F&F Hostel Reviews

Stop 6 Playa Brava, Carlos Vaz Ferreira St between, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Our worst stay during our trip. Nice place, but not clean. The staff was not kind at all, we reached and he didn't give us any info at all, just left. The next day we aksed if we could stay 1 hour more in the room, he said they had to clean the room. But we returned after 6-7 hours and the room was in the same condition we left it in the morning, so he also lied instead of just telling that he wanted us to leave. Of course, we would never stay there again. I am sorry...

The staff were largely unhelpful and apathetic, and seemed unwilling to answer queries or help out. The bikes we borrowed were in poor condition, and the tire of one burst 10km away. They refused to come pick us up or offer assistance or advice. On the morning of my checking out, when I had to catch a bus, no one was around, and ultimately the janitor took my payment, on the phone with one of the workers; the price,interestingly enough, had increased significantly from what it was advertised as

The room for two in the adjacent building was literally a closet, except the upper part of the wall was open and connected to the other rooms (no privacy). Plus, with the door shut, you can litterally walk around it to get in the room (no security), theres an opening of giant shelves...what is that even? The kitchen lacked the most basic utensils, a spatula and the faucet was a joke and was essentially a whole in the sink (broken). The main building was very pleasant! Everything works there!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Good hostel, but kids are not allowed, this should be written on terms

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Chile

For 7 Us $ a night you probably can't expect more. Bathrooms and bed rooms need a very good scrub. They store stuff in the dorm room (like umbrella) Kitchen is ok So is wifi Staff friendly Location is a bit out of centre but close to beach Very loud on Saturday (bar is in the middle of the rooms, so is pool table and everything. Music wasoud at least till 2 am (then I fell asleep) Value you get for money: acceptable

This is by far the coolest hostel we've stayed in during our travels of South America thus far! Very unique and colorful house with guest cabanas and a swimming pool, pool table, bar with delicious food by Nacho, and it's close to a beach with surf! Great value for the money and an awesome staff!

Probably the most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. It's a large house with a pool and a nice common area. The room we got was a bit tiny, but not so bad. The staff was great and I would definitely recommend it.

The hostel is super cute, but: first, they should offer breakfast, second, change the mattress because is horrible, super thin that I could feel the woods of the bed. I think if they do it this hostel would be great! The staff was nice, a little bit shy he could talk more with the guests.

We arrived during low season and there was no one else at the hostel but Ithere was a lovely outdoor decking area with hammocks and a dubious looking pool which I can imagine gets really busy in high season. There were no locks on any of the room doors but the reception was always manned. We stayed in the double room and the ceiling leaked when it rained and there was no light in the bathroom, definitely not worth the $300 they charge in high season for the room.

The complaints was not talk durying the stay, and the ceiling was not leaking, I don't know why they speak that way. The stay was always and we were very helpful

View all Punta del Este Hostels