FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Far from center, BUT. But. The bus to Trafalgar square and Westminster/ Parliament is literally outside of the establishment. Has a great bar downstairs with a lively atmosphere that makes it easy to meet people to go out with. Relaxed and friendly staff who are very helpful. Bathrooms unfortunately are temperamental , the showers tended to turn cold or scalding randomly and the toilets sometimes didn't work..

In my opinion it's an average hostel and I believe there are many other better hostels with similar price. Maybe it would fit mostly for the ones who are looking for a quite place.

Wasn't too close to clap ham junction station but ok and staff were great. Good choice of breakfast cereal and toast. You have to book online!

I stayed two nights in a girls dorm. The room was nice and not too crowded. Due to the location of the hostel, I finally got to know the huge Westfield shopping mall at Sheperd´s Bush, were shopping is much more convenient as on the crowded Oxford street :) I would definitely recommend the hostel. The only annoying thing was that breakfast is only served until 9am and the old men at the bar..

Very good

The Crown is in a great, safe location only fifteen minutes away from the nearest tube station, and I am very glad I chose to stay there! Everything was very clean, the bathrooms were great(with hot water!), and the breakfasts that the hostel offer every morning certainly help a traveller on a budget. All in all, I absolutely loved the experience and would be sure to go back again!

• 19th Dec 2013

Very clean and safe. Only problem I found was no kitchen. But o can't complain when paying that price.

The staff was friendly, but the hostel is not well located and the room wasn't big enough.

Thank you for asking about my stay. I might say it was a joy. I think it may have had to do with your guy reception behind the bar, he was ever so welcoming and pleasant polite helpful, I did not even mind being given the wrong door code. Things could have gone differently, but great when the first impression is a good one. Well done him...Great attitude toward his working with the public I sure hope this was for real and not a dream. I have ticked average for atmosphere more to do with others.

Staff was friendly :)

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Mexico

I got a cheap deal, but atmosphere felt 'cheap' and sterile. You're really just paying for a 'bed' above a pub. No real facilities. I did not stay longer than necessary.

Really good hostel, near Clapham Juntion, is not in the center but it's a great area near Battersea park and not that far from the army museum, you can even walk from there to the buckinham palace if you want. It's over a pub which gives a lot of vibe to the place, the only thing they lack is not even a kettle, I mean, I get it no kitchen, but not even a kettle or a little fridge, also there were some issues with some of the sockets, that's weird, but it's great value for money and very clean.

I think that I received more then what I paid!It was clean ,the staff very friendly ,the hostel is very well situated and I easily visited London center aria.I will come back again!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Quite a walk from the station.

I have stayed at many hostels, both in London and elsewhere, and can say that "fresh @ clapham" rates very highly. The staff were very helpful, and very friendly. Above all, they were attentive and organised. The hostel is very well run, and things just work well. Thanks for a good couple of days!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • South Africa

It was the second time I stayed in this hostel, Everything is very good!. And every time I need to go to london in the future, I will check if it's avaiable.

i was staying there by myself and I spent a lot of time hanging out in the bar it had a great vibe, kind of like a bar an a coffee shop at the same time. Also the wifi was SO fast. I've never stayed anywhere (even at hotels) with such great wifi! It wasn't near a tube stop but there was a bus that stops right outside the door that takes you straight to clapham common. The beds were comfortable and clean and I was really impressed, especially for the price! I would definitely stay here again!

• 5th Nov 2013

The staff were fantastic, the rooms were really clean and the breakfast was excellent. Thank you

• 26th Oct 2013

My favorite hostel in London because of the warm character of the building and wonderful staff! The pub is a fantastic shabby chic venue that doubles as a common room. It's a great place for a beer in the evening, or to check email in the bright morning sun. Located on top of Lavender Hill, there are some great views of London. Dorms are sometimes a bit cramped and triple bunked, but the total number of guests is not too great, so bathrooms/showers are usually available. Well worth the trek!

A very clean and well maintained hostel. Excellent value for money.