Exford Hotel Reviews

199 Russell Street, Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Sheets cleanBathrooms clean. Really nice staff. Nice free breakfast & wifi Good prices. Useful machines to clean your clothes. Not so clean tv room. Perfect location, in the centre. The only thing i didn t like at all, i was in a mixed bedroom there was always couples in my room, didn[t met people there and i was 1 week., so i felt quite umcomfortable because they slep together during the morning. I haven't met nice people at the hostel. Need more activities/ tours foe people who travel alone.

• 17th Mar 2014

Well, my comment is so easy: the same day I arrived to the airport a staff of the hostel phoned me to tell me that i had to change to other hostel because there was an overbooking. The point is that i booked the room 3 weeks in advance. The staff told me:"yes, you are the only one with this problem.....soooo sospicious, i couldn`t believe him. the only pro point were that they looked for my a new hostel (Melbourne International Backpacker- i will comment...) and also they gave me one night free

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Sergio, As soon as the error was realised our staff made attempts to contact you straight away. Due to the Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne accommodation was hard to come by. We have now have procedures in place to make sure this does not happen again. Once again we apologise.

Terrible welcoming by staff at the reception, especially the girl at check in, all staff were not friendly Room was so dirty, tiny tiny toilets Worst hostel I have done in Australia, even if it's cheaper just avoid it

Showers on the the third floor very difficult to use, water pressure very poor if requiring a hot shower.

Really could do with air conditioning and perhaps larger lockers. Beds were not the best either. That said, price was cheap, location good and if your just visiting, its ok. Showers were impossible to get at a decent temperature too (though I must stress they were at least clean!). Bar downstairs is cool and the staff are nice.

The location is great, near the tram station and all main atractions. The only problem is the people at the street screaming and talking loudly during the night. The breakfest was ok for a hostel (toast, cereal, coffee, milk...). It was a very quiet hostel, despite of the bar downstairs. The cleanliness could be a bit better, but it wasnt that bad. I would totally recomend Exford Hotel!

Overbooked - they led us to some different place and no compensation was made for that! Ridiculous.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

When I was there, Melbourne was hit by a heatwave. A fan was provided promptly, although the room remains hot. Guess that's the best they can do. Nice environment and the staff, especially Kenny, and the cleaners, are helpful and friendly. Wifi connection was great.

Great people. easy going, always helpful. Nice breakfast, great location, really good beer. I would recommend it to everybody who likes to see a true life of Melbourne. Believe me, it's easier now to do a backflip cliffhanger. Exford hotel means a positive energy. Tomasz,

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Great staff, great location close to all what you need .... Food, drink, shopping, bar and bottle shop are located at the ground floor. A good place to stay .. Only 5-10 min walk from the fedural square . Enjoy and have fun ..

staff and room great, internet S-L-O-W

Good location, really friendly staff and nice rooms. A bit old but cosy. I would definitifely stay here again :)

Probably the best hostel I stayed in while in Australia. Ample power points in the room, shelves for those on top bunks, plenty of space in the kitchen and. Nice lounge area. Perfect location, very central and everything you need is close by. Only down fall was the noise from the pub sometimes.

Conveniently located in the center. very friendly staff. Noisy but normal being center. room a bit small (I was in a room with 5 beds). Good internet connection. clean enough. place to advise! Check in possible early in the morning, which is nice after a long night!

Staff there is very friendly and helpful, always explaining you how to get somewhere, where to go out, where to buy any stuff. The hotel was small with some bedrooms, so it made it more comfortable and quiet. The kitchen is tiny but nice but you don’t have oven there. The living room area is also tiny, but clean. Breakfast was OK and you don't have elevator, but it only has 3 floors.

One of the cheapest hostel at a very good location (Chinatown). Beds are surprisingly comfortable. Bathrooms are very clean. I wish there's a proper hostel reception so I don't need to talk to the bar staff everytime I need something. Staff are generally nice, with one or two being less friendly. Would be better if they could give drink discount to guests. You do have to pay for Wifi and it's not cheap ($10 for a day) but should be able to get it for free if you stay for about a week.Better chk.

Hi Kevin, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All guests are entitled to a 10% discount on drinks and pizzas in both the main bar and the Wintergarden Room on presentation of their room card. WiFi is free for all weekly stays, otherwise there is a small charge involved for hourly, daily and weekly usage. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in Melbourne

A good location on chinatown. Very good wifi. Nice communal area on bottom floor with kitchen. Friendly staff and a bar. Toilets and shower facilities a little cramped but they work and thats the main thing!

This hostel is perfect ,good staff and réally good atmosphere.

There was a lot of noise outside and with simple windows it was verry hard to sleep. The girl who has made the check in didn't told us that we had possibility to take breakfast and whitch hour it was and the wifi didn't worked.

• 31st Oct 2013

Had a bit of trouble with the keycards - sometimes they would stop working for no reason. We were told not to keep them with our phones, but they weren't anywhere near our phones. The door handle on our room was a bit dodgy - as well as taking multiple scans of the keycard, we had to yank it around to even get it open. Loved the TV room/kitchen, but the fridge was a bit smelly and we didn't find out how to get the free breakfast until our last morning, and we missed it. Otherwise it was great.

• 18th Oct 2013