FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

Was a little far from the main area and where the tuktuks were. The beds were very uncomfortable. The staff was friendly and spoke good enough English and were helpful. The lounge/restaurant area was mostly locals and was rather pricey.

Short walk from the bus station. Staff were really nice and friendly. 8-bed dorm was great with A/C, every bed (even top bunks) had their own curtains for privacy, their own reading light, their own power-point/plug and also their own locker. Very clean and cute hostel, free breakfast was great, and the attached restaurant has a good 55-baht rice with vegetable and Coke deal for guests, which was tasty. I'd highly recommend Fun-D, it was a great hostel!

Very, very, very clean hostel! Loved the rooms. I had a mixed shared dorm. I really appreciated that they checked up on the rooms daily and cleaned/replaced sheets daily. The value is great and well worth the money. However, the sheep rugs in the bathrooms need to be replaced as they are dirty. The hand towel by the sinks also need to be replaced. Staff were friendly and really helpful. The travel information they have posted up about traveling to Laos are outdated and some of it incorrect.

• 2nd Jun 2015

This is the cleanest and best equipped hostel in north Thailand. The entire place is spotless, awesome wifi, free breakfast, laundry on site, and has a good common area. They even folded my blanket in the morning. The hostel is also walking distance to bus station and night market is a huge plus.

Love this place, suppose to stay for three days but we decided to extend another five days while waiting for our visa to china. Lovely enviroment and friendly staffs. Just met all our 's needs, great security with card system, locker, place for laundary, big shower room with hot shower , very clean , 24hr free tva and computer room, drinking water supplies and free breakfast

Overall this was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful in booking tours and the breakfast was free. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were nice. The restaurant downstairs was definitely overpriced and nothing special.

This was good value for money. It was a fifteen minute walk out of town but we only stayed one night and did a full day tour. Staff was nice and security was good but you have to like rock hard beds.

This is a great hostel. Chiang Rai can be a boring city. However, this is a very comfortable and clean hostel. The staff is nice. Breakfast is basic (typical for Thailand). I enjoyed my stay here.

A bit away from the town center, but very clean & quiet. Helpful staff. Dorm beds had privacy curtains and I really appreciated that. Laundry on site. I would stay again.

A nice hostel in Chiang Rai. Cool little bar/stage on the bottom floor, and a nice little hangout area a little ways up the stairs. A bit expensive for the small town, but nice and clean with good facilities and wifi. Was very comfortable here! A bit of a walk to the city center but nothing unmanageable. Thanks!

Hostel was OK. No social life but I think there werent a lot of travellers present at the time. Shower hot. Breakfast nice. Thanks!

The location was pretty far out of the little town. There are so many guesthouses way closer. The beds are SO hard I couldn't sleep. The place is clean and nice though. Super modern on the inside. The breakfast was also really nice. I think it is pretty expensive for the north of Thailand and it isn't anything special at all. I think you should pick somewhere a bit closer to the town. The staff were really nice though!

Clean, comfy, nice place to stay. Not the most social hostel but worth it if you are visiting chiang rai for a short time.

I only stayed for one night, but the place was very clean, offered a lot of amenities, the beds were comfy and I really enjoyed the curtain partitions. The free breakfast was basic but decent. They also arranged my trip to the airport, and helped me with tips for getting to the white temple and black house. They even gave me a map. I wish I could've stayed another night.

Great place to stay

Staff was very helpful and friendly, made recommendations on sightseeing, booked taxis etc. I had to go to the hospital and one of them drove me there on his motorcycle. I stayed in an ensuite dorm which had cold AC (with a remote controller) and hot showers! A bit far from the night market though, not much going on at night for food other than the on-site restaurant.

The rooms in this hostel were probably some of the best I have stayed at in Asia, huge spacious dorms with plenty of room and great wifi and aircon. The hostel is pretty quiet and there don't seem to be too many people around. Its not right in the Centre of Chiang Rai but its not a huge place so its not really a problem.

Very clean and good service. Location is not optimal, but not horrible taking into account that most attractions are outside Chiang Rai anyway. It was also super empty while I stayed.

Well worth every penny. The staff were amazing. Facilities incredible. Although beds a little hard.

Our stay a at Fun-D was fantastic. The staff are really helpful. We went on a tour to Mae Salong, Doi Tung, and the Golden triangle. Our tour guide (poppy) was fantastic and very flexible. Our only issue was the shower struggled to get hot enough, but it was manageable. I would recommend Fun-D to anyone