Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

door was locked when we got there, had to pound on the door/ring the bell for 45 minutes before another guest answered the door (was 6pm check in started at 5pm) the staff looked to be 16 and all of them were foriegn (American, French, Italian) they didn't know Directions to anything. The toilet in the bathroom was leaking, there was no toilet paper, nothing to dry hands on. They told us we had to buy it from the store. They couldn't find any keys for the lockers. There were ants in breakfast.

Was a very pleasant stay for me and my friend, I have booked to stay again in a couple of weeks :)

You get what you expect for the price. Rooms aren't super clean, sheets old, uncomfortable pillow. Also the private bathroom wasn't functioning. Can't complain too much as it was pretty cheap to stay here. The staff were fairly friendly although hard to find at times. Location is okay, about a 20-30 minute walk from the city center.

Great value for money !! Friendly staff !! All mod cons

Nice view on the city! The staff is always there to help and the hostel itself has a really good vibe! Music, pool table, guitars, everything you need for breakfast, little garden, etc.

Half the occupants had loud party until 4 am, VERY loud. Half the lights in rm didnt work, tried to open bedroom door andthere was a kid on a mattress in front if the door so that i couldnt exit.

It is more or less a house.

Good atmos, great courtyard area, when it's sunny. Expensive on the weekends

Is a good place, very funny. Easy to make friends, and with a good kitchen. But beware that city center is 20 min (or more) walking.

Great people

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Good value for money, a bit far away from the city centre ( but that was only bad in the rainy days), nice breakfast, really nice breakfast, nice rooms with good beds. The things I missed : more power plugs for people on the top beds, better showers with more water pressure and a more talkative staff.

This was a very significant trip for me musically and spiritually. Thank you to the staff at the Everton for creating a home away from home and a pleasent enviorment to rest and dwell in after a day out and about. Great value for money considering breakfast is also included, I didn't eat the breakfast as I cannot eat wheat or sugar based cereals but it looked as though most people were enjoying the food.Sound facilites. Nice location with scenic views of the city from Everton Park. All the best

• 29th Mar 2015

very cheap. staff very friendly had a lovely stay.

The stay in this hostel was really great! We met a lot of people from all over the world and shared experiences with them. The staff was very very nice and very friendly and the atmosphere was really amazing. Location of the hostel is also nice especially if you are a football fan cause both stadiums are pretty close. I will definetly came back to this hostel and I can't wait!!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

We booked in here only to find that the 'website' had overbooked and there was no beds available at 9pm. The staff handled this as if it was not their responsibility despite not letting us know prior to our arrival. They were quite unhelpful however I sensed they didn't really know how to handle the situation. Overall our experience was bad but the hostel itself appeared nice enough.

• 20th Feb 2015

Everton Hostel is located in a quiet locale approximately 20-25 mins walk (10 min bus journey 14 or 17 from Queen St bus station) from Lime St rail station. The place has merits and demerits: the merits include excellent free wifi throughout the building, free breakfast, extremely affordable laundry facilities (only £2), SKY TV, pretty back garden and barbecue area; but the primary demerit is that some unusual, dubious folk stay there as well as a few affable "long-termers". But the place is OK!

The staff made this place, good bunch of people

The hostel is very far away from city center, and in the neighborhood there are only abbandoned buildings. The structure is in bad conditions, not only architectural but cleannes. It is really dirty!! the rooms are dirty and cold, the matress are distroyed, and the bed linen looks dirty and really old. Also the staff uses the same room than guests, and they enter the room really late at night doing a lot of noise. The bathrooms are disgusting, just 2 showers for the whole hostel, not recommended

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Nice atmosphere, is not in the center of the city, 10 minutes walk or so, but perfect if you want to go to Anfield or Goodison as my case was

I stayed in the hostel for two nights. In the first one, there was someone sleeping on a couch in our room, and he came back the other night trying to find a bed to sleep in, even if all bed were booked. It was unclear if he was a guest or not. Also, on the second night, there was a leak in the roof of the room. It wet both my things and my bed, making it hard to sleep. As there is no staff during the night, I couldn't complain. Staff just said they would alert the manager.

• 5th Dec 2014