FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

nice hostel and nice staff, they only have to shave, because they all have long beards (joking). One minor point is that they didn't had a kitchen, it wasn't even allowed to eat something inside the hostel. There is a small pub in the hostel, but they close at 12, so you can sleep without noise.

really far from the center of london but other than that its great

It would be nice to have more toilets, and curtains for the beds.

Has to be the best value for money hostel in central London. No common area, but guests are welcome to hang out no worries in the pub downstairs. Good facilities, and easy access to Clapham Junction. Would definitely be my pick on return visits to London.

Great hostel, very nice staff. Clean and well maintained. Fairly close to Clapham Junction station. The bar is a nice bonus as well and has good deals for residents. Not having a kitchen is problematic if you don't plan on eating out every day.

• 19th Sep 2013

Top Marks for an excellent facility

• 19th Sep 2013

I would definitely stay there again :) It's close to bus stops and a train stop.The atmosphere is nice, but it's not a typical hostel. It's connected with a bar, so don't expect maps, guides and a front desk person telling you where to go and what bus to take- you have to be quite independent. Although there was no bathroom in the room, there were always showers and toilets available. Most of all, it was clean, and when I actually saw a cleaning person at work,I was amazed how thorough she was.

Best wifi I've had so far! The bathrooms were clean, and despite the water shutting off one morning, showers were ok. Breakfast consists of cereal, toast and tea. The downstairs area is a bar, and many locals went during the evening. About a 20 minute bus ride to downtown London. Very friendly staff -- I'd stay again.

It was very good hostel, for the money that we paid for it we can not expect more. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there when we visit London next time. If you are looking for something not expensive but also good, we would definitely recommend this hostel.

Really liked The Crown. I went w/ one other person and I got stuck on the top of a 3 tier and he was on the bottom so it would have been nicer if we were closer and 3 tier bunks aren't exactly my personal favorite but everything else was great - good internet on location, facilities were very clean and decent are - could see London Eye from our window - About a 5-7 min walk to a major tube/train station - can't complain for the cheap price.

This is a great hostel, the food is great,the drinks are great! The staff are by far World Class! Nicest people you would ever meet. My only issue is , its a bit far from Central London . This is great if you want to experience a different kind of London, the area is not nearly as busy as the city center. I would stay again.

Big rooms with confortable beds. It would be great to have a kitchen or at least a fridge where storing food. Better find another place for luggage storage: too difficult lifting the suitcase on those small stairs!

Could not review this place more highly. Rooms are located above a trendy, great bar (that serves a mean Pimm's Lemonade) and there are discounts for hostel guests. Neighborhood is great and nearby Clapham Junction connects to just about everywhere. Had a quiet and very pleasant stay. Staff is friendly, interesting and eager to help. Everything is clean and fresh. Rooms have a fantastic view and breakfast is delicious and free!! Highly recommend.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Basic bunk bed place.not a hostel in sense of facilities- no kitchen, no fridge, no meeting point. You can hang out in the bar downstairs.staff very nice and friendly in bar.dorm room small, triple-decker bunks,no chair or reading lights.cleaning ad hoc, bins never emptied, floors never cleaned/moped out in my week's stay. Bathrooms were cleaned. This place does not have a hostel vibe, many people waiting to move into long term accommodation. People coming + going all times of night,poor sleep.

The baskets inside the toilets need more attention, but nothing to worry about =) Perfect hostel! Definitely I would stay there again!

I loved the staff, especially MAX! He was outstanding and greeting me every morning. The only issue I had was the people at times in front were a little to loud, but as soon as I took a sleeping pill, I was out cold.

• 27th Aug 2013

The place could accept card and the pub could stay open after 11PM. It's a good price for the services.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Well informed about location and were able to give precise directions over the phone. Very pleasedmand will go back again.

Really good fun and brilliant atmosphere.

It is a very nice hostel! The staff is very helpful and there is a 24h reception. The hostel is clean and in a very good location just next to the bus stop. There is also a pub where you can drink and chat with old and new friends. I recommend it!