FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

Considering the price, it wasn't too bad here. It was nice to have the pub / restaurant on the main floor. The rooms aren't fancy and security was a bit of an issue as my i pod got stolen. Don't expect to sleep much, very loud.

Great staff

• 5th Jul 2013

The Great Eastern is a fine little hostel, the staff was super friendly, my wallet was stolen and they were so kind to my and my mom. I stayed in a room with my mom and two other girls. The room was clean and the breakfast ok, but the beds were not that good. The lockers are NOT free you have to pay 4 pounds to have a lock otherwise these are useless. The Location wasn't that good, but at the end I was happy to be in a good neighborhood, calm and save. Island Gardens DLR station around the corne

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

I flew into London City airport, so this was a lot more convenient than I expected it to be, but for someone getting in at Heathrow or a train in central London it would be quite a trip. The neighborhood was quiet and the bed was fairly comfortable. I would've preferred to put a deposit on the lock for the locker rather than pay for it, but if you bring your own it's moot anyway. Price was quite reasonable and the bathrooms were clean.

• 2nd Jul 2013

super helpful and friendly

Pub hostel on the outskirts of London, but for the price it's great. Lots of codes for doors so very secure. And a pub beneath can never go bad.

Average facilities but walking distance from subway line. Not much atmosphere but a great place to go of you already have plans and just need an easily accessible place to crash at night. Staff had difficulty understanding our requests in English but were mostly helpful. We stayed in a 12 person room with four triple bunks.... But only one bathroom for three rooms. Didn't cause us any problems but I see how it could delay some people in the morning.

• 26th Jun 2013

Decent hostel, terrible location. The beds are quite dodgy, especially if you are on the top bunk. Still better than most other hostels in London though.

가격대비 좋은 호스텔이지만 크게 마음에 들지는 않았습니다. 위치가 조금 멀어서 런던 시내까지 가는데 30분은 잡아야됩니다. 시설은 깨끗한 편인데 화장실이 방에 있는게 아니라서 공용화장실을 써야되면 약간 불편을 감수해야 합니다(쓰는사람이 많아서). 믹스룸 12명(또는 사람많은 룸)은 3층침대를 써서 많이 불편하므로 비추천입니다.

Very friendly staff, good food, I like the location because it is in a regular neighbourhood and the river Thames is close. Only the bed were a little bit small and I felt the spiral srpings of the matrass, but that didn't impede me from sleeping very well

This place was fine for a night or two. Clean and the bathrooms were good. We were woken up at 2am when a staff member made two people switch beds, which was very annoying. They also have triple bunks, which is not ideal. It is a pretty far ride on the train to get to London city center, but you get what you pay for. They have a nice common room which was "closed for private functions" the whole time we were there, which was annoying as the only other place to be was in the bar. Just okay.

This hostel is great value. The pub downstairs was nice, as was the neighbourhood, right by Greenwich and the DLR station. The wifi worked great. We found the padlocks and towels to be a bit expensive for what they are, but that's not a big deal. Overall, we would definitely stay here again!

The bathrooms could be cleaner but all in all a great place to stay.

The hostel was easy to find, located only a short walk away from Island Gardens DLR station. The room was very clean, good price and better facilities than previous places that I have been. I have nothing negative to say!

• 15th Jun 2013

Three bunk bed is really very bad. No electric plug on the room.

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Bangladesh

I stayed for more than 2 weeks. Room, toilet, shower, everything are keep cleaning.if you stay for long term, No stress. One of the biggest point for recommend to you is common room. really really comfortable, i enjoyed to talk with other guests every day.That's great moment!! All Staff are friendly, polite, kind and nice smile. I had been fist time in London actually, but they made me relax. Definitely recommend to you!!

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Japan

triple bunk bed was scary.

Most of the rooms are a couple of flights of stairs above the pub so you cannot hear any noise from the bar area. My room was quiet and I got a good nights sleep.

Don't know why,but I had a picture of a shady urban quarter in my mind,when I heard "Docklands".Totally wrong.This is such a nice place to be!The bar is cool,the lobby is cozy, room, bed and bathroom were clean. Unfortunatly the shower in the bathroom didn't work. It's very close to the Themse. Not far there is a stair tower, you can go down there an then walk under the Themse over to Greenwich, which is so picturesque!You need to change trains at Canary Wharf,it's a little bit confusing there!

The pub on ground is not noisy, I really enjoined it. The staff guys were helpfull. The neighboorhood is really calm and lovely, maybe because it's far from centre. I didn't like the fact that there are "three-beds-sets" (i don't know how to call it), so it's more likely to get disturbed at night, as there're two more people sleeping at your latitude-longitude point XD. So, earplugs are highly recommended. Also, bring your food, because the breakfast is just "ok".