Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

Had a great time here with pistol Pete running the show! Friendly staff and easy to meet people here. Great hostel and I would definitely stay here again!

Great place, good fun. Pistol Pete is the king knows how to get the party going! Would come again for sure!

Just want to have a good time. Release all the stress I have in myself. You want get better people that here in Liverpool. Super cool as they are multicultural staff. City peaceful when you come it's perfect weekend. What else you want???? Still on going my day.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Sri Lanka

bathrooms looked like they have just been renovated so very clean and new. rest of the hostel is quite old, so given that it doesnt look very clean, some places werent (under the bed). sheets may need replacing as they do look fairly worn out. located between the city center and anfield and right next to a park with an amazing view of liverpool. they were going to have a karaoke night the day I left so it was a shame I had to miss out on it. Peter was fantastic and always helpful and friendly.

I would've loved to use my own lock for the lockers rather than be forced to buy a key. The Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was fantastic for meeting new people and bonding. Excellent value for price too :D definitely recommend

very nice atmosphere

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

If you don't mind to walk 20 to 30 min to city center or Anfield Stadium, the location is perfect. Nice hostel, I got a problem with the bed, we were allocated in a bed and after other person arrived claiming the bed was his, but the staff was very helpfull and solved the problem right away... he told me that was a change of system and they were having some problems with it. Other then that, the place needs better housekeeping...

Only stayed one night because it was way cheaper than other hostels. It is far from the city centre, but you can walk in 20/30 minutes (pavement of busy road, but it is okay). Neighbourhood is not the best, but I didn't feel really unsafe. Reception was friendly but had no 24 hours service, when my key did not work at midnight I had to ask a random guest. It is good for one night if you want to safe money, but I highly recommend a stay close to the city centre.

Keen pricing, especially given that breakfast was included.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

I didn't really know what to expect for £5/night, but I was pleasantly surprised! It's an easy walk from the city centre (and what a view! go to Everton park) and the hostel has everything you may need, and more. Bathrooms and kitchen were cleaned daily, the dorm was comfortable (I was in the dorm leading to the staff's dorm - barely noticed them!) and the smoking area was great. I will be back!

I had a great night's sleep and a good bit of breakfast before I had to go. I also met some interesting people and made a couple of friends.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Wales

I like to think of myself as a seasoned hostel-er and I'm generally not fussy, as long as it's clean and I can get my head down. Everton Hostel is by a mile the worst hostel I have ever been to. The bed looked unstable and unclean. The lockers were in the hallway, out of earshot of staff or residents. The baggage room door was lying open the whole time I was there. It is at least a £6 cab ride out of the city and on top of that it is one of the most expensive hostels I have been to. AVOID!!!!!!!

• 18th Jul 2015

The staff seemed inexperienced and quite overwhelmed, but I appreciate they were trying to be nice. The hostel was a bit further than advertised - at least 30 min walk from the city center (and I walk fast). Everything was clean and ok. The only thing that bothered me is that a room for 6 people had only 1 key and the door was locking when leaving. So during the night, someone (me) had to wake up twice and open the door so the others could enter. This could certainly improve.

Hi, The team are travellers and long staying staff who work among hostels around the world. We are a mixed of experienced and learners so we hope you had a simple check-in process and given a map with highlighted places to visit. I personally have walked from Liverpool Lime st station and the national express coach, its 15-20 mins. Room has 1 key due to that day check out and keys taken so we cut more, it happens in a hostel but we will open the door for you. Happy Travels

The location wasn't bad, and the price of every night was excellent! The staff were very nice,

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Costa Rica

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave a honest review, for the budget price we advertise... close to everything but for a backpacker walking is not a problem. Cant please them all they say!! Glad you had a good experience of liverpool and our hostel. Happy Travels.

Hostel got the job done, but was not the greatest in terms of getting to know other travelers. Some of the staff went out at night, but not much was organized, which made things difficult considering the mile walk to concert square where all the bars/clubs were. No lockers in the rooms and had to pay for a small one in the halls if desired. You know the location before picking the hostel, taxi was only £6 to get home after a night out and walking there before is not a huge deal.

Nice place and friendly staff.

Hiya Francesco, Thanks for the review, we want all who enjoyed us or not to leave a review so the truth be told; your always welcome to stay and we look forward to hosting you again, let us know so we can apply a discount. Happy Travel Hostel Front Desk

Hello, I let a negative comment, because we couldn't stay at this hostel. Indeed, on friday evening at 10pm, the hostel called me to tell me that there was an issue with our reservation on Hostelworld.com for the saturday night. The hostel didn't propose me any solutions, and they called me only on Friday therefore i booked the beds and received the booking confirmation email on the Tuesday before... Moreover, the hostel told me that you will give me back my account paid. I am waiting for.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hwllo Etenne, We did advise it takes 3-5 business days and you left this review directly after, please take the time to listen, goes a long way so we advised of all the available hostels found on hostelworld but you cant please everyone and people want to air their problem, we understand. We communicated in advance as not stated in your comment and provided alternatives and offered free stay when you next revisiting Liverpool. Please lets us know and we will help where we can. Hostel Team

Although its a bit far from town, but seriously, I'm so happy that I spend the extras transportation. Worth it! Everything is just so nice! I even extended my stay.

Hi YouJing, We really appreciate the review and the honesty, welcome to visit anytime and receive a discount on our £4.50 price, we are a fun homely hostel for backpackers seeking to meet others, play music sing bbq play games or chill n watch a movie... your money will go far with us so tell your friends n welcome back, thanks a bunch. Hostel Front Desk.

Some good things about this place, 6 pounds a night for a mixed dorm is the cheapest accomodation i ve seen in my travels. But you get what you pay for. Sealed windows in one room, a nightmare! with 10 people inside! No fan in the bathroom, no windows, come on, it can't be real. Good wi fi, 3 computers at needs of customers, nice relax area and good kitchen. Nice relax area outside with barbecue and pic nic table. Good for summertime when you can stan outside all day. Noisy and old matres

Hi Mattia, We are a budget hostel as advertised and our website video shows our hostel, glad you enjoyed some and made some connections, if revisiting then we advise posh guests to pay more with Embassie or Hatters Hostel which are more central, we welcome the real backpack travellers who seek to make friends, cook eat party a little and want value for their pound. Our 6 and 8 beds are more close to what you desire, please pay a little more in future than our £4.50 for a 10 bed.

Nice. Clean. Comfortable. Helpful staff. Thank you!

Hi Cecilia, Thanks for the review, we really appreciate it; many don't leave reviews who enjoy us and those that don't like our budget ways, well we know the storey. May we have the pleasure of hosting you again. Thanks for stopping in, really. Hostel Front Desk