FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

it would have been eprfect if there was a kitchen, but staff were so helpful in rectifying this problem.... very helpful staff overall... prime location. Excellent spacious dorm and amazing breakfast.

great location, relatively safe, even later at night. Only 15mins walk to Oxford St and hyde park. breakfast was basic (just toast, cereal, coffee & tea) but you are surrounded by a few supermarkets to buy any food you may need. I think the showers have now been fixed on the first floor, and they were great. security boxes were pretty small, but lots available. overall I would recommend this place and consider staying here again.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Really bad hostel..Room stinks staff doesn give a s*** about the hostel,located at the loudest neighbourhood..What i perceived is that this is a place where drunk people that goes to the pub downstairs at night takes a nap..really bad experience..worst hostel that i had in europe..

I really enjoyed my stay. Lovely atmosphere, prime location!

I don't think I could have stayed at worse place if I tried. I'm surprised this hostel is part of a chain. The staff were not that helpful the facilities poor and I'm no princess and have slept in my fair share of dirty places but this was ridiculous!! I would avoid this hostel at all costs. This is also coming from a person who had been to many and I mean many hostels around the world!!!!!

• 16th Aug 2014

poor wifi, many times did not work in the room, got disconnected repeatedly, and also in the downstairs pub it was flimsy. toilet and shower were clean enough and in working condition. atmosphere i would say was pretty cold both by travellers and staff. location is great as pub is right next to underground and busstops. area felt safe enough. pub´s interior was nice.bed was comfy, new clean sheets and all. overall i think price was good but i would rather not stay here again, i did feel awkward

The staff was extremely rude. The Worst hostel ever! We check in in mid night, he let us wait more than 30 minutes. I understand he might be busy and tired, but it's ridiculous for let more than 6 guests waiting without any apology. Instead, he blamed me for not being patient. What a sarcastic joke! 24 hr reception, shame on U! Friends were in different rooms, mixed, smelly, no icy! Only one shower room for all! Terrible and horrible experience. However, the boy on the morning of 7 Aug was kind

the room is too small and only has one shower room.

With a bit more reliable wifi and more staff to help out down at the bar (people in the bar and people in the hostel shouldn't have to wait for 1 person to serve them all), it would be pretty close to perfect.

This particular hostel is very close to Paddington station, but sits in a very sketchy neighborhood. I didn't feel safe walking back to my hostel after night fall. Also, there were 5 showers for 2 floors, which in itself is a lower number but only 1 was working the 4 days I was here. The 1 shower that worked had a broken shower door, so there was a pool of dirty water accumulating on floor and it was very tricky to not get your stuff to fall in to the dirty cesspool of germs. I would not stay.

Great places to eat on Edgeware Road. Quite close to Kings Cross, Baker St., Hyde Park. Nice it being in a pub. Very hot rooms over the summer - air conditioning would have been nice.

The hostel is ok, the security is not very good, some of the lockers were not working. The breakfast was good. But don't forget to bring your passasport, because they will ask for it!

• 21st Feb 2014

the rooms are very small and dark, the bathrooms aswell, the bar downstairs is very comfortable. most staff seems to be nice, but not very motivated. the breakfast contains tea, "cereales" and toast, may be enough for many people- for me it isnt. while i was staying there my room was always dark so when i was changing and sorting my stuff i needed to sit in the tiny and not so clean corridor. after all i was happy to switch hostel.

Fantastic location right next to Edgware tube on the Bakerloo line, easy to get to Oxford St or to Piccadilly and SoHo. Obviously you get what you pay for, breakfast was nothing special but good enough. Biggest problem was the disgusting state of the toilets, they seemed to be cleaned perhaps once a day, the guests were pigs and it was common to find pee or worse on every seat.

Wifi wasn't working at the time and i was assigned to a 9 bed dorm instead of the 6-bed i reserved (apparently hostelworld's fault). Extremely cramped rooms. Friendly staff and good location..

This is a great place if you just need a bed, it's good value and free breakfast. But our 6 bed (with 2 triple bunk beds) was tiny and because of the bar downstairs there is no common room. There are no key cards meaning you need a code for the doors which can be difficult

Great location, free breakfast is a plus. The pub does good food. Not much space in the room. Wifi wasn't working while I was there unfortunately.

Stayed in the hostel for 4 nights. Location on Edgware Road was excellent as major buses from Oxford Street and Soho area pass by and it's a 10 minute walk to Paddington Station. The pub downstairs seemed pretty cosy though i didn't really have much time to check it out. Staff were friendly and toilet was relatively clean. I would say though, in my dorm, the bed was awfully hard and "springy", if that makes sense. but besides that minor detail, it's great! would definitely recommend it! :)

i will come back in future at this place.Hostel is what i need.

Great location, nice staff, clean rooms and cool price. What else?

• 16th Jan 2014