FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel and the friendliness of the bartenders. It's definitely not spacious or luxurious, but a clean and safe bed, which is all you need from a hostel. My only complaints are that the breakfast was a bit weak, and the Wifi didn't reach upstairs. Overall though, a decent stay.

I stayed in the 6 bedroom female dorm which was so cramped that we did not have space to open our luggage. We also had problems bringing our luggages up and down the many stairs. The combination lock in the door was also a hassle as the toilets, sinks and bathrooms were outside the room. However, the dorms gave us an excellent chance to get to know new people :)

Great place. I would.hire new cleaning people due to a theft during a bed cleaning.

Good location and value, but cleanliness can be better. The 9 person room I stayed in is very cramped, barely enough space for luggage on floor.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

No kitchen! Most members of staff are OK but a couple of them are not very kind, to say the least. Not allowed to eat/drink in anything apart from the unhealthy pub food & beverages. Personally I consider all other flaws acceptable given the low price.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Greece

A typical hostel with real nice staff and visitors from all nations. We stayed in a 9-bed mixed dorm which was quite small but okay. Sadly there was not even one mirror in the room which would have been more convenient. There's no common room but you can go downstairs to the atmospheric pub where you don't have to consume anything or you can drink super tasty cocktails! I really enjoyed my stay there and the location is good, not far from Oxford St. and the sights in Westminster.

Thishostel is a very good bargain, though the rooms are rather cramped. The place is clean and right next to the tube station. Good breakfast, no kitchen.

We stayed here last year and really enjoyed it so we decided to book it again this year, but we were really disappointed this time. They changed it so you cant bring food into the bar anymore because they sell burgers now, but theyre expensive and they dont tell you that you can get them at anytime not just 12-3 like its advertised. It also wasn't near as clean as before. Super disappointing compared to last time.

Was very good

• 7th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

20 persons in the dorm. No common room, so everyone ends up sitting on the floor. Ridiculously tiny lockers. Right on a very noisy crossroads. If you get back in the middle of the night, the staff of the pub does not understand you are part of the hostel and trys to explain you through the windows that the pub is closed. The internet requires that you go through a complicated login procedure every time you restart your computer. The neighborhood sucks. The location is not too bad.

Great place!! I totally recommend!!!

Very very noisy due to massive main roads right outside the dorms. Dirty showers and inadequate and very cramped toilets. Stupid charge levied for leaving your bags for more than a few hours after check out. Hardly any plugs in bedrooms to charge phones and computers.

could have slightly bigger size of bath room, cause I can't even turn my body in the bath room

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Malaysia

Don't expect anything great,but this is a good,clean hostel. What else would you need for a night or two in London? :) The staff were very helpful and friendly,also I was surprised how clean the hostel was. I'd definitely recomment this hostel! :)

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Hungary

no elevator the room is so small

When I stayed the hostel, someone stolen my slippers. but I like this hostel.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

An average hostel , not bed , but the room is a bit too small

Is the worst hostel ever. I don't recomended at all. =

Pros: - Friendly staff - Cleaning all the time - Half price drink - Free wifi Cons - Public common area (the pub) - Beds could be better

Not bad. For price pretty much what I had expected. Toilets could be cleaner. Girl in our room had her wallet stolen but she did leave it in room a risk. Breakfast basic but nice extra. Very hot inside and not enough power points in room so charge phones or cameras.