FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The hostel is cool in general. But very complicated to book (especially if you don't have a credit card).

• 29th Sep 2014

The bedroom was good but the bathroom was not very cleaned.

Good-value bland budget accommodation above pub, with polite quiet unobtrusive staff. Fairly distant from central London but well served by buses (bus stop right outside) and near Clapham shops/pubs.Good provision of clean showers/toilets. Door entry codes actually worked efficiently - not always the case at hostels! Security lapse: my passport was not checked, and I was merely asked to write down its number (this could enable fraud). I may be mistaken, but I think it offers no kitchen facility.

The location was quite good. The staff was very helpful and smiling most of the time, they were really awsome. Sleeping was ok on triple bunk beds but since the window from the room enters the road outside there is a lot of noise. I strongly reccomend to bring earplugs if you have light sleep like me. I had earplugs so I was ok. A few toilets were out of order so the mornings were a bit crowded. Generally speaking we tried to avoid bathroom and toilet.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

I thought this was a very nice hostel! Very clean - I saw the staff cleaning every day! The showers were also very well maintained. I did not like the beds (stacked 3 high). And also ventilation of the rooms. Having so many to a room it gets very hot very quickly!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed here for a week. The showers were ok, most of the shower doors were broken (not the cubicle, the sliding screen) and the water pressure was low, but good hot water. The pillow was quite dirty. The closest tube station is about a 15 minute walk away and then a tube trip to anywhere like London bridge or Leicester square is another 15/20 minutes. There's some decent food in the area, cafe and coin laundry. Some staff can be helpful. For €9 a night during the week, this place is alright.

I felt there very tight.

I stayed at Fresh and my friend I met in London stayed in a private boarding room nearby. Fresh is a little bit of a walk from the nearest tube in Clapton Common, but it is clean, cheap, very secure, large showers with doors, large restrooms, and has a very helpful staff. I didn't get to experience any of the hostel atmosphere, since I was with my friend all day and just basically slept there, but it seemed like a very good bargain for its location.

Hostel is ok and clean but the manager is so rude amd ignorant (( my first experience off her when was checking inn amd asked could I have a bottom bunk and got. It one but 3 lectures about booking a room and when I was so surprised I smiled in shock, then she shouted don't smile this is a serious business ((( her name Francesca stay away if possible and if your not polish you'll not feel welcome

Francesca the manager was the most ignorant and unpleasant rude person I have met,

An average hostel, with some pro (the nice atmosphere of the pub, good prices) and some con (the room are very hot, you can't even open the windows, so there is a bad smell everytime). The hostel behaved very unfairly with me, changing my booking one day before i arrive (and i knew about that just because i called them, they don't even wrote me an email). That's probably a sad trick they play for those rooms which have been reserved very early, at a good price for the customer. AVOID THIS HOSTEL

• 7th Aug 2014

A good hostel in London. I loved the Clapham area! Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel was clean with plenty of bathrooms. Would recommend to other travelers.

Very cool area (Claphalm) Didn't really like the three bed high bunks. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were quite clean. Would recommend.

The hostel has a good price, but a very poor security because there aren't enough lockers. In my second night my iPad was stolen.

Very nice hostel, clean and comfy :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Finland

I enjoyed my stay here. The location is convenient for the Gatwick airport and also the underground, over ground and buses. Rooms were clean and security was good. Lockers provided in the rooms and pin code access to both the hostel and your individual rooms.

The rooms were big and spacious, very nice and helpful staff (thanks for filling our water bottle without comment every morning!) - and the Pub downstairs was great! Clapham itself also is nice and easily to be reached from central London.

This hostel has really nice atmosphere. The toilets are shared between dorms but quite tidy which is quite surprising. The staff are nice. But, this is not recommended for people staying in summer. I'm not sure under what regulations, they are not allowed to open the windows more than 6inches. And, they only get 1 fan there which were broken during my stay. The disappointing thing is the staff aren't really trying to solve the problem. The room is like rainforest and no oae are able to sleep.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great staff & amazing food, but the showers need some work (either lukewarm or ice cold/scorching hot).

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Location was kind of out of the way, but the pub downstairs was cool. Triple bunks was kind of odd.