great, but everything else is serviceable.

This hostel was alright. The room was kept relatively clean. Our toilet seat was broken off and not fixed. I did make a staff member aware but they didn't seem to care. My phone charger was pinched and a staff member was looking into but never got back to me. The kitchen was always a mess which bothered us as we try to cooked most nights. The people who stay here long term make it obvious they aren't into making conversation which is most staying there, bad for atmosphere. A bit of a walk but ok

Friendly staff and warm atmosphere, rooms are what you'd expect from a hostel. Therew a good level of cleanliness throughout the building. Breakfast included is a great plus. Location is just 5 min to the city centre via bus and 15 walking. I do recommend this hostel, extremely good value for money and a welcome and helpful staff.

• 9th Sep 2014

I only stayed one night in the Everton Hostel, but sure did enjoy my stay. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I will happily come back.

Had a great atmosphere, only saw young people. Played good music, had good breakfast and wifi. They even had an xbox 360 downstairs. The staff was very friendly and chatty. They're not in the city center but it's only a 20 minute walk away or a short bus ride. Rooms were good, linen already on the bed, beds and bathroom clean. Would definitely recommend.

The location is the worst. It took an hour to walk from the bus station with backpacks. The atmosphere sucked, not very inviting. The kitchen is gross, had a hard time eating breakfast in it. Overall, I would be fine never going there again. But laundry is cheap!!!

The value for money at Everton hostel was almost unbelievable. It was the cheapest place we have stayed in 2 months of backpacking yet it boasted some of the best facilities and rooms we have seen. We had a huge room to ourselves, with en suite bathroom, which made for a really enjoyable stay. The only issue was it was a little bit out of town but still within walking distance. I would stay again in a heartbeat