Exford Hotel Reviews

199 Russell Street, Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia

good location, nice reception, place clean.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

First time to Melbourne, great position in heart of china town of the CBD . Easy to get too and from the airport, great value for money and fun bar to have a drinks

• 24th Jul 2015

Good location in the centre and not a bad atmosphere in the bars and lounge/tv room downstairs. Good size kitchen with food lockers and tables where you can sit and eat. Bad things about this hostel are that it's quite an old building, do not stay here during the winter as its freezing! The windows don't close properly and the dorm room is so cold I had to sleep with 2 duvets and lots of layers on. Also you get 500mb of internet and have to pay $5 for each 500mb after which is expensive!

That was a really good stay! The Hostel is perfectly situated near to the China district. The pub link to the hostel is really nice and the staff was helpful! The breakfast was really great ! (we had pancakes !!!!) Thanks a lot! You made this weekend even better than it could have been! If I had the opportunity I would come back !

• 11th Jul 2015

Great staff, value and location

• 17th Jun 2015

It was good. But shower room is little bit uncomfortable. Please put up a shelf in bathroom..i mean shower room. And when you guys cleaning our room, please notice us. Feel surprised..

• 15th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Great location and atmosphere in the middle of Melbourne!

• 12th Jun 2015

Great hostel in the heart of Melbourne

Loved Bobby, she was awesome and helped me with so many things I can't thank her enough! The free breakfast was a huge bonus and having the cool bar downstairs was a cherry on top. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, thanks exford staff!

value for money. showers couldn't stay consistently warm, sudden changes from cold and hot. the long termers in the room, weren't friendly.

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you for a nice stay at Exford Hotel. I stayed over the weekend, so it was noisy because of the bar downstairs, but didn't bother me too much. A depsit for a clean towel suited me perfect so I could enjoy a shower. Included breakfast was nice. I usally ate a little bit at the hostel before enjoying a nicer brunch in Melbourne.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Norway

Decent place in an extremely well located area. Bed was comfy and I slept pretty well. A vast majority of guests are actually long termers (mainly Euros), but that's just normal in Australia. Shower temperature was a bit wild, going from boiling to freezing in seconds but it was ok. Common room is cool but I'm surprised there is a fee to use the WiFi - it's 2015!! People starve for internet!! All around good stay, nice staff and they show sports at the pub.

Overall, very satisfied with the stay. Fantastic location in general and perfect for the places I went to in Melbourne. and was also at an affordable price. Only qualm that my mate's driver's licence had to be held as part of the deposit. It seems a bit odd to hold the most important form of ID for Australians travelling to Melbourne as we don't bring our passports, but otherwise overall a good place to stay.

• 24th Apr 2015

The rooms were filthy, cold, damp and smelt worse than I could ever explain. There was no wifi unless you stayed more than a week. The toilets were filthy and key cards needed to get into bathrooms and THEN into shower or toilet...such a hassle. They asked for an outrageous $50 deposit for a key card. Breakfast would be the only good thing about this place.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Wifi is $10 for 500MB or something ridiculous like that. They say they give you free wifi if you stay a week but it is only the 500. Otherwise all good there although very quiet and rooms small.

Wasn't a bad hostel. No atmosphere but wasn't there to party, just need to a place to crash. Pub downstairs can get pretty loud but personally I wasn't bothered. Location is excellent and facilities are pretty good.

• 16th Apr 2015

Loved it! Would always stay here again... Amazing people, bar downstairs open till 4am and everything you wish for in a hostel. Highly recommended!

There is no lift. It is okay for travellers with backpack but inconvenient for those with luggage bag. Anyway, overall it is a pretty good hotel at a good rate.

Great location in the middle of Chinatown! Great friendly staff. Very good complimentary breakfast with pancakes.

Really basic accommodation, but great location!