FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach Reviews

100/20-21 Kata Road, Karon Sub-District, Phuket, Thailand

Prior to arriving at the Fin Hostel, we had done extensive research on Phuket/Kata beach lodging and came across the Fin Hostel. It's pictures and description were somewhat deceiving as it is described as a surf hostel and it isn't. more importantly, the description listed wifi in all rooms which was not translated during our stay. We were told first it was the weather then someone would come tomorrow which of course didnt happen.

• 17th May 2015

I had a very nice stay here. The staff was friendly and helful. It's walking distance to everything you need. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Great place to stay, my friend and I really enjoyed it. Close to the beach and the facilities (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) Are clean and nice to use.

Amazing hostel, probably the best Ive been to so far

• 16th May 2015

Rooms were lovely!! Really clean, comfortable and well equipped! Bathrooms werent the best though, felt quite dirty, the shower screens were broken and showers were quie mouldy!

The hostal is really good, clean and makes you feel you are in a hotel The staff hardly speaks english, this has to improve The bad stuff is if you want to know all the island need a bike or motorbike. You have to take with you driver license If you dpont have one, you can go in a cheap way to Patong!

Everyone was super friendly and it was really clean.

Very nice hostel to stay in,in terms of the room,location,main lounge area with access to 100++ DVDs and widescreen pull down cinema tv!excellant for those days when you want to chill out and relax!The two girls at front desk very very helpful in organising trips and taxis etc and tried their best to accommodate you!The guy who works at desk at nighttime is another story, I have not met anyone who is more disinterested in helping you out!only time he was nice was when his boss was present!

Good hostel, lovely staff, I felt like my house

• 1st May 2015

I thought it would be close to the beach but it was a bit of a walk to the closest beach (Kata). There's a shortcut (not that short) but you would have to walk by a very dirty and polluted drain (could be a river but gosh I couldn't tell tbh) the dorms are really clean though so are the bathrooms. Common area is nice with selection of DVDs and books on the shelf. We wanted to rent their bicycles to go to the beach but one of them had a flat tire (they only have 3 bikes). Not a bad stay though

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Great place! I stayed here one week before as well and came back to FIN without a second thought. Really relaxed and easy to meet other guests. Its close to the small market and the beaches. Good restaurants around there as well. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I will surely stay here again when I visit Kata beach again!

One of the best hostels i've stayed in in south east asia! Loved it.

Amazing hostel. Really clean and quiet (surprisingly, since it's right in the middle of the Kata Night Market). The location outta only a few minutes walk from the beach and also manu restaurants and other markets. The staff were always kind and helpful. There's a great commons room to just chill with other guests. I'll be staying there again next week

Best hostel in thailand! Made my trip so much better. If staying in kata beach this is the place to be.

this is a lovely place to stay, clean and close to the beach. the shower and kitchen facilities are very good and you can watch movies in the common room. the pool was a bit slimy :-/ but overall I 100% recommend this place!

My girlfriends and I loved Fin Hostel. It was nicer and cleaner than the hotels we stayed in previously. The hostel was really clean and had a great lauded back atmosphere.

• 17th Apr 2015

Fun, comfortable hostel with a very friendly atmosphere.

• 11th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Decor was very stylish, great facilities, amazing entertainment system, great location by bars and restaurants (10-15 minute tuk tuk to Bangla Rd for 400 baht), and the atmosphere was the best of any hostel I've stayed at. I met a lot of great people from around the world. If you're planning to stay in Phuket do yourself a favor and stay at Fin Hostel.

Great hostel right next to the beach and restaurants. The desk closes at night, so if you leave early morning, like most, then you need to get your key deposit back the night before or you're out 200 THB. There's a small pool on the roof that's cool, but be careful: they put lots of chemicals in the pool and it bleached my swim suit. The air-con is nice, but they don't have it on in the TV/hang out room. There's a big kitchen too, if you wanna cook.

Really nice bath rooms, the air con was brill! Pool is tiny! Short walk to the beach but not that much going on in kata nightlife wise. Dorms are very small but beds are comfy and quite big! Has a kitchen which was very useful and lots of choice of DVDs. Wifi can be a bit dodge!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4