Explorers Hostel Reviews

Luigi Cazzavillan Street, Number 21, Bucharest, Romania

A great hostel in a great central location! Don't let the outside fool you its really nice inside. Very friendly staff with perfect English and the 24/7 reception is great as Bucharest never sleeps! My only complaint would be we were told the bathroom was ensuite but it was actually outside the bedroom in the main reception area. Always felt safe and secure and the noise levels are low - perfect for the lads stag weekend away!

Nice and cozy hostel to relax in. It is in a good area around 10/15 min walk to the old town area and about 10 min walk from the train station. Kitchen is really equipped and i took full advantage :) Friendly staff and the owners are great. The hostel was also very clean. Loved my stay and would definitely go back! :)

it was really a nice place to stay. there were no many people while i stayed there, nevertheless it was good. the staff very friendly !!...

A very comfortable and homey feel. The owner was marvelous, but the real star of the show was the kitchen which was loaded with everything one needs to cook a wonderful meal, and that's precisely what we did. It's clean, it's big, and it's welcoming. Nothing at all to complain about. Would definitely go back again.

Really good hostel located in very nice area of Bucharest. Great atmosphere, helpful staff!

Very good hostel. Staff is so nice and help me a lot.

Not situated in the nicest of areas. Staff were at times rude and there was no real atmosphere. The kitchen was dirty and the air con quite noisy. Other than that alright for a place to rest your head.

We are situated in one of the historical areas of Bucharest and in the center of this big city . I am sorry that you find the kitchen dirty, but at times some other guests do not clean after them when cooking and it is difficult for us to keep an eye on every body 24hours. We are cleaning all the hostel daily. About the staff from what I remember one of us was an old friend of the friend you were travelling with, I am sorry if any comment felt as being rude to you.

Great stay at Explorers Hostel-it was within easy walking distance of many main attractions and the staff were really helpful in giving us advice on where to go. Bucharest is a fantastic city and the hostel was perfect for exploring!

Really cheap, superfriendly staff, charming building. Absolutely recommend it!

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

That hostel is very great! It is spacious, clean and well located in the city.Employees are helpfull and it is a really good place to meet a lot of people. It is one of the best I had in my Europe tour. Everyone should defenetely visit Bucharest and enjoy Explorer hostel!

• 30th Jun 2013

I had a room for myself and that was ok. By the way, I paid for it. Helpful staff. After finding my way it was a good place, near a park and not too far from the Gare de Nord, a 20 minutes walk. Easier than all these busses.

Great little hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, air conditioning in room was nice in the boiling heat.

Staff are friendly, helpful and honest! Left my tablet at the hostel and staff emailed me back to say they have kept it safely for me and asked me to collect it. Wifi amazing too!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

Very friendly, helpful and well-informed staff. The location is great, close to some of the most important sights. I had a very pleasant stay and am eager to come again.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • Romania

Great hostel, might be one of the best in Bucharest .

Very friendly and helpful personnel!

• 9th May 2013

nice place and plaisant people. the only bad thing.. it's the worst to the neigbourd everyday to restor his house.. very very bad to relaxe.!! but , your home is nice..and you kitchen nice to cooking by yourself. thank you, see you soon

Thank you for staying at Explorers Hostel and thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the noise that our neighbors made. We were very upset about that too. Fortunately they finished now. :) You can come back.

pretty good hostel about a 10 min walk from town centre and a 20 min walk from train station.

A little confusion with my bookings, and I'm disappointed that there's no free towel (as stated in their website) - but these are really minor points. Enjoyed my stay at this hostel.

Great staff, super clean, comfortable, good location, we felt very safe. You absolutely get value for your money, and the breakfast included is such a nice addition to an already great hostel. Definitely recommending, and would probably come back if we need another stay in Bucharest!

• 19th Apr 2013