FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach Reviews

100/20-21 Kata Road, Karon Sub-District, Phuket, Thailand

I stayed for 2 nights in a private room which was very nice and then 1 night in a dorm. The hostel overall was quite nice and it was a really chilled vibe which is what I was after. I found the staff to be a bit too chilled and it seemed to take ages for them to check in/out anybody which caused lines etc. The biggest disappointment was the water which switched off completely every afternoon/evening I was there... The beach is close to kata beach which is really great and has food options near.

The hostel is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is located a 3 minute walk to Kata beach and 10 minutes to surrounding beaches which are the best on Phuket. The facilities are nice and there is a pool on the roof which is good if you don't want to get sandy. The common room is also a great place to meet people.

Nice place, the living room, the tv and all the movies were the best thing on this earth. It was exactly what we needed for finishing our backpacking trip in Thailand. The receptionists were not very talkative , that was the only weird part.

Kind staffs, help us a lot on our plan and the transportation. 5 mins walk to Kara beach which is quite convenience to usus although we have gone there once.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

A bit tricky to find, but was very happy to see the room once there. Satellite TV and good air conditioning and a fridge. Plenty of room on the bathroom for 2 people. Well equipped shared kitchen and an extensive dvd movie collection. A good social atmosphere in the common areas.

Great hostel. The private rooms are very clean and spacious!

• 4th Jul 2015

Wonderful stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

The hostel was really great. Was in a ten bed dorm but rooms were massive. And we actually felt like we was in a hotel! Staff really nice to and good showers. Very well set out with safe deposit next to your bed and easy to use and lamp and plugs. Would recommend to anyone to stay here if you want to escape the hectic life of patong.

was ok, the location is extremely overpriced and far from the pub area... there is no clear communication between the workers here... I asked for the price of a taxi from the hostel to the airport and I got 3 different prices from 3 different workers, and at the end the real price was very different (real price: 200 bhat and they told me 300, 500 and 1000)... So wtf

Great place not really for partying but great to chat to people and get around.

This hostel was good. I had a private room which was very roomy and clean. Not a "party" hostel but the common area is nice for meeting people.... even though this room has a funny smell to it. The hostel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach which is great! On a completely unrelated note, I met 3 Irish people (2 dudes and 1 chick) here on 16/6/2015 that were so much fun. Sad I wasn't able to get your info. Hope you see this and reach out! Would make visiting Dublin a whole lot more fun. :)

This hostel had everything I wanted. Comfy bed, fluffy pillow, hot shower, great atmosphere. It is super close to the beach and the staff were super friendly, helpful and could speak English great! Every bed has a power point to charge your stuff and there is a safety box to put your valuables in. What more could you want?

I think it would be very important to offer lockers where guests could leave their backpacks if they wanted. Although I didn't have any bad experience you never know if the people sleeping in your room like to mess with other people's things. As for everything else, it was a very good experience. Congratulations.

This hostel is like a hotel. It has a kitchen area (big refrigerator). It has a nice common area with tons of DVDs. It has a very small rooftop pool. It is a 5 minute walk to Kata Beach. It's a 500 baht tuk-tuk drive to Patong (we split the 500 baht ride between 5 people). The hostel is clean and well kept-up. There aren't a lot of bars near by, but it was still a great party at the hostel and at the bar near Kata beach.

You guys really need to not be so stingy about the air con and where and what time of day it's on, but other than great hostel.

Fin hostel was the highlight of my time in Thailand. The atmosphere is out of this world- so many good vibes and good tunes in the common area, and everyone at the hostel was easy to get along with. The facilities are some of the best I've seen, with clean bathrooms and plenty of space for all the travelers staying in this massive hostel. The rooftop pool is amazing, even better because everyone partied up there. Definitely a great hostel for making great memories. Stay here!!!

This hostel is great for the common room area alone. You meet a lot of different people and I love that we can do movie nights on the projection screen. The staff wasn't as friendly as I expected. They did t seem to want to help us out and would come in and change the air con and turn off and on lights when we were in the room. They don't offer coffee or tea or toast. The beds were fine. I loved how I was in walking distance of my favorite Kata Beach. Stay for the atmosphere.

The place itself is really nice, very clean, the location isn't ideal but you can still walk up to the beach. The personnel was good, except for when they book my ferry trip and told me three time to be ready to go at 10am, only to wake me up at 8am, telling me they made a mistake, and that the car was waiting for me to leave immediately.

Amazing hostel! Best location and the rooms are fantastic. Great value for money and the pool is a nice bonus!

Prior to arriving at the Fin Hostel, we had done extensive research on Phuket/Kata beach lodging and came across the Fin Hostel. It's pictures and description were somewhat deceiving as it is described as a surf hostel and it isn't. more importantly, the description listed wifi in all rooms which was not translated during our stay. We were told first it was the weather then someone would come tomorrow which of course didnt happen.

• 17th May 2015