FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach Reviews

100/20-21 Kata Road, Karon Sub-District, Phuket, Thailand

Great place! I stayed here one week before as well and came back to FIN without a second thought. Really relaxed and easy to meet other guests. Its close to the small market and the beaches. Good restaurants around there as well. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I will surely stay here again when I visit Kata beach again!

One of the best hostels i've stayed in in south east asia! Loved it.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Really clean and quiet (surprisingly, since it's right in the middle of the Kata Night Market). The location outta only a few minutes walk from the beach and also manu restaurants and other markets. The staff were always kind and helpful. There's a great commons room to just chill with other guests. I'll be staying there again next week

Best hostel in thailand! Made my trip so much better. If staying in kata beach this is the place to be.

this is a lovely place to stay, clean and close to the beach. the shower and kitchen facilities are very good and you can watch movies in the common room. the pool was a bit slimy :-/ but overall I 100% recommend this place!

My girlfriends and I loved Fin Hostel. It was nicer and cleaner than the hotels we stayed in previously. The hostel was really clean and had a great lauded back atmosphere.

• 17th Apr 2015

Fun, comfortable hostel with a very friendly atmosphere.

• 11th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Decor was very stylish, great facilities, amazing entertainment system, great location by bars and restaurants (10-15 minute tuk tuk to Bangla Rd for 400 baht), and the atmosphere was the best of any hostel I've stayed at. I met a lot of great people from around the world. If you're planning to stay in Phuket do yourself a favor and stay at Fin Hostel.

Great hostel right next to the beach and restaurants. The desk closes at night, so if you leave early morning, like most, then you need to get your key deposit back the night before or you're out 200 THB. There's a small pool on the roof that's cool, but be careful: they put lots of chemicals in the pool and it bleached my swim suit. The air-con is nice, but they don't have it on in the TV/hang out room. There's a big kitchen too, if you wanna cook.

Really nice bath rooms, the air con was brill! Pool is tiny! Short walk to the beach but not that much going on in kata nightlife wise. Dorms are very small but beds are comfy and quite big! Has a kitchen which was very useful and lots of choice of DVDs. Wifi can be a bit dodge!

Really adorable dorm rooms And bunk . Nice to see shampoo and shower gel. Cool common room.

• 11th Mar 2015

I've been traveling for a while and haven't been to any hostel as well organised as this. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the common room is awesome. One of the group members said this was her favorite hostel ever, because it's so modern and has facilities to cater for everyone. There's also a huge movie collection so you can watch nearly anything good out there. If you're staying in Kata, stay at Fin hostel and you'll have a great time.

Fin is a super cute and trendy hostel. I think it's a little pricey, given they don't offer free breakfast, coffee, or tea for what you pay. However, there are restaurants everywhere around you including The Coffee Club. I had to go next door for laundry service as well. It's really close to the nasty smelly entrance (5 minute walkway) to Kata Beach. Hated that pathway so much that we walked an extra 10 minutes down for the nice entrance. Didn't mind the extra steps. Rooftop pool is fun!

This place was so amazing ..love love loved everyone was amazing ..so helpful. .friendly meet so many awesome people great location I couldnt fault it I will definitely be going back there

• 1st Mar 2015

Hard to get to from boat pier. Kata beach is a smelly 5 minute walk away. Great common space - with the largest movie collection at a hostel. Enjoyed spending time in the hostel with other travellers more than seeing Phuket.

Really great hostel! rooms were clean, good sized lockers, small pool on the roof, seconds away from the beach and the TV room has a huge projection screen 👌

It's a really nice place to stay, you can be social if you want to or you can just so your own thing. The staff didn't always help you in the best way. To examples we asked if there was any cheaper way to get to the airport than the 900 baht taxi you could book through the hostel, the said no. The day my friend needed to book that taxi we were told that we could book a transfer for 250 baht with one of the tourist informations. But mostly they were good.

It's a lovely place :) we took the superior twin room and it was really spacious and neat. Walking distance to both the beach was a plus of the location and they also offered scooter rental which was great considering the growing scams around.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • India

Comfy large beds with lights and charging points. Basic kitchen and small communal area. 5 min walk to the beach. Make sure you get deposit back for towel and keys the night before you depart if it's before 8am. We asked twice and were told someone would be around before 8am but in the morning no one was available. Maybe a misunderstanding. Luckily I was able to return a few days later to return items and get my money without any problem. Great movie screen and lots of DVDs. I would stay again.

Very easy to meet people in the nice common room, about 1/3 people there were sociable. We would watch movies in the common room and then head out as a group Kata is more chilled then patong, which is what I was after.

« first « Prev 1 2 3