Excel Sense

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Mar 2017
8.0

I stayed here 2 years ago, and just wanted a base to go scuba diving. Perfect if you don't want to be in the thick of it and have some peace to sleep. Staff have always been really friendly, rooms are basic but provide all you need (including hot water). Wifi works well in reception area but not too great in most of the rooms or the rooftop. Next door to laundry / restaurants / Oxxo shop and also has the option to use the sun loungers / pool at a nearby hotel :)

• USA, Female, 25-30
1st Dec 2016
4.0

Poor management and bad customer service. My booking for 6 nights was changed to 2 nights when I arrived. They informed me that they couldn't accommodate me for the rest of the nights. This left me with no accommodation on extremely short notice for the rest of my time in Playa del Carmen, during one of the busiest times of the year in town. Also, my deposit was never honored and I was made to pay the full price. Save yourself the fiasco I experienced and don't stay here.