FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Very nice hostel, definitely will be back.

Even though it was a little off the center, there were a lot of ways to go to where you want to go in London (it has the most amazing public transportation). So it wasn't a big problem. The problem was the bed (the worst I've ever slept in, I could feel all the springs, it hurted sometimes), the staff (when I asked about the sights I wanted to see in London, or when I asked for recommendations, they didn't know anything... It seemed that they didn't even live there), and a few other things...

It would be perfect with a kitchen! cool hostel, 2nd time I stay in this one! cheers!

Staffs were really nice and facilities were great. Rooms were kept clean every morning so very clean. One drawback was rooms were not spacious. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay at this accommodation. =) Overall, this hostel was nice.

Great hostel if you want a quiet night. Decent value, free breakfast and Wi-Fi. The bathrooms and dorms were kept very clean. There weren't too many sockets in the room, but that wasn't usually an issue. The hostel is out of the way of any major tube station, but the city was only about 20 mins away by bus.

Great staff, clean facilities! Thank you.

We made the mistake of walking from Big Ben to this hostel which took a VERY long time since its 3.4 miles away but we were amazed when we got there at the security and overall atmosphere of the place. the next day we topped up an oyster card and then just took buses to and from the hostel. It was very clean for a hostel and I felt comfortable there throughout my whole stay. I would definitely use it again. (great for the price as well) (FREE BREAKFAST!)

• 31st Jan 2014

The staff was nice. The reception is in the pub and i really like it.

Every staff is very kind except a female staff working at the front desk. I thought she only picked on me, talking with unfriendly attitude, until other hostel friends told me they feel the same way about her.

It was about an hour's walk to any attraction, but it was nice to be able to wander down to the supermarket and pick up some cheap food.

PERFECT FOR THE PRICE. Extremely friendly and clean, good bathrooms and showers. It's a fair distance from the city centre, but close to Clapham Junction station. The 12-bed rooms are not huge for the number of people, but sufficient. Definitely leave the window open, with that many people in a room all night it will start to smell a bit too human. Springing for a room with less people may be a good idea. Book early for weekends especially, because it will fill up. No kitchen facilities.

In my opinion it's an average hostel and I believe there are many other better hostels with similar price. Maybe it would fit mostly for the ones who are looking for a quite place.

Wasn't too close to clap ham junction station but ok and staff were great. Good choice of breakfast cereal and toast. You have to book online!

I stayed two nights in a girls dorm. The room was nice and not too crowded. Due to the location of the hostel, I finally got to know the huge Westfield shopping mall at Sheperd´s Bush, were shopping is much more convenient as on the crowded Oxford street :) I would definitely recommend the hostel. The only annoying thing was that breakfast is only served until 9am and the old men at the bar..

Very good

The Crown is in a great, safe location only fifteen minutes away from the nearest tube station, and I am very glad I chose to stay there! Everything was very clean, the bathrooms were great(with hot water!), and the breakfasts that the hostel offer every morning certainly help a traveller on a budget. All in all, I absolutely loved the experience and would be sure to go back again!

• 19th Dec 2013

Very clean and safe. Only problem I found was no kitchen. But o can't complain when paying that price.

Thank you for asking about my stay. I might say it was a joy. I think it may have had to do with your guy reception behind the bar, he was ever so welcoming and pleasant polite helpful, I did not even mind being given the wrong door code. Things could have gone differently, but great when the first impression is a good one. Well done him...Great attitude toward his working with the public I sure hope this was for real and not a dream. I have ticked average for atmosphere more to do with others.

Staff was friendly :)

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Really good hostel, near Clapham Juntion, is not in the center but it's a great area near Battersea park and not that far from the army museum, you can even walk from there to the buckinham palace if you want. It's over a pub which gives a lot of vibe to the place, the only thing they lack is not even a kettle, I mean, I get it no kitchen, but not even a kettle or a little fridge, also there were some issues with some of the sockets, that's weird, but it's great value for money and very clean.