FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

This hostel has really nice atmosphere. The toilets are shared between dorms but quite tidy which is quite surprising. The staff are nice. But, this is not recommended for people staying in summer. I'm not sure under what regulations, they are not allowed to open the windows more than 6inches. And, they only get 1 fan there which were broken during my stay. The disappointing thing is the staff aren't really trying to solve the problem. The room is like rainforest and no oae are able to sleep.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great staff & amazing food, but the showers need some work (either lukewarm or ice cold/scorching hot).

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Location was kind of out of the way, but the pub downstairs was cool. Triple bunks was kind of odd.

The bunks are 3 high which doesn't leave alot of room to sit on the bed but they are relatively stable and comfortable. The showers and toilets are shared between females and males but they are cleaned daily and the showers are located in quite large cubicles for you to place your dry clothes for changing afterwards. Also the internet speeds were faster than I've experienced in most hostels. Location has great public transport. Downside was that there is no hostel kitchen. Overall a good stay.

Fresh was anything but. When signing up to stay in a 12 person room, I was prepared to be living with other people but not in the conditions provided. There was no room to move, we were packed like sardines in bunks stacked 3 beds high! That would have been ok if it wasn't so hot and stuffy. The single window was only able to open a few inches and there was no air conditioning. The room was unbearably hot and the door ended up being propped open, causing security to lessen. It was not worth it.

• 24th Jun 2014

The rooms are not properly ventilated, so the 12-person spaces get hot very quickly, especially at night (unless you leave the door propped open!). There is no storage for luggage inside the rooms, so they become crowded very quickly. The bar downstairs is pretty cool.

Too far for Central London and the triple bunk is dangerous but it was clean and staff were really nice .

That hostel is not much more than a sh*thole but then again the price you pay don't make you hope for an awesome place (at least during the week)... But I discovered that's a scam, no kitchen or common room for the guests. They sell food and drinks in the bar that's associated, the money you save by not taking a better hostel you will spend in there plus the location forces you to pay lots in transports if you don't wanna walk 2km just to get somewhere everyday. Not recommended!

Great location for a great price. The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from Clapham Common. Quite a basic hostel - no kitchen, ok showers and triple-bed bunkbeds - but it al did its job. The breakfast was cereal and toast - unlimited!

• 11th Jun 2014

the rooms were nice and big enough for 6 people but the mattresses were horrible. my back problems got worse during my stay. maybe you could replace them? and the included breakfast was ok but maybe you could also offer a healthy option like muesli without sugar? but i have to say that altogether i was glad to have choosen fresh the crown

• 4th May 2014
  • Austria

It is what it is. Location was far away. Bunks were stacked three high, I thought I was going to kill someone by getting on the top bunk. Showers were a bit inconvenient.

Very nice hostel, definitely will be back.

Even though it was a little off the center, there were a lot of ways to go to where you want to go in London (it has the most amazing public transportation). So it wasn't a big problem. The problem was the bed (the worst I've ever slept in, I could feel all the springs, it hurted sometimes), the staff (when I asked about the sights I wanted to see in London, or when I asked for recommendations, they didn't know anything... It seemed that they didn't even live there), and a few other things...

It would be perfect with a kitchen! cool hostel, 2nd time I stay in this one! cheers!

It was a nice staying, for two weeks in february! We met a lot of nice people and the staff was also very nice!Everything was clean! The hostel it's located in a quiet place and you have the bus 345 just in front to arrive to the tube and then to the center! The tube is the most efficient and fast way to travel: 32 pound per week travelcard (to put on your oyster) all included and all day You have also a big supermarket Asda nearby, very big and cheap! Have fun!! there are many things to see

• 12th Feb 2014

Staffs were really nice and facilities were great. Rooms were kept clean every morning so very clean. One drawback was rooms were not spacious. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay at this accommodation. =) Overall, this hostel was nice.

Great hostel if you want a quiet night. Decent value, free breakfast and Wi-Fi. The bathrooms and dorms were kept very clean. There weren't too many sockets in the room, but that wasn't usually an issue. The hostel is out of the way of any major tube station, but the city was only about 20 mins away by bus.

Great staff, clean facilities! Thank you.

We made the mistake of walking from Big Ben to this hostel which took a VERY long time since its 3.4 miles away but we were amazed when we got there at the security and overall atmosphere of the place. the next day we topped up an oyster card and then just took buses to and from the hostel. It was very clean for a hostel and I felt comfortable there throughout my whole stay. I would definitely use it again. (great for the price as well) (FREE BREAKFAST!)

• 31st Jan 2014