FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

Just the shower area need soome improvements, like one of the doors are broken and is a bit difficult to open.

• 19th Sep 2014

At the beginning I wanted to stay at this hostel but for unpredcietd reasons changed my mind and had to cancel my stay at it in the last day. Cancellation was confrimed but anyway due to late cancellation (later than at 48 hours), I was charged as for first night stay - it's a pity. Thus I paid for the services which I have not received waht was very disappointing.

Je suis content d'avoir choisi cet hostel, le quartier est sympa, la grande piece commune est conviviale (dommage que le billard ne marchait pas!) apres le chambres sont etroites et les douches pas pratiques mais pour le prix, c'es normal, je recommande!

Schönes Hostel fast direkt an der Themse mit Weitblick. Frühstück war OK, Toast mit Marmelade, Cornflakes und Kaffee. Ansonsten passt alles.

About what you expect for this price in London. Positive: well-connected to public transport and with a pretty little park overlooking the Thames just around the corner. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but free; the neighbourhood felt quite safe.

Just a cheap hostel, friendly staff, exactly what we were after, right next to the Greenwich foot tunnel, and thames. Great to see foxes in the evenings! Breakfast was pretty average. Beds were comfortable. We stayed a week and a half happily enough. Thanks team.

good cheap accommodation next to the river Thames. what you expect in 12 bed dorm. free breakfast was very basic. toaster was never working. but free all the same.

The hostel was too hot and the location wasn't that great. There was only 2 showers on our floor for about 25 people. I can sleep like a log anywhere but my friend said the beds were the most worst he has ever slept on. Other than that the hostel was OK

I chose this hostel because of good reviews as all other reasonably priced rooms near ExCeL were already taken. I needed a good night's rest, so I booked a private room (at an insanely high price), only to be greeted by a creaky bunk bed and nothing else in a tiny room. One wall bordered on a bathroom and I could hear everything, including the incredibly loud hand drier - no way to sleep in there. The bathroom was small with broken tiles on floor. Avoid the private room. Dorms seemed OK though.

The location was in a nice neighbourhood, across the Thames from Greenwich. The dorm bed was cheap and the pub and lobby downstairs were cozy. We were just staying for two nights and didn't spend much time in the hostel, but were really happy with the stay.

Excellent ! Voilà ce que j'ai à dire ! Cependant ne comptez pas dormir avant minuit et d'avoir de l'électricité dans la chambre. Sinon rien à redire, propre, chaleureux et sécuritaire.

• 11th Aug 2014

A better wifi is definitelt needed but overall the place is good, safe and clean. Although a bit more ventilation in the rooms wouldn't hurt. Otherwise i enjoyed my visit and would definitely reccommend it.

Guess you get what you pay for, decent stay for a decent price.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Fresh @ Great Eastern was an awesome hostel. I would recommend to others and would stay again. However while I was there a laptop did get stolen, security could easily be upgraded to get an excellent review. The hostel doesn't have a kitchen but there are shops around and the friendly staff will lend you cutlery if needed. I stayed for two weeks and on the first day the sanitary bins were overflowing at the end of the stay they were the same. Disgusting. Breakfast was good and the free wifi 😃

The hostel almost ovelooks the Thames (must go for a walk along the river from here).5 minutes walk from Island Gardens station. lockers provided (padlocks available for purchase). Friendly staff. The hostel is part of a pub: nice vibe, nice character, pub hall with plenty of sockets for laptop users and comfy armchairs open 24 hours a day. free breakfast, free wifi (can be slow at times). 10% discount on food and beverages for hostel guests.

The staff here was very accommodating. I had a couple issues that didn't even have to do with the hostel and they were more than happy to help me out.

• 18th Jul 2014

Не скажу , что все очень плохо и я не заселилась бы еще раз.Но все в меру. Обычный хостел, правда далековато от центра и ванная комната одна на 70 человек похоже. Некоторые неудобства были в том, что все время надо было код вводить.А в целом ничего против не имею.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Russia

This location was a little ways out from the city center, about a 25 minute train ride. However, it is near Greenwich which is a cool area in itself that I didn't really get to explore much. It was kind of nice to get away from all the hustle of the city center. A couple of the people handling the bar area were nice, and the guests here were a mixture of all kinds of people, from people there looking for work to some just visiting on vacation.

Better wi-fi, please

• 3rd Jul 2014

Very expensive, very baddly located, not a single advantage and the staff, altough polite, managed to give my bed to another person...I found out at 2 am I didn't have a bed.... Never stay at this hostel!

• 3rd Jul 2014