FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

24/7 reception. We arrived to the place early at the morning and they gave us the rooms although check in supposed to be from 14:00. There was a big mistake with the rooms. I booked two double bed private rooms, one for me and the other for my friend, when we arrived we discovered that only one private double bed room was reserved for us. Therefore I needed to stay in a dorms room in the same price, instead of a double bed deluxe room that I have booked from the beginning. At the room, you ne

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Modern and clean rooms and facilities. Nice common room with computers and tv with movie collection. Helpful and friendly staff. Bar and restaurant onsite offers backpacker deals, although we didn't use them. Breakfast is toast and bananas but does the job. About 10-15 minute walk from night market & town. Good hostel.

Only one night stay. Best facilities ive had in a hostel in Thailand, very modern with air con all the time. Only downside was its location and the lack of nearby transport to take me to places.

Great hostel, great location and excellent staff service and facilities.

What an amazing place! By far the nicest place I've stayed in since arriving in Thailand. Huge rooms, fridge, good breakfast and lots of films on the TV if you want to relax. Awesome place!

• 12th Jul 2015

Everything in the hostel is just perfect. The best hostel I stay in South east Asia. Lovely and friendly staff at reception very helpful what ever you need. The owner is also very nice lady. High tech security system with key cards. Neat and clean lobby, stairs and toilet. Comfortable beds and pillow with lockers in every room. Very good common area to use computer or watch movie. They have laundry area also you can wash and dry your clothes in very cheap price. Beautiful decoration all around

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

Nice big rooms and good eating facilities downstairs. Location is only downside as it's not particularly close to the centre. Free computers downstairs were appreciated.

Was a little far from the main area and where the tuktuks were. The beds were very uncomfortable. The staff was friendly and spoke good enough English and were helpful. The lounge/restaurant area was mostly locals and was rather pricey.

Short walk from the bus station. Staff were really nice and friendly. 8-bed dorm was great with A/C, every bed (even top bunks) had their own curtains for privacy, their own reading light, their own power-point/plug and also their own locker. Very clean and cute hostel, free breakfast was great, and the attached restaurant has a good 55-baht rice with vegetable and Coke deal for guests, which was tasty. I'd highly recommend Fun-D, it was a great hostel!

Very, very, very clean hostel! Loved the rooms. I had a mixed shared dorm. I really appreciated that they checked up on the rooms daily and cleaned/replaced sheets daily. The value is great and well worth the money. However, the sheep rugs in the bathrooms need to be replaced as they are dirty. The hand towel by the sinks also need to be replaced. Staff were friendly and really helpful. The travel information they have posted up about traveling to Laos are outdated and some of it incorrect.

• 2nd Jun 2015

This is the cleanest and best equipped hostel in north Thailand. The entire place is spotless, awesome wifi, free breakfast, laundry on site, and has a good common area. They even folded my blanket in the morning. The hostel is also walking distance to bus station and night market is a huge plus.

Love this place, suppose to stay for three days but we decided to extend another five days while waiting for our visa to china. Lovely enviroment and friendly staffs. Just met all our 's needs, great security with card system, locker, place for laundary, big shower room with hot shower , very clean , 24hr free tva and computer room, drinking water supplies and free breakfast

Bit of a Walk into town, but I didn't mind. Very quiet when I was there. Had a black Out during one of the nights, so sat outside and watched the storm roll by. Bed was nice and comfortable and I liked having privacy curtains.

• 6th Apr 2015

Overall this was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful in booking tours and the breakfast was free. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were nice. The restaurant downstairs was definitely overpriced and nothing special.

This was good value for money. It was a fifteen minute walk out of town but we only stayed one night and did a full day tour. Staff was nice and security was good but you have to like rock hard beds.

This is a great hostel. Chiang Rai can be a boring city. However, this is a very comfortable and clean hostel. The staff is nice. Breakfast is basic (typical for Thailand). I enjoyed my stay here.

A bit away from the town center, but very clean & quiet. Helpful staff. Dorm beds had privacy curtains and I really appreciated that. Laundry on site. I would stay again.