FRESH @ The Great Eastern, Docklands Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

DIFICIL COMUNICARSE POR MI SPAINGLISH PERO EXCELENTE LUGAR PARA PERMACER COMPARTIR Y DESCANSAR!

We booked a 6-bed-dorm and got a 12(!)-bed-dorm without any comment. The 12-bed didnt have a private bathroom, there were 3 showers and 2 toilets to be shared with the whole floor (>20 people), men an women (NO seperate bathrooms, unaccaptable!). 2 sockets for 12 people (good luck if you wanted to charge your phone), not enough plates, knives, jam etc. for breakfast. No sockets in the bathroom.

Poca informacion en espanol.

pas de petit dejeuener , enfin seulement pain et céréales , lait et eau .. tres peu pour ce qu'on peut appeler un petit dejeuner ! douche commune : cassé a mon étage donc 1 douche pour 2 etages .. de plus elle était tres sale douche "privé " , pour l'eau , position sur eau chaude mais ça déconne : eau brulante , puis eau glaciale, plue eau brulante .. l'enfer pour prendre une douche !!! manque materiel dans la chambre , chaise / table / porte manteau .. 40 minutes de Londres

Il faut bien faire attention car l'auberge est située en zone 2 du métro MAIS ce n'est plus le métro: il s'agit du DLR c'est à dire d'un genre de RER extérieur et le dernier part vers 23h30. Si vous allez à Londres pour la vie nocturne, prenez cette info en compte. En revanche c'est vraiment très sympa, accueil chaleureux , un bar, sanitaires propres et en nombre suffisant ,dortoirs corrects, petit déjeuner compris. Très pratique pour se rendre dans le centre: DLR puis Jubilee Line, c'est top.

• 26th Feb 2014

Adorei, porém o banheiro poderia ser um pouquinho mais limpo, mas de resto sensacional

Great place with great staff.

I saw the cleaners doing their work several times while staying in the hostel. They clean the environment very regularly! And the Italian staff in the reception is quite friendly, smiling all the time. The location is a little far from central London but very near the DLR station. I think it is not too dangerous for girls to walk on the street there at night. I've stayed there twice as the price is very affordable! I would recommend it!

I am sure I won't recommend this hostel to friends. The room was quite smelly and moisty (you were not allowed to open the window). The toilets/showers looked like a nightmare everytime I went to take a shower in the morning. There seemed to be no respect for people who needed to rest/work or wake up early in the morning. The lounge room was OK and the staff members were nice. But this is not a cosy hostel. I believe it's a good place to party and to sleep for a cheap price. But that's it.

1. Quiet time is listed, unfortunately newcomers could not find their allotted beds, I woke up by a person enquiring was I in correct bed number and show my ticket to confirm @ 01.30.

I was very satisfied with the hostel. I think that the atmosphere was great, nice to sit in the pub for breakfast and very helpful staff!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

After taking my deposit and having traveled all the way there they refused to let me in as I do not own a passport and I was subjected to a night on the streets of London

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hostel is above a pub, they have triple bunk beds with plastic sheeting on the mattress does not make for a comfortable night. No kitchen facilities which if you are using it for long stay is rather annoying. Bathroom get's very messy as people use it and is only cleaned once a day. They also charge nearly triple the price for the weekend which is ridiculous, I'm sure if could be worse but it could be a LOT better

Attention, il n'y a pas de cuisine...

• 28th Jan 2014

Overall a great hostel! I plan on returning again on my next trip to London. It was nice having a hostel in the Docklands away from the bustle of the "big city". Great place to make new friends!

The room is too crowded with 3-level bunk beds. The breakfast is lousy. The common room is good. The price is very good, the cheapest hostel I found in London. Near the DLR station and bus stop.

I like this hostel that's why I always return.

Muy buen ambiente, perfectamente ubicado, sábanas limpias, desayuno buenísimo y con un pub que viene muy bien para tomarte unas pintas después de un largo día de pateo por Londres.

Great nights stay - think it will be hard to find better value for money if you're in London on a budget. Staff were very helpful, all the facilities/services were as it says in the description and a good selection of beer at the bar is always a nice touch.

The place is clean and my bed was comfortable, however people woke me up the two nights I stayed there for problems with the bed numbers and so on. Not so early hours for breakfast could be good (to wake up early to get breakfast during holidays seems contradictory), not enough food and mugs for breakfast, to forbid all the food and drink within the hostel (there is no kitchen or similar, but there is a pub where to buy food, that´s what they want) is almost childish, ... It can be better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3