Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

1992 Total Reviews

The place is a mess. There are piles of bags with clothes, towels and bed sheets everywhere, it is just unbelievable. The place is quite far, but is cheap, so by location it is OK. This hostel could be great, but it needs better management.

Pretty good for such cheap accomodation. Quite a lot of choice for breakfast, large rooms and bathrooms. Just had a few issues with the key for the door - it didn't always work or took a long time to get in, but for such a cheap place, that's not much to complain about!

This hostel is not based in the centre, but they do have street parking which was good for me. The staff were not always there to get people booked in and there formed a queue of people in the lounge as a result while I was there. The kitchen is ok, toilets are only in the room apart from one next to the kitchen, TV lounge and internet computers are good.

Staff couldn't speak English and wouldn't help with anything.

• 27th Jul 2014

they dont pay me back my depositum

I only stayed here for one night but it had a very homey and accomodating feel to the place. If i come back to Liverpool this will be the first place I will try to book with.

The price was fantastic and the wifi was wonderful.

on a late hot humid evening before 10pm, the check in was smooth but I was allocated a different bed in a cheaper dorm I didn't book or pay for..

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we are very sorry that you was not fully satisfied. First of all you was put into the exact room that you booked for online (6 Bed). And secondly we don't allocate any bed for you before or after you arrive. You pick your own bed when you check-in. Thank you for staying with us, and if you choose to stay with us again we hope you will have a much better time. Everton Hostel Team.

Cheap is not always good, I know. The most poor point is some STAFFS. Especially Italian women. Always chatting noisy till midnight at the garden, Cooking in common kitchen at the same time with customers, without cleaning after she cooked. That's why super mess, dirty and oily kitchen!!!!! Then from early morning they start movie time at the common space with loudly volume. They don't understand which bed are free / who has checked out. Only one or two staffs operate here.

Some of the reviews here are really slamming this place, and while it's not overly nice, and not in a great part of town, it was absolutely fine for a cheap couple night's stay. Its a £3 cab to the city centre, the service was pretty good and the rooms and lockers were secure. I'm a 25 year old guy, and while I'm not overly picky with things like cleanliness and noise, this place was by no means terrible. If you're looking for luxary in the heart of the city, this isn't it. If you're looking for

The Staff at this place were amazing, they made me feel welcomed and very comfortable with my stay. Thank you! It was a little unorganized at times but I find that stuff fun. Abdul is definitely and amazing bloke and very easy to get along with and pedro was mixing the beats and making the nights fun.

• 17th Jul 2014

A pretty unpleasant experience. First, our booking was mixed up..a four bed ensuite became 10 bed..second, the toilet was shabby..lastly, the rm was dirty..

Very happy with the hostel, couldn't really say a bad word about it. We were not expecting five star accommodation and therefore we got what we paid for. Recommend this for groups of lads

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It is enough...already

U will stay in one room with kind of permanent residents... Staff there not earn money, most of them have a right to live there for free when they work in hostel ... As u probably realise ... They r not typical travellers ... Dirty place, dirty residents ... not recommend for backpackers. It's kind of place for people who search a job or av no place to live not for people who travel

It was incredible. All the staff were also staying as guests and were all very kind and helfull. The breakfast was great! It's value for the money.

Took an hour until I could check in. Beds were dirty.

• 21st Jun 2014

You should not stay at this hostel. A group of three of us stayed here and were put in the long term residents room. It was an absolute mess and stunk of body odour. The staff kitchen is attached to this room, so people are coming and going as they please. One of the showers you have to bang on the wall for someone outside to turn it on and off for you. We left this hostel at 6am because one of the long term residents brought a girl (likely a hooker)back and was shagging her on the top bunk

Good location because you have to take a bus from the City Center, but the bus stop is right there, so it's impossible to complain. Nice size, great breakfast, hot shower, comfy bed and fresh sheets... an excellent bargain and very chill atmosphere.

• 19th Jun 2014

Far from city center, although there is a bus stop nearby. It was very poorly maintained--the couches were ripped, there were wires coming out of the wall, the shower was broken. I stayed in a room of 10 people, and had to walk across the common area to get to the shower. attached to our room was, i guess, the staff kitchen and laundry room, so staff were walking in and out whenever they pleased. there was a ton of broken glass in the garden.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4