Explorers Hostel Reviews

Luigi Cazzavillan Street, Number 21, Bucharest, Romania

I had a room for myself and that was ok. By the way, I paid for it. Helpful staff. After finding my way it was a good place, near a park and not too far from the Gare de Nord, a 20 minutes walk. Easier than all these busses.

Great little hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, air conditioning in room was nice in the boiling heat.

Staff are friendly, helpful and honest! Left my tablet at the hostel and staff emailed me back to say they have kept it safely for me and asked me to collect it. Wifi amazing too!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

Very friendly, helpful and well-informed staff. The location is great, close to some of the most important sights. I had a very pleasant stay and am eager to come again.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • Romania

Great hostel, might be one of the best in Bucharest .

Very friendly and helpful personnel!

• 9th May 2013

nice place and plaisant people. the only bad thing.. it's the worst to the neigbourd everyday to restor his house.. very very bad to relaxe.!! but , your home is nice..and you kitchen nice to cooking by yourself. thank you, see you soon

Thank you for staying at Explorers Hostel and thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the noise that our neighbors made. We were very upset about that too. Fortunately they finished now. :) You can come back.

pretty good hostel about a 10 min walk from town centre and a 20 min walk from train station.

A little confusion with my bookings, and I'm disappointed that there's no free towel (as stated in their website) - but these are really minor points. Enjoyed my stay at this hostel.

Great staff, super clean, comfortable, good location, we felt very safe. You absolutely get value for your money, and the breakfast included is such a nice addition to an already great hostel. Definitely recommending, and would probably come back if we need another stay in Bucharest!

• 19th Apr 2013
  • Romania

The guidance to reach the hostel was not clear. Please, put more details. In my opinion, the hostel should be cleaner.

Thank you for your review. The guidance to reach the hostel are always improved based on guests advices (so please help us improve that, tell us you opinion to make it better). About the cleaning... I don`t know what to say. We clean the bathrooms and the dorm daily. If it was dirty for sure it was because of other guests not cleaning after themselves and we just didn`t got the chance to do it in time for you not to notice that.

Just a pity that my last day, when I asked the owner for an information about how to go womewhere by bus, she told me to look on internet by myself... And the breakfast a little too small too. Otherwise, a nice hostel

Thank you for staying at Explorers Hostel. I never told you to search the internet for your self. I remember we spent quite a time to find a mean of transport to Cernica monastery, but I couldn`t find anything clear. Instead I found you buses to the other place you wanted it to go, Snagov..

Nicely tucked away down a side street and within walking distance to everything. Kitchen was pretty good and bathrooms were amazing .

Guys are great. They take a really good care of the hostel and its people. I would definitely stay again if I visit Bucharest in the future.

I liked its atmosphere, very much. The fact that you have to ring the door bell every time you want to get in is a little unusual.

We stay at explorers in January! Located 15 mn walk from train station and about 15 mn walk from the old town! We had the triple room, room was clean, warm same as the bathroom, had a look at the other room, also look really good. The Romanian girl working there was really helpful, told us where to go in Bucharest but also gave us some tips on other town to visit, train info. Breakfast maybe a bit small but the Hostel is an excellent value for money!!! Highly recommend it! Sophie and Rob

• 23rd Jan 2013

It's such a nice hotel with a very nice staff. I felt so good. The staff help you if you want to visit o eat something. go there and you will no be disappointed

• 2nd Jan 2013

Very nice clean dorm and bathroom. Extremely nice staff, very helpful and kind. Easy to walk to downtown, about 15 mins, and about the same to the train station, but at night it is a bit dodgy to be walking around there, also stray dogs to watch out for. I would stay here again in Bucharest.

We booked a dorm but got a 2 bed (small) room, that was a very nice surprise! :-) Liked the staff! Hostel's got a good location in between the railwaystation & the city centre.

Good clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Location is within walking distance of train station but is still a reasonable distance from old city and entertainment and food. Otherwise couldn't fault. Dorms excellent value for money.