Everton Hostel Reviews

53 Everton Road, Liverpool, Liverpool, England

The chek in was only betwen 10 a.m. and 10 p. m. and if you arrive at other hour the staff is not there and the door is close. Staff wasnt always in reception, the room was dirty and very noisy, and the beds as well too noisy... The location was bad, 25 minutes walking from the cuty center.

Hi Ms V, The website does say reception is 10AM - 10PM, we close the reception outside of this time but you can knock the staff door is its urgent, we are onsite watching tv playing chess with guests so we don't understand why you left this review. Yes the walk is 15 min for most and 25 for others but we are all working backpackers travelling so walking is not a problem I think! Did you enjoy Liverpool, breakfast wifi? May you pass us again and we hope to make it better. EH Team

OK hostel the owner is very nice. outside own,20min walk or 5 mins on bus. bus stop outside hostel to town as well to anfield,get a all day bus pass £3.70. only problem was the water mostly time cold rarely hot,i used shower down stars what i had to hold a button to keep water going and every time put shower gel on had to let go of button so then water stopped! when held button again to make water come out I had to change temp of water as either to hot or to cold

• 4th Dec 2013

Friendly staff, very accommodating for any needs location is not great, not even on street maps, but still walkable

I was out early on Saturday morning and didn't return until late that evening.When i entered my room i found it full of females and my belongings had been removed.One of the women got quite annoyed because i had a key to her room ,but i tried to explain to her that i had slept in their on Friday night.She carried on having a go at me so i left the room.I stayed up all night watching telly until i fell asleep on the couch.I found out later that i should have been told i was being moved.

• 29th Nov 2013

Hello Mr P, you was informed on check-in to drop you key and bangs off with reception so you can check back into another room. You arrived back after 10PM when we close the reception so we could not advise you again until we had seen you. We hope you enjoyed Liverpool and the comforts of the hostel, happy travels. Everton Hostel Team

very good. lovely bathroom for a hostel (sleeping in 6 bed dorm)

Friendly staff, good atmosphere and clean. Would go back

• 21st Nov 2013

Stayed here for three weeks and loved every minute. Friendly staff, really clean and great atmosphere. Hoping to go back very very soon.

• 20th Nov 2013

Everton Hostel it's a great place to stay, good atmosphere, clean, just 15 min walk to city center, or buses passes in front of Hostel

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Thank you to Kyle, Sean, and Rocío for being so welcoming, and for going out of your way to making sure we had the best stay possible! In terms of atmosphere this is a lovely place, it's basically a big converted house, so it feels warm and homely. And in terms of value for money I doubt you can find better in Europe!

Staff were quite unhelpful, there wasn't really anyone around. My room looked like a construction site, like it was halfway through some sort of renovation. The Douvet was lumpy and gross like it was extrememly old and the sheets and covers looked stained and ancient. It was also quite a fair walk from the city centre. I feel like it wasn't worth the moe y I paid.

Stuff in your hostel is the best! They are really helpfull and nice. Hope to have stuff like this everywhere. The guy who was working on 12th of Nov. in the evening was so nice and he help us a lot! thank you man! And atmosphere in the hostel is like student home :)

was cool, the bathroom and the heating dosent work beside that was really cool

Hello, The bathroom in your room is brand new. From the Sink, Toilet and Shower, etc all new. And we have not had problems with it so what problems did you have with the bathroom not working?? Also the room you stayed in has 2 heaters compared to the other rooms that have one. And the heaters are working, If you needed help to turn the heaters on you just needed to ask us and we would of helped you. Thank you for staying with us and we are sorry that you had problems with the room.

Good hostel. 10-15 mins walk to both the Football stadiums as well as Liverpool City Centre.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Singapore

The window at my room was broken, and it's really hard to close, and cannot be closed properly, same thing happened with the bathroom's window. It was annoying because it was cold at that time. The staffs were friendly. The location is not really in the city center, but you can take bus (the bus stop is just across the street), or walk for about 40-45 minutes. Breakfast was nice, and also, the common room was comfortable.

Great! WE really loved it in Everton Hostel. You feel really at home, the atmosphere is absolutely comfortable and cozy. The staff os really helpful. Everything was cleand and nice. And, moreover, you can either go and and sleep in your room or join a nice and funny company with the guitar. So, I guess everyine will find what they want in Everton Hostel. And the price is unbelievably chip! Thank you very much for the good time!

My friends and I loved this place is really friendly and we had a really good time there we will come back

THE STANDARD OF THE CLEANINESS,ESPECIALLY THE BATHROOM WAS DISGUSTING AND ONE PERSON WAS ALLOWED AN OVERNIGHT GUEST- PRETTY SURE THEY DIDN'T PAY AS THEY SHARED THE BED. STAFF FRIENDLY WHICH WAS NICE.

• 26th Oct 2013

I stayed at Everton hostel just for the football on the weekend. Its on the other side of the city centre, in a slightly dodgy side of town. Though if you're there just for the football at Anfield, its the best hostel to stay at as its only a 20 minute walk to the stadium. The beds were comfortable, theres a shower and toilet in the rooms, however there are no lockers which was annoying. There's a kitchen to cook your own food and a cosy little common room with a tv, books and an xbox.

The only thing is the location, which is not right in the city centre, 20 minutes walking from de the hostel. At least there is a bus stop whith several buses going straight to the city centre and the taxi service at night is not too expensive.

The reception service should be improved. Lockers may be available in every room. Kitchen and toilets should be cleaned more often during the day.

• 19th Oct 2013