FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

The staff and the pub downstairs are really nice, giving the place a nice atmosphere. However, the facilities have some minors flaws, like the size of the bathrooms - too small.

Booked myself in and didn't stay for the night! Not very nice place to stay!

Very bad hostel and staff

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Stayed here for three nights with a friend during July. Great location, about 10 minute from marble arch. Place was great, always kept clean, and most of the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Even though it's on a pretty busy street and we had the window open for air it was plenty quiet enough to get a good nights rest. There was never much of a line for the shower in the morning. The pub downstairs had a burger deal on as well which was excellent for nights with no planned dinners.

Staff was not well prepared to inform us on basic stuff such as best transportation methods to get to the free tour, how to get to the airport or even places to eat around the hostel. Basically the common area is a pub downstairs with very limited space. As far as I know, we didn't get any discount on said pub. Lockers were small and they had no padlocks for rental, only for sale and for a huge price. They also had no wall plug adpaters for rental, just for sale and super overpriced.

The wifi in my bedroom was not good, sometimes works sometimes not....there was only one plug in my bedroom. The bedroom is really hot....the staff is good.

The Green Man is a great value considering the price and location. The only issue us that at night with the windows open it can be near impossible to sleep. Directly across the street is a police station and hospital so sirens blare non stop. I recommend some zzzQuil, a couple pints, and ear plugs if you want to sleep.

I thought that the hostel was quite nice for the price I paid. I appreciated the availability of a female only dorm room. One thing I wish I had been aware of ahead of time was the small size of the room. I was very grateful to the staff for allowing me to keep my luggage in the storage room for a few hours after checking out. Overall, I had a good experience here and believe this was the best place in London I could have asked to stay. I wasn't crazy about the price, but it was good for London.

Easy enough to get to and jump on the tube. Lively and cozy.

Somebody stole stuff from us. We cannot be sure it's the cleaning guy but that's what the girls in the room told us. Who lied ?

• 20th Jul 2013

Just an average hostel. Wasn't ridiculously horrible but nothing amazing either. There is no common room which is kinda awkward because the only place to hangout besides your room is the bar which is open to the public. I thought it was a cool idea at first but then got kinda awkward when you have no where to go to just hangout and relax where you're staying. The beds are triple bunks. Not as bad as I was expecting though. Overall average hostel.

My biggest complaint is that this place is HOT. Everywhere. The bar downstairs is steaming. The rooms upstairs are even hotter. Please invest is some fans or something because it was unbearable. The beds, bathrooms, etc were all pretty decent, but the heat ruined a lot of it. In terms of location, it's a very short walk to the metro. It's also about a mile's walk from Abbey Road, which is cool!

Nice place, clean showers (a bit small unfortunately), nice pub downstairs. Metro station is really close and it's well connected to the city centre. The only negative point was that for me the wifi did unfortunately not work - this was an account problem rather than the hostels fault because other guests I talked to had no troubles.

Really nice pub downstairs ;)

We stayed two nights, and enjoyed our stay. The pub downstairs had a good vibe, and great staff, as well as cheap food and drinks. I was nervous about the triple bunks, but they were much better than I imagined, no problems at all. Great location near the metro.

The Green Man is a really good value for money hostel, with wonderful staff who make sure you have an enjoyable stay. The rooms and showers are both quite basic but this is made up for by the lovely pub area downstairs. The staff were friendly and welcoming and certainly made our time spent downstairs enjoyable. Both my friends and I felt safe with swipe cards to gain access to the facilities and to the individual dorms. Would definitely recommend to friends and would return in the future.

• 9th Jul 2013

Nice place, good value for the money paid.

I'll defiantly be staying here again. Had great atmosphere and had a great night. I'd recommend to anyone after a cheap bed for the night in London. Awesome location within easy walking distance from Hyde park which was what I needed. The staff were friendly and drinks not too much. Can't comment on what it's like to stay longer.

Pretty good place. Good location

Really nice staff, great atmosphere, could've been less dirty and was a bit warm at night. Over all a really nice place, fun meeting backpackers at the ground floor bar

• 4th Jul 2013