FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

It was really nice to Stay in this Hostel. With the Train you can get the Bank station in 20 min what is absolutelly good. And the Hostel is really nice. The bads are good and i never get in another Hostel in London such good brakfirst for this price. The people from the Hostel a lovely and really freandly. we really enjoyed it.

• 22nd Dec 2013

The hostel could be better if they fixed the damn toilet

If it have had a kitchen, it would have been the perfect hostel! Lockers maybe were too small, but were good to store a laptop and few other valuables.

I had to stay for couple of nights in London, so I booked this hostel. On my second night there. Around 23 o'clock I went to my room, to go to bed, but discovered that my bed was made, and my ear-plugs that I placed under the pillow were missing. You need the earplugs though to be able to sleep in these kind of places. So, hoping for a quick solution, I went to reception, and very calmly asked about the issue. It is a small place, with the bathrooms outside of the rooms, I never thought it co

Good for the price- a long way from the Center but-If you're willing to use the tube it absolutely fine and close to Island Gardens Light Rail. Bed allocation grrr - If you get stuck with a top bunk- they won't change it which I accepted but unfortunately my room mates decided to just take whatever bed they wanted which meant that I was woken up every night at 3 in the morning being quized if I was in the right bed. Perhaps just tell guests to pick their own bed and leave the computer out of it.

I have 2 suggestions on how to improve the hostel: 1) Add a kitchen for guests so budget travellers can cook their own meals. London is expensive after all. 2) Put bathmats outside the showers. Many guests don't have the sense to dry themselves BEFORE stepping out so we often get big puddles. Otherwise a good hostel. Staff is friendly, atmosphere in the lounge/pub is good, Free breakfast is good, location is good...this is a good hostel

The mattress at ground layer is totally ruined, I can't sleep all the night. Bathroom floods, shower facilities are broken that water spread everywhere. I've told the staffs, but they told me they can do nothing... i've never stayed in such an awful hostel. The only advantage is it's cheap

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

I stayed here for two nights, and it was such an amazing time. The people that you meet at this hostel are amazing! It is a little out of the way, but the price for the hostel is well worth it. The wifi is reliable, and they provide a nice free breakfast every morning. The only real downside is that they don't have a kitchen.

That's defo a really nice place to stay in London, if you don't mind to be a bit outside of town. It has a nice bar, really delicous free brekkie (breakfast) and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

Nice place with a chilled atmoshphere, food and drinks were good value and was comfy enough. Staff helpful, would stay again.

Spacious lounge area, which is really part of the pub but was great to relax in. The staff were really friendly and chatty, especially Giacomo. He made you feel very welcome. Bathrooms and dorms were...eh.

Spent 3 nights in this hostel. Location is acceptable, staff is ok, the bar is a perfect place to meet others and there is enough place for it. The rooms are warm enough. Breakfast is not too rich, but exactly what you expect in a hostel so it is ok too! Altogether this is a good hostel, i enjoyed my stay there.

Went to London for the Doctor Who event in November. Staff was friendly, atmosphere was amazing. Rather far away from the city center but close enough to the ExCel convention center. Beds were very squeaky.

The staff was among the friendliest and most helpful in all of the hostels I have stayed at in Europe. The greeted us with a smile every time and offered help about getting around London. The beds were extremely comfortable and I appreciated the luggage storage requiring a code for access, instead of being an open door like other hostels. Although the bathrooms were relatively clean, the shower water was cold. It got freezing that weekend and a warm shower would've been nice.

The bed was horrible and left me with a back ache...... too springy. The room was very cold...frankly the mini radiator placed under the huge window didn't help matters. That cold room left me with a chest cold after just one night. Overall, it was okay but not a suitable environment for me - unless I want to enjoy a few drinks at the bar.

Fantastic staff, Giacomo and Francesca particularly ...

The only bad thing is that the wc on the second floor was broken the whole time. Otherwise was really good.

Amazing, really nice and helpfull staff.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

no t.v. in chill-out area however chill out area is huge plenty of seating and the people you meet in the chill-out area are so cool that you wouldn't need the t.v- I just remember laughing and smiling-alot surround music and web works-as far as facilities goes- broken knobs, broken flush and I wouldn't want to walk around on the floor without any shoes on but as far as london and hostels go and price for your money-its good for london -and I would go back-overall I had an great time there-

You have to be aware that in rooms you'll find only beds and lockers, nothing else, no place to sit or put your belongings. The location may seem to be far away from the center but you can get there very easily by DLR and underground in less than 30 min. The pub is great, the staff was very nice. They sholud work a bit on little things like chairs, tables, hangers in the rooms, so that would make it much more comfortable to spend time in the rooms.