FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Great atmosphere, with some very helpful staff.

• 2nd Jul 2013

nice hostel, nice staff, pretty good price for its location. the only bad thing is, that the rooms really are a bit cramped. i would come again!

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Austria

Great stay, loved the staff. Lockers in the room would have been nice, but security wasn't an issue.

This hostel is great if you just need a place to stay on your way in or out of Victoria Coach Station.. but it is not in the best location for a long-term stay. It is a solid 15 minute walk from the nearest metro station... and I didn't always feel comfortable as a women walking back by myself at night.

Although I am not a tipical patron of this type of acommadation because of my age ( I am a mature man ) the staff made me feel very welcome. The rooms were clean and all the staff were extreemly helpfull. I would not hesitate to stay there again and i will recomend the white ferry to anyone.

• 30th Jun 2013

Good value hostel, especially because of the great location. Was clean and really friendly staff. Bar downstairs is great.

Nice and clean hostel! It is also very well situated. There is Victoria station (underground, coach station, buses and train) located at 7 minutes of walk and Buckingham palace, the Big Ben and Westminster abbey at 15 minutes of walk. According to me the only bad thing was the sound of the karaoke of the pub just downstairs while I was trying to sleep. But hey... If you are a party person this should not be a bad point but a plus ;)

Decent location next to Victoria station. 24 HR Bar is great and nice pub area. Bed and rooms and shower toilets etc.. were all fine. I thought the fact that you had to book online to stay there was unnecessary, but other than that I'd recommend it.

• 27th Jun 2013

The front hall smells like a toilet and there is a musty smell throughout the whole hostel. The toilets often wouldn't flush properly and often got clogged up. One the top floor the toilet paper was stuck inside the dispenser in the morning and was still like this in the afternoon. The shower on the top floor was terrible. The thermostat was terrible. Room clean but bunks moved a lot. Wifi have to log onto cloud. Codes on the doors are good for security but would be better with key cards.

A little loud and very bright in the 21 bed dorm. The bedding was great though and the staff are fantastic!!

• 26th Jun 2013

A decent enough hostel, very good location close to Victoria train/coach station. Shame about not having a kitchen though, a kettle and toaster always come in handy

Close to Victoria yet in a quiet neighbourhood, clean and relatively safe. Definitely recommend this one! Bear in mind - There are no lockers in the rooms and no kitchen (though there is standard breakfast provided). The beds have three levels so if you end up on the top and are scared of hights, you won't be pleased :-), I guess you can the staff to change it or ask for a lower bed while booking though. Apart from these it's perfect.

Really friendly staff. The fact that the pub was open 24/7 was a welcome surprise. I got to the hotel really late because my plane landed at night, and to have the option of a drink and a hot meal was lovely. The facilities were decent but what I mostly liked was the friendliness of people. Breakfast, even if very basic, was quite welcome, and I frankly wasn't expecting it given the very low price of the stay.

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

Fresh is located about a 15-20 min walk from Victoria Station. There is no kitchen on site, so you'll be walking back to Victoria for each meal unless you want pizza, the only thing served in the bar below. The beds are 3 bunks high. They wiggle and squeak anytime someone moves in the bed or climbs the ladder. The bathroom/shower rooms are shared by both male and female guests; while they appear more or less clean, there is a strong smell of mold. My allergies were mental my entire stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very helpful staff, good location, near two main tube stations in London, the breakfast was okay... the people in the room as well! Would stay again!

Fresh @ the White Ferry was lovely. It was a short walk away from Victoria Stations, it's a lovely looking building and is very nicely decorated inside. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I am very happy with my stay there and would definitely stay there again.

• 23rd Jun 2013

I was very impressed with FRESH @ The White Ferry in Victoria. Everything was clean, and I appreciated that friendliness of the staff. Security was available, with lockers in the room, and I felt very safe leaving my things in the room while I explored for the day. It was also close enough to walk to the Victoria Underground Station to get access to the entire city. I had a very positive experience with FRESH, and I would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Jun 2013

The location and the excellent staff made the hostel tolerable.

• 21st Jun 2013

I was staying for only one night and was coming in to victoria by coach. The hostel was in a great location as it was only 5 mins walk from the station. The beds were clean and comfortable bunks. The breakfast the next day was basic but I was able to have as much as I wanted - perfect to start my day in london. All I needed was a bed for one night so it was perfect for that and it was great value for money.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Wales

Huge dormitories over a pub. Very affordable... But there's at least two other nice hostels in the neighbourhood that are probably a better option.