FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach Reviews

100/20-21 Kata Road, Karon Sub-District, Phuket, Thailand

Hard to get to from boat pier. Kata beach is a smelly 5 minute walk away. Great common space - with the largest movie collection at a hostel. Enjoyed spending time in the hostel with other travellers more than seeing Phuket.

Really great hostel! rooms were clean, good sized lockers, small pool on the roof, seconds away from the beach and the TV room has a huge projection screen 👌

• 20th Feb 2015

It's a really nice place to stay, you can be social if you want to or you can just so your own thing. The staff didn't always help you in the best way. To examples we asked if there was any cheaper way to get to the airport than the 900 baht taxi you could book through the hostel, the said no. The day my friend needed to book that taxi we were told that we could book a transfer for 250 baht with one of the tourist informations. But mostly they were good.

It's a lovely place :) we took the superior twin room and it was really spacious and neat. Walking distance to both the beach was a plus of the location and they also offered scooter rental which was great considering the growing scams around.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • India

Comfy large beds with lights and charging points. Basic kitchen and small communal area. 5 min walk to the beach. Make sure you get deposit back for towel and keys the night before you depart if it's before 8am. We asked twice and were told someone would be around before 8am but in the morning no one was available. Maybe a misunderstanding. Luckily I was able to return a few days later to return items and get my money without any problem. Great movie screen and lots of DVDs. I would stay again.

Very easy to meet people in the nice common room, about 1/3 people there were sociable. We would watch movies in the common room and then head out as a group Kata is more chilled then patong, which is what I was after.

Great! Awesome location next to bars/clubs but not loud or noisy. Rooftop pool is small but perfect for having a beer and chilling. Hangout area is nice with lots of comfy cushions and a large selection of movies to watch if you get home late and just want to chill for a bit. Lockers in each dorm give you peace of mind. Cleaned daily. Highly Recommend!

Great hostel. Almost perfect! However lacks a bit of interaction between costumer and staff. But still, such a great hostel

The location is good, literally just 5 mins' walk away from Kata Beach. The coffee club is just downstairs. I feel safe walking back to the hostel late at night because there are bars just below the hostel though the music can be quite loud when you are trying to sleep at night. Impressed with the cleanliness of the shared toilet, and i loved the rainforest shower on the second floor like what the guests complimented on in other reviews.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

It's a nice hostel with really comfy beds. I just stayed there for one night as I needed to catch my plane.

Really happy with my stay here. Great common room, rooms and shower clean and locker and plug sockets by the bed. In a good location, close to beach and markets/bars but not as wild as Patong!

Use showers in the 2nd floor because showers in 3rd floor got only cold water! It's close to the beach and you can meet a lot of nice people . Also nice thing to have a roof-top pool.

Hostel is clean, facilities are great, including the kitchen and it even has a pool!! The beds in the dorms are great too. The location is great for the beach and I didn't have problems with noise... Although I did bring ear plugs! The atmosphere is the hostel is a little unsocial to what I have been used too. There is a big TV room and people seem to just sit in silence and watch films. Not really what I came to Thailand for. Staff are pleasant but not overly helpful.

FIN is in a great location and the vibe/look of the hostel is super cool and relaxed. Staff isn't that friendly and welcoming though considering the atmosphere they want to convey to their guests. Beds are comfortable and showers are great.

The place is very near the beach, but also near all the noisy bars. If you sleep light, remember to bring some ear plugs. The staff are ok, not very thusiastic, but fine. Overall, it's worth the money compare to other hotels around.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • China

Staff not very helpful...but the facilities are amazing, with a great common area, very good showers, nice rooms!

Amazing place, Clean and warm. Perfect to chill out and meet people while feeling like home.

• 18th Jan 2015

The man at reception during the day was incredibly rude. When I was checking in after a long journey, he stayed on facebook without acknowledging my presence for ages and when he finally did allow me to check in, he was unpleasant and unhelpful. Aside from him causing me and others many troubles, the dorms are clean, the communal areas were nice and it's great that there is a pool - though it is more of a bathtub tbh. People not as friendly as other hostels but overall, i recommend.

Nice hostel for stay, I like the decoration and the way they arrange the hostel. Surrounded by nice club and restaurant and near by Kata Beach. Nice!!!

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The beds are comfortable - the facilities are clean. The showers on the second floor are the ones to go to (rainfall shower heads). The common area is a good place to meet people and mingle. I ended up booking 1 night and staying for 8 nights - it was a trend among other mates I met there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3