FRESH @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

12 bed dorm, fully occupied: There are no storage facilities for Backpacks etc. and it was a MESS! There were belongings EVERYWHERE. I had to shove things out of the way. There are 3 tier bunk beds and no room to store luggage under beds. They try and put too many people into a room. There is a little locker for small bags and valuable items though. Very POOR bathing facilities. Only one shower incl.toilet for whole floor. Had to go to another floor to shower/toilet. Great location for 1night.

• 12th Aug 2014

Clean and tidy place, and always full of occupants as this is one of the famous hostels in London Some of the staff were friendly. The staff works by rules and they are so strict with it. Lack of power sockets in rooms is a major issue, where there was only 4 working sockets for 15 bed room

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice location next to Victoria Coach Station and to Buckingham Palace. It was why I chose it and it didn't disappoint.

This place was a really cool hostel, very close to Victoria Coach Station, really nice staff. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere. Only suggestion is to maybe add some vegetarian options to the bar menu and reading lights in the beds. I would definitely recommend this hostel, especially if you need to catch a coach early in the morning.

As ever, *the team* now managed by TED was excellent, the young mainly spanish staff were again friendly and helpful--yes antonia, juanita et all have moved on but thier replacements are just as good--I am 66 and on a budget so i find the prices are excellent value for money--*the inferno* pizza is great and the beer competitively riced at £3.15 a few hundred yards away its£4.60 a pint--money talks!! its also clean and comfortable and by and large the young kids in the ferry are considerate

• 28th Jul 2014

Location is good. As for me, I didn't need any traffic to go center of city only excepting city bike and even quite close to victoria station. Breakfast was just basic. Cereal, toast, milk, tea, coffee. But i think there were bed bugs in bed. I don't know why it was, as far as I remembered, even though covers were replaced every day.

Biggest issue was probably the staff. Some where nice but others were unfriendly. One guy complained about his job the whole time and was defensive/rude to customers. He should probably not work in hospitality field. Also cleared breakfast before it was over. Place was pretty dirty. The cleaner was too focused to find a good song on his iPod than his cleaning. Bar but no kitchen or lounge area. Triple bed is a bad idea. Good if you just need a place to sleep. Located close to tube.

No A/C and the windows don't open more than 6 inches. Don't go here during Summer.

• 15th Jul 2014

There was POOP in the shower. Some toilets did not flush, the other showers were also very dirty. Most of the staff is very friendly but the manager is very rude and arrogant. Not a very convenient location and not much to do in the area as far as night-life or much of anything. This hostel made me want to never stay in a hostel again.

I am still not sure whether I was conned or not. As I was paying for my pint of Guinness, I didn't have cash, only debit card. The waiter said my bill was not big enough to pay with debit card as they have a 5 pounds minimum and the pint was less than that. So, I opened a tab...after another pint, I went to pay, but the minimum was now 10 pounds. I was baffled. He kept persuading me it was 10 pounds all along...

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Worst hostel ever! They threw away our food (which was in bags), since there is no eating allowed in the rooms. We didn't eat it though, just stored it there since the hostel hasn't a kitchen or anything you could use for storage. The staff isn't friendly at all and complains about the way you dress.

• 8th Jul 2014

Bit expensive, but not for London. Great staff. Only downside is no kitchen.

Thank you very much for your great hospitality. My friends and I had such a great time there that sometimes we just don't feel like leaving our beds and we always looked forward to coming back early. Many thanks from the teenagers from Singapore :D

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Staff were rude and very unhelpful. The beds were uncomfortable and the showers and toilets dirty. Considering the price I paid, even though the location is great, I was disappointed. I've stayed in much nicer and more affordable hostels in London and do not intend to come back here.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Finland

No hay cocina ni para calentar agua.

Au 2ème étage, un unique WC et une unique douche pour une chambre de 15, c'est un peu court!

• 25th Feb 2014