FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

This could be a great hostel but it's not there yet. Location is pretty good; ten minute walk from Victoria Station in a residential area. But the security is just awful. They say that they have locks on the outer door and door to your room - which is true. But the locks are push button ones, not key carded. They give you a scrap of paper with the different codes on them and I saw several of these sheets left around the bar downstairs; anyone could have picked them up and gotten into the rooms.

For the price I paid I would expect nothing more. Free breakfast for all customers is wonderful and when the wrong person was already in my bed the stafff sorted it out with minimal fuss and without having to wake anyone up. The 3 staff I dealt with during my stay were helpful and friendly, the manager in particular was a pleasure. For £14 you can't go wrong.

• 19th Nov 2013

On arrival the staff were helpful. The attitude of the staff remained helpful throughout my stay.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

It seems that nobody care much about cleaninig. Facilities are poor. Our room was too small for 9 beds and with no place to put coats and jackets.

The beds being 3 high were a little more difficult to deal with. We had 3 generations to deal with, ages 20-63. My mom did not feel safe here while myself and daughter did.

The dorms were very clean but the bathrooms were swimming under water, the bathrooms don't seem to be cleaned very often.

The accomodation was good value for money however there were no lockers in our room which I felt was needed as it was a large room with people coming and going throughout the night (to be expected in hostels). I would have felt much better with lockers to put my stuff into also it would have helped to make the room look cleaner.

• 11th Nov 2013

An overall "average" experience. I was not impressed by the "free luggage" storage room which it makes it very very insecure to leave any stuff in there. The lockers were way to small, impossible to fit a normal size luggage.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Spain

This place is cool as hell & I've been here more than once. The leading light of this White Ferry House is the old English style cosy tavern. Within such a stunning and original Victorian building, it 's just awesome and gets it all. You can feel like if you were in a real old ferry surrounded by cool travellers. The great staff have a key role in this vibe. Smiley, enjoying people & ready to help with absolutely everything. Justine, Julieta, Marisa, Italian boys: WELL DONE & thnx 4 everything!

The white ferry hostel has clean beds, good security but the worst internet connection that I´ve ever seen and very bad water pressure on showers. There is no kitchen and you are not allowed to buy food and bring it to hostel. I would not recommend this hostel for anyone because it´s quite a walking to the main touristic monuments.

What an awful hostel I never add a review after I stay anywhere, but this place absolutely terrible and I've stayed in A LOT of hostels....avoid at all costs

This hostel was amazing! There's a bar downstairs, but I don't drink so I just got a Coca-Cola. There are 2-3 flights of stairs depending on where you get put. The bathroom was clean and always available and the bed (I was in a 12-bed dorm) was really comfortable! There is a free breakfast but I had an early flight so I missed it. Would definitely go back! :)

No kitchen that's a minus for me , so be aware of that when booking !

The staff were lovely. Justine is the manager and she is a total sweetheart. They did everything they could to make your stay enjoyable, including telling us about a free tour of London and correct directions. The beds were very comfortable, and we didn't have an issue while we were there.

• 24th Oct 2013