FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

I got a cheap deal, but atmosphere felt 'cheap' and sterile. You're really just paying for a 'bed' above a pub. No real facilities. I did not stay longer than necessary.

Really good hostel, near Clapham Juntion, is not in the center but it's a great area near Battersea park and not that far from the army museum, you can even walk from there to the buckinham palace if you want. It's over a pub which gives a lot of vibe to the place, the only thing they lack is not even a kettle, I mean, I get it no kitchen, but not even a kettle or a little fridge, also there were some issues with some of the sockets, that's weird, but it's great value for money and very clean.

I think that I received more then what I paid!It was clean ,the staff very friendly ,the hostel is very well situated and I easily visited London center aria.I will come back again!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Quite a walk from the station.

I have stayed at many hostels, both in London and elsewhere, and can say that "fresh @ clapham" rates very highly. The staff were very helpful, and very friendly. Above all, they were attentive and organised. The hostel is very well run, and things just work well. Thanks for a good couple of days!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • South Africa

It was the second time I stayed in this hostel, Everything is very good!. And every time I need to go to london in the future, I will check if it's avaiable.

i was staying there by myself and I spent a lot of time hanging out in the bar it had a great vibe, kind of like a bar an a coffee shop at the same time. Also the wifi was SO fast. I've never stayed anywhere (even at hotels) with such great wifi! It wasn't near a tube stop but there was a bus that stops right outside the door that takes you straight to clapham common. The beds were comfortable and clean and I was really impressed, especially for the price! I would definitely stay here again!

• 5th Nov 2013

The staff were fantastic, the rooms were really clean and the breakfast was excellent. Thank you

• 26th Oct 2013

My favorite hostel in London because of the warm character of the building and wonderful staff! The pub is a fantastic shabby chic venue that doubles as a common room. It's a great place for a beer in the evening, or to check email in the bright morning sun. Located on top of Lavender Hill, there are some great views of London. Dorms are sometimes a bit cramped and triple bunked, but the total number of guests is not too great, so bathrooms/showers are usually available. Well worth the trek!

A very clean and well maintained hostel. Excellent value for money.

Friendly staff and a good place to stay. It's a bit out from the center of London, but underground and buses make that a fairly minor fix. The Thai restaurant down the street is excellent Bangkok...something. There are also haircut places right in the area - the one for men was good and reasonably priced. The bar downstairs is good and it makes for an easy way to gather up prior to heading out or waiting for a group.

• 18th Oct 2013

Nicest hostel I've stayed in, it's in Clapham just outside central London. Clapham has a nice feel and it's easy to forget you're in a big city. it's a short tube/bus journey from the centre (Clapham in Zone 2) so that should be considered during your stay, but buses run all day and night so not a problem. The hostel is relaxed, clean and friendly and I had a good stay. Pros: good value, clean, free breakfast, generally nice place to stay . Cons: location, no kitchen.

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed my stay.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very clean modern rooms, plenty of space, lockers in rooms, beds excellent, just comfort plus!!! Sweet bar downstairs as well! Bit of a walk from the tube station but clapham is a beautiful area with plenty of funky bars and places to eat around!!

Nice clean hostel in a decent end of town!

nice hostel and nice staff, they only have to shave, because they all have long beards (joking). One minor point is that they didn't had a kitchen, it wasn't even allowed to eat something inside the hostel. There is a small pub in the hostel, but they close at 12, so you can sleep without noise.

really far from the center of london but other than that its great

It would be nice to have more toilets, and curtains for the beds.

Has to be the best value for money hostel in central London. No common area, but guests are welcome to hang out no worries in the pub downstairs. Good facilities, and easy access to Clapham Junction. Would definitely be my pick on return visits to London.

Great hostel, very nice staff. Clean and well maintained. Fairly close to Clapham Junction station. The bar is a nice bonus as well and has good deals for residents. Not having a kitchen is problematic if you don't plan on eating out every day.

• 19th Sep 2013