ExIstanbul House Reviews

Huseyinaga Mahallesi.Atif Yilmaz Caddesi, Kucukbayram Sokak No:8 Beyoglu, Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

A relaxed, friendly, colourful place in a lively neighbourhood (intense nightlife) just off Istiklal Cd. Was perfectly comfortable in the tiny but well-fitted out single room I got (only quibble would be about the state of the bathroom ceiling - a problem with ventilation).

Staff is great we cook all together and had dinner. Location is great for party animals because all the international bars are around less than 5 min. They helped me for my other city visits and suggested really good places, gave nice tips. THe street is a bit loudy but it worth 100%.

• 23rd Jul 2013

I enjoyed my stay there. Only sometimes smell of smoking in the stairs. otherwise the staff were very friendly and clean and safe by all means.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Iran

The prices should be lower for sure, to meet the satisfaction. The overall quality was very low, with its unfriendly staff, late check-ins and unclean rooms

I had a really nice stay in ExIstanbul House . The staff were so helpful . Athmosphere was really good .We had nice talks on the ground floor with some students and had a nice night by walking 1-2 minutes to the nightlife of Istanbul . I will definitely stay in ExIstanbul House again in my next week to Istanbul.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Turkey

The hostel has a nice atmosphere but really the staff is not very professional. There is hardly ever anyone at the front desk, the place is always very dirty, and the rules (for laundry, playing music, using common areas) changes daily. We enjoyed Istanbul but would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

No locks in the lockers. The rooms are not being locked. No bed sheets, no toilet paper, no breakfast. No information about the city (maps etc). Internet sometimes doesn't work. But very cheap and perfect location! :)

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Lithuania

ExIstanbul House is a very friendly place and an excellent way to socialize with local people but also with foreigners! Is located in the heart of the city and has very easy access to almost all transportation, night life, historical center and is only some meters far away from the most central street of Istanbul! Good choice for someone that is asking not only for accommodation but also for a warm atmosphere ! Personally I enjoy a lot my days there! Take care and have fun in your vacations! :)

I stopped at this hostel 2 nights. The hostel is good for it`s price. Loction is perfect.

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Kyrgyzstan

Check- in Time is a bit late, because at first I want to put my luggage there than go to visit nearby place. Then come back to check-in. But finally I checked-in after 1 pm.

• 29th May 2013
  • Taiwan

it's too noisy even till 5-6am. front desk staff does not show up his/her place most of time.

Hostel is centrally located,great for exploring the city,but during night its surrounding becomes party district so there is no sleep at all at hostel during night(parties last till 7/8h in the morning).The host that works in hostel is not at all in hostel,so you should not expect any useful info from him.Rooms are very small,cleaneness is not on high level,but beds are comfortable.Bathroom is ok,but there is no separate place for shower,so water is all round bathroom after taking shower. If loc

Good value for money! It has a central location and it is perfect if you just want it to sleep. I would come back.

It's a nice hostel, in 5 min form Taksim square, in the middle of everything and the people are really warm. I had a good time there.

• 27th Apr 2013

it's a really dirty place! the rooms [dorms] are also too small for the number of people staing in it! you cannot open the window during the night cause the noise of the night club around that place don't permit you to sleep. people who works there is almost never available to ask someting (like toilet paper, for exemple, that were not in the bathroom!).

This place was a dive. I did not appreciate the service-with-a-cigarette. Handy location, but I think people can do much better than this place.

At first I was stunned at the location when I arrived in Taksim Sq. It's a short walk from the bus, the area full of restaurants and clubs. I found Existanbul, the owner/manager was very nice, young, but not in any way professional. The room was gross. I'm sorry to say, I was sort of puzzled at all the positive reviews. I'm pretty sure I was the only one staying there. I could not walk on the carpets they were so filthy and the shower was a showerhead in the corner of the bathroom.

• 19th Feb 2013

The guy never helped us, he was never around. They all smoked inside, in a very confined space. Our ros never got cleaned and neither did the bathrooms.

Really friendly and helpful staff and guests, it's a really nice atmosphere. A bit noisy because it's in a back street off Istiklal but some earplugs fix that.

very good adress in istanbul, everythıng you need you'll get at Exİstanbul House

• 4th Jan 2013