Excel Sense Reviews

Paseo Xaman HA mza 16 Lt 16 PlayacarFase, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Slow season so the hostel was empty, which was okay by me. Was bummed the bikes were not in working condition. Easy.fix, seems like they just didn't care. Rooms were fine. Decor was awesome. You get what ya pay for. Would recommend for friends and I will be back if im ever in that ara again.

• 18th Apr 2015

tanks for tour comments i hope see you soon excelsesne is your home

A bit out the way and in a bit of a random place in the middle of the resorts, but its only a 15 min walk into town so no problem. I really liked the roof terrace to relax on and that you can get a free pass to one of the resorts to use their facilities.

This is a hotel-turned-hostel. The building used to be very nice, but they are not taking care of it. Soon it will be a mess. The bathroom in the room next door was not working and so everyone (six people) from that room had to walk into ours (another six) every day to go to the toilet and have showers. Again these are regular hotel bathrooms (1 shower 1 toilet per room), which meant that we were often in line to use it. The terrace looks great in pics. It's not that nice and clean anymore.

Definitely the Hostel with the best atmopshere I've ever stayed at, very nicely decorated. I really liked the roof top patio. It is a little ways from the beach and main strip- about 15-20min, but it felt very safe walking in this neighborhood even late at night. A cab would charge you 80-90 pessos. My only complaints: they left my luggage out just sitting in the lobby all day long, even though they have a closet, and constant issues with the Wi-Fi.

Would not recommend. Far from where you want to be, yeah it's cheap but the one woman who I saw working there was unhelpful. She only barely spoke English, which wasn't a big deal since I speak Spanish, and even then she couldn't really help me with any question I asked. Wifi does not work at all, anywhere in the hostel, which is crazy since there are 5 different wifi networks. Only good part was it's in a plaza with a laundromat, internet cafe, and a restaurant

The facilities were excellent - the marble floors and architecture were very impressive. The location was also pleasing...a nice walk to 5th Avenue but in a quiet location. A convenience store and two good restaurants were just around the corner. We had a WC in our six bed dorm but the shower did not work properly (just a dribble really). There is a terrific roof top deck, dining room and lounge. A little more care would have made it even more inviting.

• 9th Jan 2015

The hostel looked really nice and especially in the communal areas it felt more like a hotel. The staff was really nice and trying hard to make you enjoy the stay at the hostel. In our room there was a water damage which freaked us out a lot in the beginning, but the hostel took care of it and did anything they could to feel comfortable in the hostel again.

It was not my type of place to stay. Depedencies were good and clean, apart from the shower, that takes water to everywhere but your body. Worst thing was the location, preety far from the happening places in Playa, like 25mins walking from Van´s point, which is not that easy walkable if you are with backpack. Staff in the morning didn´t make good impression, was distracted and not helpful. What saved was the argentinian staff from the evening, she made me maps and guided me how to get around.

The hotel is located inside a safe area but a bit (but not that much) away from the center if you want to walk. The personal is really nice and really helpful. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The decoration is amazing and the rooftop also. Facilites around (supermarket, restaurant, golf). Thanks a lot

This hostel is way outside the beach area and 5th avenue. But you'll have a great walk from this hostel to there. Or, you can take a free hostel shuttle too. The place is a bit expensive than your average hostels, but very quiet, which is very important for me since I'm a light sleeper. There's also Walmart nearby if you want to do some shopping. My only complaint there was that I couldn't find any microwave in the kitchen upstairs.. Wi-Fi is also not that great either.

Excel sense is a beautiful hostel about a 15 min walk out of the main core but it was exactly what I wanted. The staff was very helpful as far giving me ideas of what to do. Having access to the resort beach and pool as well as complimentary bikes to get in and out of town are also huge pluses. This place is a gem. I recommend it.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Nice place... Too bad the restaurant supposed to provide breakfast wasn't ready on time...

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels