FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

This hostel was amazing! There's a bar downstairs, but I don't drink so I just got a Coca-Cola. There are 2-3 flights of stairs depending on where you get put. The bathroom was clean and always available and the bed (I was in a 12-bed dorm) was really comfortable! There is a free breakfast but I had an early flight so I missed it. Would definitely go back! :)

No kitchen that's a minus for me , so be aware of that when booking !

The staff were lovely. Justine is the manager and she is a total sweetheart. They did everything they could to make your stay enjoyable, including telling us about a free tour of London and correct directions. The beds were very comfortable, and we didn't have an issue while we were there.

• 24th Oct 2013

I am a dual citizen with UK residency. As I did not present a passport at the desk I was refused my booked and paid for accommodation by your staff. On a Friday night - late arriving, a single woman, I was left with no accommodation and the ordacity of your premises to take my money as well. Appalling as I do not carry a passport with me when I travel through the country I have been living in for nearly 3 years!

I always stay at this hostel when I'm in London, it's in such a convenient spot, and with 24 hour reception, can always accommodate me. We had a 24 hour travel day and arrived at the hostel at almost 3am, got checked in and straight to bed. London is getting cold, and my boyfriend said the duvet was like a big warm marshmallow. The bar is nice and the breakfast is super basic but you can eat as much as you like. My only problem is there aren't really enough showers!!

Good Hostel above pub, but lacking a kitchen area to cook own meals

Not really close to the Underground but closer to Victoria Coach Station. Needa walk for 15min to residential area for stores.Or ask at the bar downstairs. Steep stairs and not convenient if you have heavy suitcase. Bathroom and toilets are quite clean. Water power is sometimes too low. Luggage room and lockers are downstairs, not convenient if you need to go there every day. Nothing in the room you can put things on, only bed and mirror. No common area nor kitchen. Few sockets at the bottom.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

A very clean and nice hostel. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that there isn't a guest kitchen there.

The bathrooms are dirty and often clog the drains, dirty water goes up the drains. The time for breakfast is too short. The beds are very noisy.

No lockers in the rooms and no common area or kitcken , a big big (-)

The rooms, bar, and staff were quite good, but the showers.... an individual one was good, but at the communal showers the drain was blocked and stinky - no the best experience while showering. Also, a table or shelf would be nice to put your stuff safe while you shower (my towel easily fell down from the hook).

너무 좋아요! 왕친절함!

Plastic cups, plates and cutlery is a down score otherwise the rest is good value for money.

Great location, clean room

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed on a week night so it was very cheap and great value for money. It's also nice and close to Victoria Coach Station, which is the main reason I booked at this hostel. I was also by myself and the staff were very friendly and there was a great bar/pub atmosphere.

Quite.clean.safety.security.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Malaysia

bit far from the station and no close by super markets. Stuffs were willing to help.

This hostel is idea for any traveller on a budget as it is only a 15 minute walk from Victoria Station so you can avoid underground costs altogether. The pub downstairs makes for a lively atmosphere, however it does bring in older customers who aren't travellers. The staff were very friendly (but very busy), and the dorm room I was staying in could have used a good vacuum, however I will be staying again thanks to its perfect location.

• 22nd Sep 2013

The tube station is very near, also they have a bus stop in front of the Hostel. The price was very very good for the hostel! I love it and certainly recommend.

I think the hostel staff should be "smart" enough to know what they are doing. As in make sure all the check in pass or proof of the travellers is written with the right information. I've came across this situation where I paid for all but written there i haven't pay anything. But there is this guy handle it quite well and apologize to me. Secondly also the cleaning staff one of them is so unfriendly. I over put my phone on the clean bed (i know was my fault) but she just shouted at me.