FIAP Jean Monnet Reviews

30 Rue Cabanis, Paris, France

I'm a 64 year old woman, and I LOVE staying at FIAP. I've stayed there twice now, and I recommend it to friends who want to visit Paris on a budget. The atmosphere is wonderful; cleanliness superb. I've not found one thing to criticize.

I thought it was odd that there was no soap in the bathroom. Also the time of breakfast ended really early. They were accommodating at some points but other times I felt that the staff was slightly rude/unhelpful.

clean. nice staff. good breakfast. will choose next time and recommend.

Above average

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Kenya

I really liked my time at the hostel. The only problem was when, at the last day, I was at the caffee place and I saw a rat. Other than that, I really liked the hostel. I would recommend to check it.

• 16th Feb 2014

For a buisness trip, getting the invoice done was a pain in the ass since the computer program is not very flexible. Splitting invoices, e.g. to allow an upgrade for a visiting partner during the stay, should be possible by default. Some of the staff was not very helpful in getting things organized (I would rather say unfriendly). Furtunately, I had enough time to find the shifts with very nice and helpful guys that compensated for that.

• 24th Jan 2014

This hostel was my first stop on my trip and I was extremely disappointed. The only people staying here were people going to French school in the basement of the hostel. The room was fine but there was little to no atmosphere and everyone seemed to have their own friends. The breakfast was less than impressive and one day they ran out of milk for the cereal. It was expensive compared to other hostels I have stayed in and not extremely close to anything.

Great hostel, nice location and facilities. Staff are very helpful.

Bar was only open for 1-2hours a day, seems more like hotel, that wasnt what i was looking for.

Everything was good. Only the staff at the reception: they should speak english too, not only french

Nice hostel with good breakfast.

Best hostel I've ever been! 100% recommended! :D Next time I'll go to Paris I'll know where to stay again ;)

We aren't allowed to bring food into the hostel. I find that ridiculous. I always have some dry foods in my bag pack with me while I am travelling because I have gastric problems and hey, you never know if you are not able to find food in the next couple hours.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Clean room. Big bathing area.

Clean and safe, but it is quite far away from metro. The food is not really good.

The breakfast was a bit stressfull,and ended to early in my opinion(8.45).A healtier breakfast could have been nice,but liked that I could choose between so many different drinks.Also a big thanks to the cleaning woman who let me use both beds to sleep in when after I experienced that the first one was positioned next to a window which let sunrays through the blending curtain in the morning.Staff was nice.This place was more like a hotel than a hostel.Very clean and safe.

Everything was good, I really liked the staff speaking my language: italian, they were very kind. In my opinion breakfast should be a little more, one piece of bread was not enought for me.

• 6th Dec 2013

FIAP has perfect accomadations and staff : new rooms for one, two or four are very clean with individual shower and toilets. Restaurant, bar and Lounge are very friendly and staff are very helpful. One additional service would be great : free internet access in the bedrooms. Currently this is only provided in the bar and the lounge.

Overall my stay here was fine but I wont be staying here again. The things I didn't like was that it doesn't have much of an atmosphere (if at all) for backpackers, the Internet was free (only from the lobby) but was incredibly frastrating as you would frequently be kicked off and have trouble accessing it again. Convenetly though there was other wifi available that was accible anywhere and anytime but you had to pay for this. It was 5min walk from Glaicere train station but not best area.

I really appreciate FIAP Jean Monnet. It's very well located (easy acces). It has an elevator which makes things easier if you have bags. It's very clean and exactly what you need if you're staying a few days.