FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

This place was fine for a night or two. Clean and the bathrooms were good. We were woken up at 2am when a staff member made two people switch beds, which was very annoying. They also have triple bunks, which is not ideal. It is a pretty far ride on the train to get to London city center, but you get what you pay for. They have a nice common room which was "closed for private functions" the whole time we were there, which was annoying as the only other place to be was in the bar. Just okay.

This hostel is great value. The pub downstairs was nice, as was the neighbourhood, right by Greenwich and the DLR station. The wifi worked great. We found the padlocks and towels to be a bit expensive for what they are, but that's not a big deal. Overall, we would definitely stay here again!

The bathrooms could be cleaner but all in all a great place to stay.

The hostel was easy to find, located only a short walk away from Island Gardens DLR station. The room was very clean, good price and better facilities than previous places that I have been. I have nothing negative to say!

• 15th Jun 2013

Three bunk bed is really very bad. No electric plug on the room.

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Bangladesh

I stayed for more than 2 weeks. Room, toilet, shower, everything are keep cleaning.if you stay for long term, No stress. One of the biggest point for recommend to you is common room. really really comfortable, i enjoyed to talk with other guests every day.That's great moment!! All Staff are friendly, polite, kind and nice smile. I had been fist time in London actually, but they made me relax. Definitely recommend to you!!

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Japan

triple bunk bed was scary.

Most of the rooms are a couple of flights of stairs above the pub so you cannot hear any noise from the bar area. My room was quiet and I got a good nights sleep.

Don't know why,but I had a picture of a shady urban quarter in my mind,when I heard "Docklands".Totally wrong.This is such a nice place to be!The bar is cool,the lobby is cozy, room, bed and bathroom were clean. Unfortunatly the shower in the bathroom didn't work. It's very close to the Themse. Not far there is a stair tower, you can go down there an then walk under the Themse over to Greenwich, which is so picturesque!You need to change trains at Canary Wharf,it's a little bit confusing there!

The pub on ground is not noisy, I really enjoined it. The staff guys were helpfull. The neighboorhood is really calm and lovely, maybe because it's far from centre. I didn't like the fact that there are "three-beds-sets" (i don't know how to call it), so it's more likely to get disturbed at night, as there're two more people sleeping at your latitude-longitude point XD. So, earplugs are highly recommended. Also, bring your food, because the breakfast is just "ok".

Cannot recommend this hostel enough - super cheap, really nice staff, free breakfast, close to Tube station. A real gem.

• 31st May 2013
  • Czech Republic

I really enjoyed my stay here, all the staff have made me very welcome and the chef they have is top shelf, I have never had nicer meals at such reasonable prices. I will definately stay here again. Thanks guys

• 30th May 2013

The main aspect of this hostel is the nice pub at the ground floor. The hostel by itself are just some room and and clean toilette. There is NO kitchen but you can carry your food into the pub if you want.

Great experience here. A bit far from London but the tube makes everything easily accessible. Considering how expensive London is, this was an excellent bargain. Clean facilities and good breakfast (free). Only issue was that roommates often return anytime between 1 and 4 AM. But great place for a clean, safe stay.

Highly recommended for backpackers. It's centrally located and there are lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. very convenience...

Like most others, I found this to be a pretty decent hostel. The common room down by the bar is relaxing and nice, you're given a 1/2 off drink coupon when you sign in, and the rooms are pretty good (though kind of drafty and old). Unfortunately, the hostel is located about a 40-minute train/tube ride from central London, which turned out to be a deal breaker for me. However, the staff are great and you get free breakfast, so - other excepting distance - this place is a good deal.

Location, cleanliness, facilities, atmosphere were all very good! Only the weekend fares are too high for backpackers

• 27th May 2013
  • Japan

Good hostel, not far from city centre, easy public transport links, clean, nice cafe area, cheap! What more could you ask for.

Everything is great in this hostel. Very clean! But there's no kitchen.

A very clean place to stay and above all quiet at night with no lights going on and off in the early hours.