FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Could not review this place more highly. Rooms are located above a trendy, great bar (that serves a mean Pimm's Lemonade) and there are discounts for hostel guests. Neighborhood is great and nearby Clapham Junction connects to just about everywhere. Had a quiet and very pleasant stay. Staff is friendly, interesting and eager to help. Everything is clean and fresh. Rooms have a fantastic view and breakfast is delicious and free!! Highly recommend.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Basic bunk bed place.not a hostel in sense of facilities- no kitchen, no fridge, no meeting point. You can hang out in the bar downstairs.staff very nice and friendly in bar.dorm room small, triple-decker bunks,no chair or reading lights.cleaning ad hoc, bins never emptied, floors never cleaned/moped out in my week's stay. Bathrooms were cleaned. This place does not have a hostel vibe, many people waiting to move into long term accommodation. People coming + going all times of night,poor sleep.

The baskets inside the toilets need more attention, but nothing to worry about =) Perfect hostel! Definitely I would stay there again!

I loved the staff, especially MAX! He was outstanding and greeting me every morning. The only issue I had was the people at times in front were a little to loud, but as soon as I took a sleeping pill, I was out cold.

• 27th Aug 2013

The place could accept card and the pub could stay open after 11PM. It's a good price for the services.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Well informed about location and were able to give precise directions over the phone. Very pleasedmand will go back again.

Really good fun and brilliant atmosphere.

It is a very nice hostel! The staff is very helpful and there is a 24h reception. The hostel is clean and in a very good location just next to the bus stop. There is also a pub where you can drink and chat with old and new friends. I recommend it!

Nice place not too far from the station. Stayed in the 15 bed dorm, the door just outside the bedroom was a little noisy, maybe the staff could put something on it to reduce the banging sound it makes. Really good place though and have already booked a few more nights in my return to London in a few weeks.

It is a nice place for the money you pay.

Excellent value for money, friendly staff and good facilities. Only issue was location - Not near to any underground station. Clapham Junction is the nearest rail connection, a fair walk down the road.

Sometimes de bathrooms were really dirty. We missed a small kitchen where we could heat the food we bought, just a microwave would help a lot.

Fantastic place, fantastic people, one of te best I've stayed in throughout London!!

• 25th Jul 2013

A little out of the way but the cleanest most airy hostel I've stayed in. Exciting that the pub did food.

Hostel was definitely very clean and well maintained. It's close to bus services and rail. Staff was mostly helpful and friendly. On one occasion the guy (short with curly hair) who was supposed to set up breakfast was hungover/drunk/whatever and the breakfast was almost an hour late. I mean if you don't provide a kitchen, at least be on time with the breakfast. Very unprofessional, teenage behavior... If you get paid for something, do it right.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Poland

Very friendly staff and good breakfast. Rooms were cramped and difficult to sleep in due to the heat and noise from outside. Cheap hostel though for London.

Honestly, this is the first hostel which makes me give a negative feedback on its management. First of all, I got offered my room and my bed when I checked-in. I placed my belongings on my bed when I left the second day I stayed there. After I went back to my room and wanted to sleep, I found my bed got occupied by another person, she said the staff swapped my bed for her because someone was sleeping on her bed already. And no notice was given from the staff and compensation for this movement.

Very good hostel, excellent facilities and breakfast. The location is terrible, even if you take the overground.

Not the best location, but we didn't mind too much, considering how clean the bathrooms were. The beds were a little hard to climb up but all in all it was a nice place. Loved the bar and the music.

• 13th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

I would defiantly stay here again. Buses right out the front to take you to the station. Parks close by. Good secutiry as you need a pin to get upto the rooms and then another pin to get into your room. I could see the London eye from my bed as I was on the top of the 3 level bunks. Only negative was I was there when London had its heat wave and the room turns into a sauna. I would recommend a portable fan just to move the air around.