Explora Hostels Reviews

Calle 12c # 3 -19, Bogota, Colombia

The hostel is in a good location in Bogota and served me well though it lacked much of a social atmosphere and the staff generally seemed like they hated their jobs. When I asked for restaurant recommendations I was simply told "there are 5 down that way" which is not exactly helpful for someone new to the city.

This hostel had the potential to be amazing. The rooms are nice, the location is great, the place is exceptionally clean but the staff were just dire. I have never been to a hostel where the staff were so poor & unwelcoming. The lady that checked us in was unhelpful, rude and miserable.

It is an awesome place one of the ladies working the front desk as mentioned in other comments is not the most pleasant person to talk to. Everyone else is awesome.

The staff was not always the most helpful or the most inviting. They all answered our questions but rarely did they seem like they wanted to be working at the reception. The other issue I had with the hostel were the bathrooms. There was no hot water. At any time of day and the woman's bathrooms had automatic lights that kept turning off while I was in the shower or on the toilet. Not life altering but definitively annoying.

• 7th Jan 2016

Damn fine shower, enjoyed my stay, and will definitely return.

• 1st Jan 2016

Very clean for a hostal! Very nice staff. Cool atmosphere. I loved it!

Good hostel. Excellent location. Staff very good.

Nice place in historic area. Be prepared to pay for towel & breakfast. Very nice area to eat & hang out in the back.

Good location and a clean and friendly hostel. Security could be better on room shutter windows which could easily be pushed open from the outside even when locked from the inside.

Great experience at Explora Hostels!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Not one of the fanciest hostels I have stayed in, as far as neighborhood; narrow one way streets, throughout, an older building, but maybe the friendliest. The staff was great and helpful. It was kid friendly and age friendly. Close to downtown, museums, and of course the Historical District. I recommend.

Really nice hostel! Good (hot) showers, very nice staff, free towels, breakfast for 4000 which includes toast, eggs and fruit. Nice bathrooms.

Nice clean hostel, voor location and def good value for your money compared to various other guest houses in candelaria with privat rooms priced > 3 times as this guesthouse will cost you

Our room was pretty bare but perfectly clean. "Best showers in South America" may be a bit of a stretch; though they did have hot water and were roomy, they were pretty spot-on average. Wifi worked well in our room.

Ok hostel, I stayed in a private room which was nice but a bit cold. One of the girls on reception make you feel like you're bothering her when you ask questions but overall I had an ok stay here

Great hostel! Clean, comfortable beds, close to everything - around the corner from bars and restaurants. Only downside is the lack of atmosphere, not a very social hostel, perfect if staying in a group or if you are looking for time on your own. A cosy place to enjoy cold Bogota. Also very helpful staff. Great stay!

I met lovely people at the hostel. The staff are fantastic. The internet worked well and it was super clean. I was traveling alone so I paid the "I'm traveling alone" tax of getting a double room for one person.

Such a good hostel. Hot showers, clean, comfortable rooms, good, cheap breakfasts, lovely staff, good social areas. Can't fault it. Stayed here twice and ended up staying longer than expected. There is nothing wrong with this hostel.

The hostel is nice and pretty new. The common areas are not so big and it lacks some sofas lr places to sit but its ok!