FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Close to Victoria yet in a quiet neighbourhood, clean and relatively safe. Definitely recommend this one! Bear in mind - There are no lockers in the rooms and no kitchen (though there is standard breakfast provided). The beds have three levels so if you end up on the top and are scared of hights, you won't be pleased :-), I guess you can the staff to change it or ask for a lower bed while booking though. Apart from these it's perfect.

Really friendly staff. The fact that the pub was open 24/7 was a welcome surprise. I got to the hotel really late because my plane landed at night, and to have the option of a drink and a hot meal was lovely. The facilities were decent but what I mostly liked was the friendliness of people. Breakfast, even if very basic, was quite welcome, and I frankly wasn't expecting it given the very low price of the stay.

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

Fresh is located about a 15-20 min walk from Victoria Station. There is no kitchen on site, so you'll be walking back to Victoria for each meal unless you want pizza, the only thing served in the bar below. The beds are 3 bunks high. They wiggle and squeak anytime someone moves in the bed or climbs the ladder. The bathroom/shower rooms are shared by both male and female guests; while they appear more or less clean, there is a strong smell of mold. My allergies were mental my entire stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very helpful staff, good location, near two main tube stations in London, the breakfast was okay... the people in the room as well! Would stay again!

Fresh @ the White Ferry was lovely. It was a short walk away from Victoria Stations, it's a lovely looking building and is very nicely decorated inside. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I am very happy with my stay there and would definitely stay there again.

• 23rd Jun 2013

I was very impressed with FRESH @ The White Ferry in Victoria. Everything was clean, and I appreciated that friendliness of the staff. Security was available, with lockers in the room, and I felt very safe leaving my things in the room while I explored for the day. It was also close enough to walk to the Victoria Underground Station to get access to the entire city. I had a very positive experience with FRESH, and I would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Jun 2013

The location and the excellent staff made the hostel tolerable.

• 21st Jun 2013

I was staying for only one night and was coming in to victoria by coach. The hostel was in a great location as it was only 5 mins walk from the station. The beds were clean and comfortable bunks. The breakfast the next day was basic but I was able to have as much as I wanted - perfect to start my day in london. All I needed was a bed for one night so it was perfect for that and it was great value for money.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Wales

Huge dormitories over a pub. Very affordable... But there's at least two other nice hostels in the neighbourhood that are probably a better option.

I have been there for 2 nights. Staff is friendly and atmosphere is quite good. But height between bed is not so good. It's too short to me, even my height is only 157cm. And electric supply is not enough. Oh. Toilet, too

Great staff, wished room 4 had lockers (all other rooms do). Triple bunks are tricky because the whole bed shakes when anyone moves. Would have loved to have a stool or a bench to put things on in showers. Shower availability was good.

The White Ferry is a very cool place for backpackers and i enjoyed a lot in a week stay there :D

Nice place to stay good location for Victoria bus/train/tube stations. Clean rooms although sanitary bins were overfull in most bathrooms. Would recommend.

• 17th Jun 2013

The lack of plug sockets was discouraging and the locker sizes were not very big, but considering it cost me under £13, there really is no room for complains. They had beds, bathrooms and a free breakfast. Really enjoyed my stay and truly appreciated it.

• 17th Jun 2013

Bathrooms were kind of gross, but the location was fantastic! Great place to stay in London if you aren't planning on spending much time in the hostel. Staff were hit and miss for friendliness but hey aren't we all? Felt like Home at the end of a long day. As dirty as it was it was clean where it counted- the beds. Would stay again and recommend.

It was odd staying in a hostel as it was my first time, however it was lovely and the staff were friendly and helpful, there was the opportunity to improve by adding more plug sockets though. Otherwise fantastic!!

• 16th Jun 2013

The hostel is definitely worth for the money and it's very close to victoria coach station. Just about 6 mins walk, suitable for travellers. I was staying in 15 mixed beds room, it was a bit noisy when the roommates come back at midnight. My biggest problem during the stay was finding charging point for my phone and camera.

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

I really enjoyed the staff who was working there! It was clean and i loved the way it was a pub for regular London people.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Denmark

First time I stayed in a hostel in London and I couldn't expect something better. I will go back again there if I go in London again.

Great place great location great people...