FIAP Jean Monnet Reviews

30 Rue Cabanis, Paris, France

This place has absolutely no fans. I have just visited during the weekend of the Paris terror attacks and the receptionist Raj, would not let us bring outside food or drink into the building despite Paris being effectively on lockdown by the police. So we had to eat outside sitting on a bollard. THIS WAS SHAMEFUL AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYS HERE

I really liked this hostel. I felt safe and secure, despite no way to lock the lockers in the room. Yet the lockers and the rooms are huge. It stayed quiet, which was nice. No internet in the rooms which was a bit of a pain, but everything is clean, the showers and bathroom were great, and overall I had a lovely stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and I appreciate everyone's ability to speak English--I wish I could speak French well enough to thank them for everything!

Best place to stay.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Very convenient location, although not in downtown. Very clean, nice, full of life.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

My stay was perfect but a receptionist (Florent) damaged it. That happened when i had to extend my stay for one nite, there were no available beds in the same room where i stay so he suggested to move me to an other and i accepted. nxtday i went to change my room BUT they told me that i have to wait 5 hours in the lobby! coz check out is at 9:30 am and check-in to the new room will be at 2:30 pm! that was ridiculous !!! He should toll me before and i decide to accept or change the hostel !!!!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Egypt

This hostel is like hotel, I wanna stay there again

Really nice facility, more like economy hotel than hostel! Highly recommend!

Great small, economy hotel room. Loved the features of bedlights, USB ports, and desks for each person. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the included breakfast was great. Only thing I would change would be having breakfast available past 9AM!

The only regret I have is that I felt you need to ask for only single thing: than the staff would be great, helpful, etc. maybe a single sheet with basic info about the general rules, facilities etc would help. Except from that a great stay, would certainly be back there

Ive stayed in 4beds female dorm even though i had booked 6 dorm. All beds are seperated enough, and the room is pretty huge! There is garden in front of the room, so having good time with calm and peaceful atmosphere :)

No kitchen and you can't bring in any outside food or alcohol, so it definitely lowers the value for money. Staff isn't very friendly. Need to take 25 minute metro to get into city. This is a hotel, not a hostel. I don't understand why this is listed on Hostelworld. The breakfast is very small. Just bread and cereal. I would not recommend.

Very clean and modern hostel. If you're looking for just a cheap place to stay for a night it's fine. If you're a backpacker looking to be social look somewhere else.

Best lockers I've ever had in a hostel. Close to the metro. Breakfast included is always a nice touch. Very clean. Basically like very simple hotel, but at a dorm rate!

This hostel is so nice and it's like hotel, stuff are so nice when I asked about Paris they always helped me, I want to stay there again

Great hostel! Beds were good, clean shower. Perfect. I was only disappointed by the breakfast. I missed some simple oat porridge. Maybe with eventually raisins. Cheap and healthy, I would be really happy with it.

Travelling with a mate I met in Amsterdam, stopping in for three nights. At first it seemed nice, but there was mostly families staying and conferences in the main area during the day. They stuffed my room, and the night shift didn't communicate to the morning staff and they wanted us both to check out at 9am and then wanted to split us up even tho we booked together and were confirmed for three nights. The bathrooms had no locks and you can see through the side of the bathroom doors. No thanks

Nice hostel; everything was clean and the staff very friendly; spacious rooms with privacy; unfortunately a little bit far from the centre - metro is needed

Great hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The metro is a few minutes walk from the hostel and a few metro stops away from Paris-Montparnasse train station. The rooms were very clean. There were also USB plug-ins for charging phones on each bed which was great to have! It was a great place to spend the night before taking the TGV from Montparnasse

Know what this place is before you book it. There were about 500 high schoolers staying here which made it kind of weird as a solo male traveler in my mid 20s. Also my room did not have a locker that could lock. I asked the front desk and they directed me to where I had to pay to lock my valuables. I would not stay here again simply for the atmosphere, but if in a group it's fine.

good service, staff helpful, breakfast fine