FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

No A/C and the windows don't open more than 6 inches. Don't go here during Summer.

• 15th Jul 2014

There was POOP in the shower. Some toilets did not flush, the other showers were also very dirty. Most of the staff is very friendly but the manager is very rude and arrogant. Not a very convenient location and not much to do in the area as far as night-life or much of anything. This hostel made me want to never stay in a hostel again.

I am still not sure whether I was conned or not. As I was paying for my pint of Guinness, I didn't have cash, only debit card. The waiter said my bill was not big enough to pay with debit card as they have a 5 pounds minimum and the pint was less than that. So, I opened a tab...after another pint, I went to pay, but the minimum was now 10 pounds. I was baffled. He kept persuading me it was 10 pounds all along...

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Worst hostel ever! They threw away our food (which was in bags), since there is no eating allowed in the rooms. We didn't eat it though, just stored it there since the hostel hasn't a kitchen or anything you could use for storage. The staff isn't friendly at all and complains about the way you dress.

• 8th Jul 2014

Bit expensive, but not for London. Great staff. Only downside is no kitchen.

Thank you very much for your great hospitality. My friends and I had such a great time there that sometimes we just don't feel like leaving our beds and we always looked forward to coming back early. Many thanks from the teenagers from Singapore :D

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Staff were rude and very unhelpful. The beds were uncomfortable and the showers and toilets dirty. Considering the price I paid, even though the location is great, I was disappointed. I've stayed in much nicer and more affordable hostels in London and do not intend to come back here.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Finland

No hay cocina ni para calentar agua.

Au 2ème étage, un unique WC et une unique douche pour une chambre de 15, c'est un peu court!

• 25th Feb 2014

Very good hostel, staff friendly and helpful, but the shower wasn't so good, sometimes it was too hot or too cold, except that one everything is excellent! clean bedrooms, cool pub, tasty pizzas, of course i will go back again! P.S.: Important detail: Portuguese staffs! I'm brazilian and It was amazing talking to them in my mother tongue, definitely i've felt at home!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Spain

If you have any valuable you rather keep it at Victoria Coach Station left-luggage office. I stayed the hostel 3 times, and 2 times of it my stuff was stolen/destroyed. Otherwise very good location and nice staff. It is a pity, you abolished guest kitchen.

Door to sleeping area and rooms all locked with codes, felt safe since there is a pub downstairs. No noise at all from pub! Room was a little small for 9 people and during the night very warm and humid. Breakfast was nice too. Although it was clean, there were very little showers for the amount of people that could stay and everything in the bathroom areas got wet after the showers had been used.

• 18th Feb 2014

Lockers are in the basement, instead of in the room, which is inconvenient. But the fact is that it's a very well priced hostel for its location: perfect if you're in transit for one night as I was.

El hostel todo perfecto, pero Internet andaba MUY mal, hasta en la zona común, se cortaba a cada rato, era muy inestable. No se podía usar correctamente. Lo demás ok.

A very nice little place. Basic, but that's all it needs to be.

• 12th Feb 2014

I had a very good stay at this property. I must mention Alex, at the reception, who was very helpful and cordial on his manner . I would like to recommend this place toy friends. Lokesh

very friendly staff and very easy to find place!

Hard to understand reception staff had to ask him to repeat himself. Need something in the bathrooms to dry the floors wet floors all the time. Little lights are needed by the bunk to prevent turning the main light on when needing to leave earlier morning. Wifi. Did not work. Overall food was lovely and slept well.

V-E-R-Y good

If you are looking for a place to stay only 1 night this might be good because the price/location. But otherwise the place is a mess