Exford Hotel Reviews

199 Russell Street, Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia

I told them on Friday night in advance that I wanted to leave earlier (Sun morning instead of Mon), but they wouldn't refund the last night. No refund policy when the place is empty means that you're there to steal money out of customers. You're not allowed to bring friends in the rooms. You must ask for permission to the reception and they can easily refuse to let your friends in, even for one hour. Most staff was very unfriendly. Chill out people!

• 17th Jul 2014

My friend and I had booked a double room for the wknd, the room was freezing (around 12 degrees inside) no heating on at all. Very noisy - you heard everything from the street below and we were on the third floor! Plus noise from the bar downstairs (again still heard it clearly through 3 floors!) . Lack of atmosphere, only a cheap place to stay nothing else. Locations great. Not a typical hostel feeling, just a cheap place to crash for the night right in the city!

Drew was the kings cup. Drew needs a raise after being such a lord of the the sexy exy. What a great place to stay. China town rules.

• 5th Jun 2014

Good location - right in the Chinatown. Good breakfast. Rooms ok but messy because of long stayers ;) bit small toilets and showers. Lokers in the room. Pub downstairs with good offers. Friendly staff. I'd definitely come back here.

stayed for 3nights in a double bed room. the room was clean and good. washroom are very small.. free breakfast is good. location is excellent which is in the middle of the china town and the CBD. staffs are friendly. the bad things are- it was super noisy on friday night.. and you have to bring your luggage up the stairs!!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good atmosphere, clean kitchen and toilets. Proper breakfast. No matter if you are there for one day or one month that they are always willing to help you. We were there for only two days, Andrew prepared a map for us with the main attractions, including spanish bars and clubs. We also had stomach ache and as soon as he realized he cutted some slices of fruit for us. If never go back to Melbourne will go there for sure! Lots of thanks!!!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Very good location and clean. We were happy with our stay at The Exford Hotel.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Sheets cleanBathrooms clean. Really nice staff. Nice free breakfast & wifi Good prices. Useful machines to clean your clothes. Not so clean tv room. Perfect location, in the centre. The only thing i didn t like at all, i was in a mixed bedroom there was always couples in my room, didn[t met people there and i was 1 week., so i felt quite umcomfortable because they slep together during the morning. I haven't met nice people at the hostel. Need more activities/ tours foe people who travel alone.

• 17th Mar 2014

Well, my comment is so easy: the same day I arrived to the airport a staff of the hostel phoned me to tell me that i had to change to other hostel because there was an overbooking. The point is that i booked the room 3 weeks in advance. The staff told me:"yes, you are the only one with this problem.....soooo sospicious, i couldn`t believe him. the only pro point were that they looked for my a new hostel (Melbourne International Backpacker- i will comment...) and also they gave me one night free

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Sergio, As soon as the error was realised our staff made attempts to contact you straight away. Due to the Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne accommodation was hard to come by. We have now have procedures in place to make sure this does not happen again. Once again we apologise.

Terrible welcoming by staff at the reception, especially the girl at check in, all staff were not friendly Room was so dirty, tiny tiny toilets Worst hostel I have done in Australia, even if it's cheaper just avoid it

Showers on the the third floor very difficult to use, water pressure very poor if requiring a hot shower.

nothing wrong with this place, but nothing stood out either

Really could do with air conditioning and perhaps larger lockers. Beds were not the best either. That said, price was cheap, location good and if your just visiting, its ok. Showers were impossible to get at a decent temperature too (though I must stress they were at least clean!). Bar downstairs is cool and the staff are nice.