FRESH @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Way too hot in the rooms, woke up sweating like I came out of a basketball game. Very good other than that.

• 18th Jul 2014

Great location, couple of minutes to walk to the station and everything is within a ten minute underground ride.Most staff were nice, helpful, one even lent me his personal mobile to make a couple of phone calls for a doctor's appointment. Don't go for the breakfast, bar downstairs or the social area is also available to the public. Rooms were super tiny, very squashed. I'm short and I couldn't even get into my bed, I literally had to roll on and off! So avoid staying in the room!

Great location, especially for the price. Walked to The Globe Theatre in 10 minutes and easily walked to Parliament and Westminster Abbey as well. Was very clean on the day I arrived, but was getting fairly dirty by the time I left (three nights/four days later). Understandable, though, given that there are 12 people to a room. If you're tall, be aware that the bottom bunks may be inconvenient for you. I'm very short, and I hit my head a couple of times when I sat up too quickly.

Very nice hostel - quiet and well located. Dorms could be more spacious though.

Very well located, we can go to London Eye only in 15 minutes walk. Very good breakfast. Staff always ready to help. I recommend!

the bathroom is quite small! however, for the price, you can't expect more! It's location is brilliant, you're at the big ben in no time! a lot of thing are within walking distance and for the things that aren't as close, there is a Metro station and train station very close to the hostel.

This hostel is very comfortable and fairly clean, with great staff, the hostel is 3min away from the bakerloo line and a 10 walk from Waterloo station, the only downside is the the bunks are 3 tier and they should all have access to there own plug sockets, but other than that great hostel, for me it is up there as one of the best. PLEASE READERS understand that this is a hostel not the Savoy so dont expect it to be, you get what you pay for and that is a clean, comfortable bed wid hot water

Overall it was grand. Too few wall sockets though.

The only thing that I didn't like in this hostel is the breakfast, it's very poor and the time that is served is very short (from 7am to 9am).