FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

Comfiest beds I slept in my entire trip. Cheapest hostel for London and although it is cramped and the bathrooms are below average it is good value for money.

The bathrooms are super small and very very very dirty. No one cleaned them for 3 days while i was there. I suggest the hostel sets some rules like 'clean the sink after you use it' because there was a lot of hair in the sinks.

Very good hostel to stay in London! Zone 1, well organized and receptive. The pub downstairs is a plus!

Shame there was no kitchen or common room because all in all it is a very good hostel! Stayed in a 9 bed room for three nights. Room was small (3 x triple bunk beds) so this is a negative point. You cannot choose the bed you're allocated so if it's a top one, it's quite high. Free luggage storage. Good Wifi. Good showers (pressure could be a bit higher to make them even better) and toilets.

This place is a fantastic bargain. The bar/hostel staff are all very friendly and exude individuality. The dorms are quite clean, and very spacious...I'm talking room for 5 friends to do yoga side-by-side! The toilets are few, a bit overused, and at awkward angles for entering and closing the door. The bunks are triples and very squeaky, as are the lovely wooden floorboards. Not a good place if you have trouble sleeping with noise and light. Cheap and cheerful seal of approval!

It is very close to a subway station. The breakfast is very good and the bathrooms are allways clean.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Dorm room was comfy and spacious enough. Very close to the metro. Overall, i enjoyed my stay!

It's quiet good hostel,specially for London,where every corner is expensive!Good point at hostel is 24hr reception,I arrived at 2am and I be able to check in easy,staff was very kind and helpful at the night and day time when serving espresso at bar,that's was nice!Hostel is very secure,providing personal code for entrance door and room door.Location is great,specially if you arrive from Luton or Stansted airport by EasyBus shuttle,which stops at Baker Street,10 min walk from hostel.

Everything is perfect.

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • China

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel and the friendliness of the bartenders. It's definitely not spacious or luxurious, but a clean and safe bed, which is all you need from a hostel. My only complaints are that the breakfast was a bit weak, and the Wifi didn't reach upstairs. Overall though, a decent stay.

I stayed in the 6 bedroom female dorm which was so cramped that we did not have space to open our luggage. We also had problems bringing our luggages up and down the many stairs. The combination lock in the door was also a hassle as the toilets, sinks and bathrooms were outside the room. However, the dorms gave us an excellent chance to get to know new people :)

Great place. I would.hire new cleaning people due to a theft during a bed cleaning.

Good location and value, but cleanliness can be better. The 9 person room I stayed in is very cramped, barely enough space for luggage on floor.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

No kitchen! Most members of staff are OK but a couple of them are not very kind, to say the least. Not allowed to eat/drink in anything apart from the unhealthy pub food & beverages. Personally I consider all other flaws acceptable given the low price.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Greece

A typical hostel with real nice staff and visitors from all nations. We stayed in a 9-bed mixed dorm which was quite small but okay. Sadly there was not even one mirror in the room which would have been more convenient. There's no common room but you can go downstairs to the atmospheric pub where you don't have to consume anything or you can drink super tasty cocktails! I really enjoyed my stay there and the location is good, not far from Oxford St. and the sights in Westminster.

Thishostel is a very good bargain, though the rooms are rather cramped. The place is clean and right next to the tube station. Good breakfast, no kitchen.

We stayed here last year and really enjoyed it so we decided to book it again this year, but we were really disappointed this time. They changed it so you cant bring food into the bar anymore because they sell burgers now, but theyre expensive and they dont tell you that you can get them at anytime not just 12-3 like its advertised. It also wasn't near as clean as before. Super disappointing compared to last time.

Was very good

• 7th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

20 persons in the dorm. No common room, so everyone ends up sitting on the floor. Ridiculously tiny lockers. Right on a very noisy crossroads. If you get back in the middle of the night, the staff of the pub does not understand you are part of the hostel and trys to explain you through the windows that the pub is closed. The internet requires that you go through a complicated login procedure every time you restart your computer. The neighborhood sucks. The location is not too bad.

Great place!! I totally recommend!!!