Ezstay Taipei 2 @ Nanyang Reviews

4F., No.15-6, Nanyang Street, Zhongzheng District, Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is hard to find and smells strongly of cigarettes. There is no staff at the hostel, but instead staff works at ezstasy 1, about a 5 minute walk from this hostel. That being said staff is still hard to find at EZstay 1 as well. After emailing the owner about my time of arrival, 8pm, I had to wait for an hour for staff to arrive. No one answered at the provided number at the front desk. I had to search the internet for a working number. No apology was offered.

location good. Wifi good. A place for you to stay in one day or a couple of days. An obvious problem found is the shower...frustrated all the time...fluctuate all the time!

Hostel was really difficult to find. Not to mention the fact that the staff could speak very little English and not much Mandarin (they are Japanese). This resulted in a lot of miscommunication, and as a result, I had to pay extra. They also did not have maps in English or Chinese (only Japanese), which was not very helpful. Not to mention that there was no reception where I stayed. Facilities were decent, with free use of washing machine, washing powder, and even a massage chair.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Singapore

Firstly the location of this hostel is not good. Adding to that, the bathroom is very very small n is not in very good shape. The toilet n bathrooms are very old and we didn't feel like using it. A temporary bath tub is placed in bathroom which just a man made hole at the bottom for water. Coming to the person in charge, he has to look after two places which are like 500m apart. Hence be prepared to search for him if he is not in hostel, we wasted our valuable 1hr to locate him n get the room

日本人开的,一进门就先跟我们抱怨之前有个中国人怎么怎么不好,这样的日本人素质就很差了

The hostel location was very convenient and the staff person was very kind and helpful. I also LOVED the setup of the dorm room, with privacy curtains around each bed and a small light in each sleeping area. There was also good AC in the room, all of which contributed to one of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hostel. The only shortcoming was the shower, which fluctuated wildly between boiling hot and ice cold without warning. If the water temp were fixed it'd be the perfect hostel.

Since I was to arrive very late at night, they moved my booking to Ezystay Main Station. This branch is fine location-wise, but the rooms do not have individual lockers. The WiFi is only available in some of the rooms in the Ezystay Main Station branch. The common area is very small.

Staff is nice. The hostel is clean. We need to check in at Ezstay Taipei Main Station and the staff lead us to Ezstay Nanyang Hostel.