Excel Sense Reviews

Paseo Xaman HA mza 16 Lt 16 PlayacarFase, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The facilities were excellent - the marble floors and architecture were very impressive. The location was also pleasing...a nice walk to 5th Avenue but in a quiet location. A convenience store and two good restaurants were just around the corner. We had a WC in our six bed dorm but the shower did not work properly (just a dribble really). There is a terrific roof top deck, dining room and lounge. A little more care would have made it even more inviting.

• 9th Jan 2015

The hostel looked really nice and especially in the communal areas it felt more like a hotel. The staff was really nice and trying hard to make you enjoy the stay at the hostel. In our room there was a water damage which freaked us out a lot in the beginning, but the hostel took care of it and did anything they could to feel comfortable in the hostel again.

It was not my type of place to stay. Depedencies were good and clean, apart from the shower, that takes water to everywhere but your body. Worst thing was the location, preety far from the happening places in Playa, like 25mins walking from Van´s point, which is not that easy walkable if you are with backpack. Staff in the morning didn´t make good impression, was distracted and not helpful. What saved was the argentinian staff from the evening, she made me maps and guided me how to get around.

The hotel is located inside a safe area but a bit (but not that much) away from the center if you want to walk. The personal is really nice and really helpful. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The decoration is amazing and the rooftop also. Facilites around (supermarket, restaurant, golf). Thanks a lot

This hostel is way outside the beach area and 5th avenue. But you'll have a great walk from this hostel to there. Or, you can take a free hostel shuttle too. The place is a bit expensive than your average hostels, but very quiet, which is very important for me since I'm a light sleeper. There's also Walmart nearby if you want to do some shopping. My only complaint there was that I couldn't find any microwave in the kitchen upstairs.. Wi-Fi is also not that great either.

Excel sense is a beautiful hostel about a 15 min walk out of the main core but it was exactly what I wanted. The staff was very helpful as far giving me ideas of what to do. Having access to the resort beach and pool as well as complimentary bikes to get in and out of town are also huge pluses. This place is a gem. I recommend it.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Nice place... Too bad the restaurant supposed to provide breakfast wasn't ready on time...

Carlos, the manager of the hostel was nice, us advice and us around in his car .

• 17th Oct 2014

First time staying at a hostel and I would definitely stay here again . The staff was really friendly and helpful. The location is excellent , just off the main strip about a 5 minute cab. or 15 minute walk to the gate's. I shared a room with one person and rarely saw him although he was really nice. They clean up on a daily basis so my bed was made and the bathroom cleaned around 1 pm. every room has their own bathroom which was great.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Great staff and very clean! East Asian decor is also a nice touch. If you're looking for a party hostel however, this isn't it. The location is a bit of a walk or cab ride from downtown Playa and the beach. Playacar is more of a vacation residential place and is off from the Playa madness -- which is not a terrible thing, but if you're hoping to be in the mix of everything, this location is probably not for you. Otherwise, it's a great chill place!

A brilliant hostel but a little more pricey than most. Great that you have use of nearby resort for pool and beach. Staff were superb and really helpful. Had a brilliant stay and extended by two days because of it. Delicious mexican food next door!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels