Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

Keen pricing, especially given that breakfast was included.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

I didn't really know what to expect for £5/night, but I was pleasantly surprised! It's an easy walk from the city centre (and what a view! go to Everton park) and the hostel has everything you may need, and more. Bathrooms and kitchen were cleaned daily, the dorm was comfortable (I was in the dorm leading to the staff's dorm - barely noticed them!) and the smoking area was great. I will be back!

I like to think of myself as a seasoned hostel-er and I'm generally not fussy, as long as it's clean and I can get my head down. Everton Hostel is by a mile the worst hostel I have ever been to. The bed looked unstable and unclean. The lockers were in the hallway, out of earshot of staff or residents. The baggage room door was lying open the whole time I was there. It is at least a £6 cab ride out of the city and on top of that it is one of the most expensive hostels I have been to. AVOID!!!!!!!

• 18th Jul 2015

The staff seemed inexperienced and quite overwhelmed, but I appreciate they were trying to be nice. The hostel was a bit further than advertised - at least 30 min walk from the city center (and I walk fast). Everything was clean and ok. The only thing that bothered me is that a room for 6 people had only 1 key and the door was locking when leaving. So during the night, someone (me) had to wake up twice and open the door so the others could enter. This could certainly improve.

Hi, The team are travellers and long staying staff who work among hostels around the world. We are a mixed of experienced and learners so we hope you had a simple check-in process and given a map with highlighted places to visit. I personally have walked from Liverpool Lime st station and the national express coach, its 15-20 mins. Room has 1 key due to that day check out and keys taken so we cut more, it happens in a hostel but we will open the door for you. Happy Travels

The location wasn't bad, and the price of every night was excellent! The staff were very nice,

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Costa Rica

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave a honest review, for the budget price we advertise... close to everything but for a backpacker walking is not a problem. Cant please them all they say!! Glad you had a good experience of liverpool and our hostel. Happy Travels.

Nice place and friendly staff.

Hiya Francesco, Thanks for the review, we want all who enjoyed us or not to leave a review so the truth be told; your always welcome to stay and we look forward to hosting you again, let us know so we can apply a discount. Happy Travel Hostel Front Desk

Hello, I let a negative comment, because we couldn't stay at this hostel. Indeed, on friday evening at 10pm, the hostel called me to tell me that there was an issue with our reservation on Hostelworld.com for the saturday night. The hostel didn't propose me any solutions, and they called me only on Friday therefore i booked the beds and received the booking confirmation email on the Tuesday before... Moreover, the hostel told me that you will give me back my account paid. I am waiting for.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hwllo Etenne, We did advise it takes 3-5 business days and you left this review directly after, please take the time to listen, goes a long way so we advised of all the available hostels found on hostelworld but you cant please everyone and people want to air their problem, we understand. We communicated in advance as not stated in your comment and provided alternatives and offered free stay when you next revisiting Liverpool. Please lets us know and we will help where we can. Hostel Team

Although its a bit far from town, but seriously, I'm so happy that I spend the extras transportation. Worth it! Everything is just so nice! I even extended my stay.

Hi YouJing, We really appreciate the review and the honesty, welcome to visit anytime and receive a discount on our £4.50 price, we are a fun homely hostel for backpackers seeking to meet others, play music sing bbq play games or chill n watch a movie... your money will go far with us so tell your friends n welcome back, thanks a bunch. Hostel Front Desk.

Some good things about this place, 6 pounds a night for a mixed dorm is the cheapest accomodation i ve seen in my travels. But you get what you pay for. Sealed windows in one room, a nightmare! with 10 people inside! No fan in the bathroom, no windows, come on, it can't be real. Good wi fi, 3 computers at needs of customers, nice relax area and good kitchen. Nice relax area outside with barbecue and pic nic table. Good for summertime when you can stan outside all day. Noisy and old matres

Hi Mattia, We are a budget hostel as advertised and our website video shows our hostel, glad you enjoyed some and made some connections, if revisiting then we advise posh guests to pay more with Embassie or Hatters Hostel which are more central, we welcome the real backpack travellers who seek to make friends, cook eat party a little and want value for their pound. Our 6 and 8 beds are more close to what you desire, please pay a little more in future than our £4.50 for a 10 bed.

Nice. Clean. Comfortable. Helpful staff. Thank you!

Hi Cecilia, Thanks for the review, we really appreciate it; many don't leave reviews who enjoy us and those that don't like our budget ways, well we know the storey. May we have the pleasure of hosting you again. Thanks for stopping in, really. Hostel Front Desk

a stay always depends on the people you are staying with and I had some good people around but yeah, apart from that, the hostel is rather bad. kinda dirty, not the friendliest staff but still a decent hostel for its price... it kinda sucks that there are so many people living in this hostel who are trying to find a job...

Hi Hauke, Yes we agree, good people in your dorm and good staff make the hostel most memorable, we have cleaned up since your review and agreed with 100%, we have 18 live in staff so we are always on hand and having fun with every guest seeking to party in Liverpool. We don't have locals living in the hostel, no permitted but we understand and hope this did not put you off us. We are a budget hostel and want you the guest to have fun. Happy Travels Hostel Front Desk

I thought this hostel was a pleasant place to stay. I had a 4-person dorm and it was extremely spacious and comfortable. The common room is also nice with the big TV. The staff were average. It was often hard to find someone who worked there if you needed something, and then I felt as though I was bothering them with my question. I prefer somwhere with a more fun and inviting atmosphere. But if you know the city and just want a nice room, go ahead and book here.

Not the best appearance, at glance it looked dodgy. Staff were friendly enough. Bathroom was far from the room and everything was cluttered and disorganized. Reception room was a mess. Only redeeming quality was a good breakfast.

I had a great stay at Everton! After reading reviews, I was a bit reluctant but after staying there I couldn't be happier with the value. Breakfast, great staff who go above and beyond to assure you enjoy your stay and clean! I would stay again!

This hostel is in a fairly crummy location. You have to either walk for 45 minutes or pay for a bus/taxi to get to civilization. There are a ton of staff members that are all very cliquey and don't really acknowledge you except to take your money. Also there are a lot of folks who seem to be staying there long term. The actual facilities were very fine for the price, but with its location and atmosphere, I wouldn't suggest staying for more than 1 night

door was locked when we got there, had to pound on the door/ring the bell for 45 minutes before another guest answered the door (was 6pm check in started at 5pm) the staff looked to be 16 and all of them were foriegn (American, French, Italian) they didn't know Directions to anything. The toilet in the bathroom was leaking, there was no toilet paper, nothing to dry hands on. They told us we had to buy it from the store. They couldn't find any keys for the lockers. There were ants in breakfast.

Was a very pleasant stay for me and my friend, I have booked to stay again in a couple of weeks :)

You get what you expect for the price. Rooms aren't super clean, sheets old, uncomfortable pillow. Also the private bathroom wasn't functioning. Can't complain too much as it was pretty cheap to stay here. The staff were fairly friendly although hard to find at times. Location is okay, about a 20-30 minute walk from the city center.

Great value for money !! Friendly staff !! All mod cons

The hostel is ok. The staff is not so nice and attentions and the place is not so organised. It’s an old building, but it’s clean. It’s relatively near to the city center, you can go walking with no problem. The neighbourhood is good, but at night it’s very desert and a little scary, even though it’s probably a safe street. If you’re looking for a good price hostel, this is the place for you. If you have more money to expend, you should probably look for another place.