Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

1962 Total Reviews

Arriving in the middle of the night after a delayed flight, it took quite a while till someone let me into the house although I announced my arrival beforehand and I was told there was a 24-hrs reception. Check-in was quite time-consuming as well, however the staff was really helpful and tried treating individual requests, although it was Grand National weekend and the hostel was extremely busy! Breakfast was sufficient since the night owls weren't interested in eating in the morning :)

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Rooms and facilities neat and clean. Cool and helpful staff. Comfortable atmosphere.

• 28th Mar 2014

I went up to watch a football game, and it was about midway between the centre of town and Anfeild, so it suited our needs perfectly.... nice guy working there, had a bit of football banter. Cold dribble of shower

• 26th Mar 2014

The room was very dirty, the bathroom was disgusting.

Really quick, easy walk to the city center (about 15 minutes). The guy (staff) with the mustache was really helpful and friendly. Peanut butter

The murals were fantastic!

Very helpful and fun staff.

We booked a 6 bed dorm as there was 6 of us travelling, when we arrived we were put in a 9 bed dorm and the washer/dryer room was attached to ours so we had people walking through our room all the time. Wasn't very clean and the male manager was very rude and sleazy. Not what we expected, although only £23 each per night in my experience we could have got better quality accommodation for this price. Would not stay again.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I had to cancel my visit to Liverpool so i really didn't stay here, but i add my review to say that the staff were really nice and fast responding my enquiries by e-mail.

Good value for money. Different than other hostels I have stayed so far, more relaxed atmosphere.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Finland

We (8 girls) spent one night here. A staff-room was included into ours (staff was constantly walking through). The bathroom,shared with the staff was a total mess - disgusting, dirty. What happend during the night was beyond creepy: a staffmember walked twice into our room(4&5am), drunk, staring at us. One of us woke up and told him to leave.ABSOLUTLY INADMISSIBLE! We advise alone travelling girls to stay away from this place! Free breakfast was provided at 10 instead of 7am(staff was hungover).

• 15th Mar 2014

We went for breakfast about 9 am but there was nothing left. So I recommend to wake up early :) I stayed over just one night so next day they may have had more food...

When we arrived at the hostel we had a very pleasant staff member help us! He was very nice and friendly and went out of his way to make sure we have everything we needed. However, most of the rest of the staff seemed more interested in partying than actually being around for assistance. The facilities were fairly dirty, I felt like I was staying in a college frat house. And on top of it the hostel was a decent distance away from the city center and I didn't not free safe enough walking.

• 8th Mar 2014

Best Hostel with the best Staff had an awesome time there! And in the Hostelbar was one of the greatest DJ´S! DJ Petro spinnin the turntables, best old school music, cheap beer and great people couldn´t ask for more!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

There was too much noise being made, there was a party in the hostel that night or whatever, we couldn't get to sleep!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I had a great time at the hostel. The staff was amazing, they helped me with everything. The quality of the hostel is ok considering the price. There's a comfortable common area, a kitchen, the breakfast is excellent. The location is not far from the train station, like 20-25 min walking , alternatively you can use the taxi and they are very cheap (2.5-3 pounds). It's a good hostel, you will enjoy it if you stay there ;)

Hostel gave the impression that it was very dirty. Especially the street outside. Immediately outside the Hostel, it is full of rubbish. Arrived earlier than the normal 3pm checkin time to drop off our things however, upon returning to the hostel at night, we were brought to our room to find someone else occupying it. Unsure what happened there but had to wait for that person to leave. Left us a little surprised as they had plenty of time to organise the room for us.

If you are a Woman You might be bettet of booking a Womans dorm/private dorm. We had a Mixed dorm and there were People going in and out all day and night Long , who didn't even sleep there. The bathrooms were really Dirty and there was only one of them witch you could use. ( but Even This One was disgusting - you bettet bring Flip flop) It's a 20 Minutes walk to the city. Breakfast is ok. ( Toast and fruit and cereals)

Really cool hostel, great value for money. Staff (especially the owner) were very friendly and helpful through the whole stay! Had the best breakfast we have ever had and were really accomodating and got it out early for us. They had a billiard table which was sweet too :)

BEST!!