FIAP Jean Monnet Reviews

30 Rue Cabanis, Paris, France

The construction going on made my post-arrival nap impossible. I guess these things are necessary from time to time, but it was very annoying for me. Other than that, the hostel was good and the staff were very helpful.

• 21st Jul 2015

This was the worst place I have ever stayed during my journey. There are no lockers even if they say they have. No curtain or door for showers. Location is not so bad. There were a lot of middle schoolers so there was a really too much noise, it was like a summer camp. The only good thing is staff, they are really helpful. Don't stay at this place if you have no any other choices.

Very clean and modern. Staff was helpful and kind.

I stayed here for 3 days, its located a little bit far from main area of paris. Metro connected with eiffel tower directly! Im satisfied most of things, kindness of reception staff, and breakfast .. I usually finished my journey around midnight, When I walked along the street from metro station to FIAP, I felt dangerous and scary because of the black guys on the street... I know there are a lot of Black in Paris,.. but for me (as a girl) I would recommend coming back to hostel before midnight..

Loads of young kids at this hostel the last 5 days! It'd be nice if children had to have an adult in their room with them, rather than on completely separate floors, to prevent screaming, running up & down the hallway and slamming of doors at all hours. No doors on the showers. I was in an all girl room, so I got over it, but definitely a strange thing to be lacking? great water pressure! Rooms on the top floors of the building are 5x nicer than the rest. No option to lock your cabinet.

i loat my ring in the bath room and the hotel told me that they would check on it and reply to me tomrrow morning .however i looked for several staffs help and nobody could give me a clear answer. the housing cleaning person was off the workvby the time. the cleaning person went somewhere else and could reach her by the moment. bababa.hotel promised me to contact me for further information and i didnt hear from them since then. worse experience ever. the room had ants issue as well.

• China

It was a wonderful place to stay, very easy and inexpensive. Its a good place to make friends becuase there are many young people around. The only problem was it seemed to have many rules but they were all justifyable. Also, its a bit of a walk to the subway and to any city life. If you stay here during the summer, the air conditioning isnt the best and if there are a lot of people the wifi is really bad.

Best hostel I ever stayed in! The beds are comfortable and the staff was friendly! Definitely would recommend!

• 4th Jul 2015

Not a party hostel, but it's clean and its a fair price.

• Mexico

This is an excellent hostel if you're looking for somewhere that is perfect in everyway but isn't a party hostel. I keep coming back and I'll be back again for sure. Great value and even breakfast!

My room said it was 6 female bed but when I arrived it was 7, not a big problem but still, wrong description. The baths have two showers but the showers have no door so you have to close all the bathroom if you want more privacy. Aside of that a pretty good hostel and very convenient location.

Two issues troubled me: 1. In the heat of this summer and the lack of air conditioning, sleeping was difficult. The windows barely opened due to child-proof tactics which made no sense in a dorm room with adults. We were being forced to suffer. Also, the mattresses had some layering that made them hot as well. I did not sleep well at all. 2. The free breakfast was cheap - for a child, fine. For an adult it was cheap carbohydrates and for one who doesn't eat gluten, my choice was juice.

My keycard had to be reactivated each night which was a bit inconvenient.

• 25th Jun 2015

wifi is bad

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Jordan

By far the worst atmosphere Ive ever been a part of. The security guard was weird, the staff was sarcastic, and the amount of middle schoolers staying there on some class trip was ridiculous. Actually felt the need to finally right a review. If your a normal person who travels Europe for a good time, DONT STAY HERE

• 21st Jun 2015

1. Public area should not be permitted, specially canteen : if limited area, you should mentioned on your detail. 2. WIFI never been worked. 3. Good that reservation can use English well, but please have some English speaker for other department, eg. Canteen staff. 4. Check out time is poor, too ealry when compare to Check in Time.

Ohhhh what an awful experience!! Hostel I hugeeee and has absolutely no sense of community. There was an entire school field trip staying there along with some huge business meeting. Breakfast is wayyy to early at 6:45-8:45, and checkout is 9:30. It is also impossible to sleep past 8:00 because every door that gets opened or closed sounds like a blast going off. The staff at the front were alright but the hostel has such a bad atmosphere... Definitely do NOT recommend this place!!

More of a hotel, just because f the size and organization. There were lots of groups of school children, which is not what I was going for... Breakfast was okay. Pretty quiet at night. Not the best place to meet anyone unless you just spend all your time in the common area

This hostel felt almost like a hotel. The lobby was huge and nicely furnished. The outside had tables chairs and a huge chess board that you could play. My room was clean and the bed was soft. There were no lockers in my room however and I had to use the ones downstairs.

Far from attractions, breakfast was very mediocre. There are various school groups of young children every night. If you enjoy the sound of slamming doors and screaming children every morning, then this is the place for you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3