FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

small, quite hostel, super close to the DLR which connects with the jubilee line. shared a bed dorm, very basic but if its a clean, safe bed your looking for to use as a base to explore London on a budget then this ticks the boxes, staff are friendly too

I was leaving th in the mixed big dormitorium. It was good that we had more space than in other dormitorium, but we had to store our luggages on the floor. It would increase your value to make a simple metal shelf next to bed thorugh three level. It would make muck more secure and comfortable for us.(You have space for that!) I am 63 years old. I got the third level. At first sight it was scarrying forme, but then I solved it . If it possible you should take into account the age where to put you

The hostel ir really far, takes about 30-40 minutes to reach city center, the prices are really high, I know eveything in London is expensive but it has almost the same prices as it was a restaurant/bar in city center. they have adaptors but they sell them at high price, also half of the electricity sockets in the lobby dont work. three floor beds are not comfortable. You may save a few bucks cause is cheap, but at the end is not worth it, better pay 3 or 4 pounds more to stay in a better place

I loved staying here. It was my first stay in a hostel and I was impressed. Close to Greenwich

To put the location of this hostel in perspective: it is so far out of London, that it's not even on the map they provide you with of the city! It is simply too far from Central London to overlook. The downstairs pub has potential, but it is extremely reserved and not a great place to go wild with other backpackers. Greenwich is very close, however, and is a beautiful town. Staff are average. Price is its only upside, better to splurge and go elsewhere in my opinion.

Had a great stay the staff were fantastic real friendly and helpful

Great experience, great hostel... Problem is that there is no kitchen

A really nice hostel - but there is quite a cost involved in travelling from there to London return everyday - so if you want to stay in London but not have a lot of travelling cost - stay in London itself.

There is no warm water in the shower. Other than that it was a great place to stay in London, easy to get to by the tube and great beds. It doesn't have your typical hostel feel, where it's very easy to meet other travelers but that was not an issue for me. The staff were really helpful, especially when I locked my keys inside the locker. I would stay here again!

Shower was freezing cold and would not get hot. Sink was full of hair and was not cleaned promptly. Lock on the door to the room was temperamental. Bed was wobbly and squeaked.

• 6th Jul 2013

Considering the price, it wasn't too bad here. It was nice to have the pub / restaurant on the main floor. The rooms aren't fancy and security was a bit of an issue as my i pod got stolen. Don't expect to sleep much, very loud.

Great staff

• 5th Jul 2013

The Great Eastern is a fine little hostel, the staff was super friendly, my wallet was stolen and they were so kind to my and my mom. I stayed in a room with my mom and two other girls. The room was clean and the breakfast ok, but the beds were not that good. The lockers are NOT free you have to pay 4 pounds to have a lock otherwise these are useless. The Location wasn't that good, but at the end I was happy to be in a good neighborhood, calm and save. Island Gardens DLR station around the corne

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

I flew into London City airport, so this was a lot more convenient than I expected it to be, but for someone getting in at Heathrow or a train in central London it would be quite a trip. The neighborhood was quiet and the bed was fairly comfortable. I would've preferred to put a deposit on the lock for the locker rather than pay for it, but if you bring your own it's moot anyway. Price was quite reasonable and the bathrooms were clean.

• 2nd Jul 2013

super helpful and friendly

Pub hostel on the outskirts of London, but for the price it's great. Lots of codes for doors so very secure. And a pub beneath can never go bad.

Average facilities but walking distance from subway line. Not much atmosphere but a great place to go of you already have plans and just need an easily accessible place to crash at night. Staff had difficulty understanding our requests in English but were mostly helpful. We stayed in a 12 person room with four triple bunks.... But only one bathroom for three rooms. Didn't cause us any problems but I see how it could delay some people in the morning.

• 26th Jun 2013

Decent hostel, terrible location. The beds are quite dodgy, especially if you are on the top bunk. Still better than most other hostels in London though.

가격대비 좋은 호스텔이지만 크게 마음에 들지는 않았습니다. 위치가 조금 멀어서 런던 시내까지 가는데 30분은 잡아야됩니다. 시설은 깨끗한 편인데 화장실이 방에 있는게 아니라서 공용화장실을 써야되면 약간 불편을 감수해야 합니다(쓰는사람이 많아서). 믹스룸 12명(또는 사람많은 룸)은 3층침대를 써서 많이 불편하므로 비추천입니다.

Very friendly staff, good food, I like the location because it is in a regular neighbourhood and the river Thames is close. Only the bed were a little bit small and I felt the spiral srpings of the matrass, but that didn't impede me from sleeping very well