Explore NY Hotel and Hostel

Very Good 111 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
10th Aug 2017
6.6

Cheapest I could find on short term, still NYC-priced, so you just have to know before going to NYC that you will be spending more than in most other places. Clean though, mattress not good but for 1 night still doable (some other mattresses looked way better). The room itself was however very tiny for four people, also the bed was "Asian-sized", glad to not be so tall myself but still touched the end with my feet. Good bathroom, shower. Reception guy did not give much information, bad english.

• Moldova, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
7.7

Most of all I liked the guys from registration desk, pleasant ppl to speak with!!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2017
6.9

I recommend this location in Flushing NY, Queens. It is a 2min walk to the nearest subway that will take you into Manhattan. I spent my days in Manhatten and come back to Flushing on the subway that runs into the early morning hours. I was looking for a reasonably priced location on my first trip to NYC and wanted to explore all the attractions, it was perfect... using the NY subway is a quintessential NYC experience on its own!

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

Good place

• USA, Female, 31-40
31st Jul 2017
4.6

the staff must take the time to deal with each client individually. Adam did not charge me properly so I had to pay more later. because he dealt with someone's complaint during my check in. not explaining where my room was or how to get there. the space outside the dorms are dirty. the fridge reeks with spoil foods no organization in the fridge everything just stuffed on top of each other it's gross. some of the rooms are supremely hot even with the air conditioner on. poor cheap flat sheets

29th Jul 2017
5.4

The quality of the hostel was average in general. I was given a bed in a room that was very close to the office, so I could hear everything that was happening in the main lobby. Every night there were people talking very loud or music loud enough to disturb my sleep until 2 AM at least. I requested them the person working in the office to lower the volume of his music and he said "ok I just did", but he did not. This was very upsetting.

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
26th Jul 2017

Easy to arrive, in a very interesting area

22nd Jul 2017
4.6

Staff is generally useless with a few people who are bright spots. Constant - *constantly* - messing things up. Room changes, overbooking, inconsistent answers regarding laundry (officially, there is none, I think?). The WiFi is abhorrent. The worst I've ever had while traveling at countless hostels around the world. It's only saving grace is that it's stable, if terrible. Kitchen is a joke. Can't cook squat except in the microwave. No bowls of any kind. Very boring atmosphere but whatever.

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
19th Jul 2017

The hostel facilities are good, even that the rooms are small to host 4 guest. I didnt have any problem there, everything was clean and they clean the room everyday. The front desk staff is awful, they didnt know anything about do his job. I get wake up at 4 am just because some of them did a wrong assigment of another guest in my room, Instead of solving the problem outside, they wake up everybody in the room. I didn't feel wecome for them, never give any information.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2017
8.0

It is a good place if you are looking for a cheap place and is not very interested on going to Manhattan very often, because it is far and the subway is always crowded. But, in general, it is a great place to stay!