F&F Hostel Reviews

Stop 6 Playa Brava, Carlos Vaz Ferreira St between, Punta del Este, Uruguay

I liked everything. The only thing that I recommend is to offer breakfast and in the private room to put a towel for the shower.

Close to busterminal. It was difficult to figure out who was working there and when they where at work. Very young staff but they knew a lot about the town. There are no Security in the hostel other than a small locker outside where you can put the most needed values away.

Lovely little hostel. Really funky layout. Friendly staff, awesome kitchen and pretty good location. Dunno what all the negativity is about on here, I had the best nights sleep in ages and didn't queue for the bathroom once :)

We really enjoyed our stay there. The place was really relaxing and calm. With a short walk you could reach the beach or the city. It definitely is one of the better hostels we stayed in. I can not understand the negative reviews at all... We had a great time.

Really good hostel, with an amazing atmosphere. Definately would recommend it!

Booked to stay for 1 night but ended up extending that to 4, loved the place. Out of season so very chilled but a great social atmosphere in the hostel. The staff are absolutely awesome ... Nacho running the bar makes a badman cubalibre, Remo was a really lovely dude and looked after my friend when she broke her foot, total star! Cass is such a lovely chilled person, always down for a chat and a laugh, and Julia who made my time in punta truly unforgettable, she's the coolest! Thank you guys :)

You get what you pay for!! It was near the beach and it was a fun, relaxing place to stay. The bathrooms and kitchen aren't very clean but it's fine. We were there at the end of high season so it was great but I can imagine in high season it'd be a madhouse!

Not the best place for a quiet beach weekend, but definitely the best place to party, meet people, and stay in a really cool place. Interesting building, beautiful garden in front, cool porch/pool/bar in the back. It was also really tidy - the lady who came to clean did a great job. Great staff too! Totally recommend this place if you don't mind the noise - excellent music playing pretty much all day and night. Thanks for a great stay!

Julia at the front desk is such a lovely person through and through!

• 13th Feb 2015

Julia at the front desk was a dream. She was SO sweet and helped us to plan our trip in Punta Del Este, complete with horseback riding and bike rentals.

• 13th Feb 2015

The worst place i have ever stayed. No respect to the guests. This is not a hostel.its a night club with rooms around it. Full of drunk people screaming all day and night. Not possible to get a minimum at least rest. Only 3 bathrooms.No breakfast served. Anyone from outside could get in the hostel. In my room other guests were getting in even 3 in the morning. Nice comon area though. I wouldnt stay there even for free.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Everything was great!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

this is one of the most amzing finds in southamerica , it dosent even feel like a hostel it feels like home ,which is a perfect escape from the regular basic ,impersonal and draining everyday hostel that you have to put up with during your backpacking. if you want a place to relax, eat well and charge your enegry levels back up ,this is the place to do it. Kahuin lodge food for the soul!

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Russia

Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best hostel i have stayed in throughout South America, i stayed twice in one trip its that good!! Friendly staff!

• 4th Jan 2015

Few bathrooms w/ long lines to take a shower. They didnt gave us the room we booked (private room w/ 4 beds) instead they gave us 4 bed in a 8 male/female shared room. When we complained they werent friendly at all and didnt wanted to pay the money difference back.

• 28th Dec 2014

The rooms smelled musty and if you're allergic don't go. The mattress was very thin and seemed to be the same one since ages ago, so uncomfortable. The worst part is that there was only three bath rooms and toilets for the whole hostel (more than 50 people), besides having to wait for a long time to use, they weren't very clean and there wasn't toilet paper, when we asked at the reception for it, we were informed toilet paper was over.

This hostel was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I have been traveling around South America for 6 months now and have never met such kind staff and have never stayed in such nice facilities. Awesome rooms, clean and comfortable, super chill bartender Nacho who makes amazing drinks, and really really friendly front desk- the redhead Cass, Julia and Remo made me feel super welcome and accepted. Also really good prices for Punta. Definitely recommend staying here! You'll never forget it!

• 12th Dec 2014

cool hostel with the pool and bar. downside was it was a fair trek into town and the beds were a bit packed like sardines and pretty uncomfortable. however you get what you pay for so its cheap and a nice atmosphere

Our worst stay during our trip. Nice place, but not clean. The staff was not kind at all, we reached and he didn't give us any info at all, just left. The next day we aksed if we could stay 1 hour more in the room, he said they had to clean the room. But we returned after 6-7 hours and the room was in the same condition we left it in the morning, so he also lied instead of just telling that he wanted us to leave. Of course, we would never stay there again. I am sorry...

The staff were largely unhelpful and apathetic, and seemed unwilling to answer queries or help out. The bikes we borrowed were in poor condition, and the tire of one burst 10km away. They refused to come pick us up or offer assistance or advice. On the morning of my checking out, when I had to catch a bus, no one was around, and ultimately the janitor took my payment, on the phone with one of the workers; the price,interestingly enough, had increased significantly from what it was advertised as

View all Punta del Este Hostels