FRESH @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Toilets were terrible

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

very nice staff, nice bar on the gorund floor, just the room a bit crowded

I had a great time on my visit. There was always someone on staff as it was a 24 hour hostel, which was very helpful. All doors had a key pad lock and the codes change to keep it safe. The beds were comfy and there was enough room to move around in the aisle. The place was clean and the location was absolutely excellent.

Good location next to Lambeth North, helpful staff. Felt safe traveling alone to the hostel

• 18th Jul 2014

Way too hot in the rooms, woke up sweating like I came out of a basketball game. Very good other than that.

• 18th Jul 2014

Great location, couple of minutes to walk to the station and everything is within a ten minute underground ride.Most staff were nice, helpful, one even lent me his personal mobile to make a couple of phone calls for a doctor's appointment. Don't go for the breakfast, bar downstairs or the social area is also available to the public. Rooms were super tiny, very squashed. I'm short and I couldn't even get into my bed, I literally had to roll on and off! So avoid staying in the room!

Great location, especially for the price. Walked to The Globe Theatre in 10 minutes and easily walked to Parliament and Westminster Abbey as well. Was very clean on the day I arrived, but was getting fairly dirty by the time I left (three nights/four days later). Understandable, though, given that there are 12 people to a room. If you're tall, be aware that the bottom bunks may be inconvenient for you. I'm very short, and I hit my head a couple of times when I sat up too quickly.

Very nice hostel - quiet and well located. Dorms could be more spacious though.

Very well located, we can go to London Eye only in 15 minutes walk. Very good breakfast. Staff always ready to help. I recommend!

the bathroom is quite small! however, for the price, you can't expect more! It's location is brilliant, you're at the big ben in no time! a lot of thing are within walking distance and for the things that aren't as close, there is a Metro station and train station very close to the hostel.

This hostel is very comfortable and fairly clean, with great staff, the hostel is 3min away from the bakerloo line and a 10 walk from Waterloo station, the only downside is the the bunks are 3 tier and they should all have access to there own plug sockets, but other than that great hostel, for me it is up there as one of the best. PLEASE READERS understand that this is a hostel not the Savoy so dont expect it to be, you get what you pay for and that is a clean, comfortable bed wid hot water

Overall it was grand. Too few wall sockets though.

The only thing that I didn't like in this hostel is the breakfast, it's very poor and the time that is served is very short (from 7am to 9am).

It's my home in London..I'll always be back! Been coming here for six years off and on...wouldn't stay in any other hostel unless I had to! Thank you to the staff for always being amazing! See you soon

The rooms might be a little cramped if there are everyone in the room. However, the location is perfect (just ten-minutes-walk to London Eye and Westminster Bridge or Waterloo station). The staff are really friendly and the pub downstairs is nice. The hostel is ideal for backpackers not looking for luxury but a cheap, conveniently located hostel.

Value for money and very close to the attractions

Nice staff, nice location and the building was nice. of course it is a budget hostel so it's not very clean but overall I enjoyed it. No kitchen though.

Very good place to stay, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good too.

The Pub is OK, but the rooms are awful. Full of people and it has no space between the triple beds. Its not very clean. The lockers are outside of the room and are extremely small. Its really hard to feel secure over there. My mobile was stolen inside the room. It doesn’t have kitchen and you are not allowed to bring food or drinks inside the hostel. The breakfast is terrible. The staff is not good at all. Only one guy, from Barcelona, was friendly. Wouldn’t recommend it.

Nothing extraordinary, but still very decent place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7