FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

location is a little bit bad. we wanted to book a tour there but it was 250 thb more then in the city.

I enjoyed my stay at Fun-D, it's clean and quiet at night. There could be a better common area but there is a restaurant area where they serve free breakfast and is a nice place to sit around. I had a 6 bed dorm to myself, so I think it wasn't very busy at the time. It's a bit of a walk to the main area of town but only 10-15 minutes. I spent 3 nights in chiang rai and I think it was a bit too much, I would recommend only 2 nights as it is plenty of time to see the sites.

Only stayed here 1 night. Very large, clean room! Staff was very friendly!

Staff was not very helpful...

great location, good atmosphere.

It is a cozy hostel in the corner of the Old Town. The six-bed dorm is quite spacious with a shower en-suite. Clean premises, helpful staff. You can rent a scooter at the reception as well.

Just one word: Fantastic. Big room, big matress, clean bathroom, nice and helpful staff... I will definitely repeat if I ever come again to Chiang Rai!

I highly recommend!! Super helpful staff, free breakfast and great rooms!

• 28th Dec 2014

Great hostel! Very clean and friendly staff. Will stay there again :)

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

About 15 minutes walk to the bus station and night market, so not miles from town if you're happy walking. By the same token it's not buzzing in the area either. Our 8 bed dorm was never more than half full so I think we were there at a quiet time and didn't meet too many people but the staff were friendly, breakfast was included and you get a light, shelf and socket by each bed so it's ticked all the boxes for me.

Very clean! Good beds with curtains for priavcy. Every bed had a own little light and wall plug-in. Showers were good and toilets clean! Not a loy connection with other backpackers. Erg schoon! Mooie bedden met gordijntjes voor de privacy en een eigen nachtlampje stopcontact naast het bed. Goede douche en schone wc's. Behulpzaam personeel en restaurant beneden. Niet erg veel aansluiting met andere backpacks gevonden.

One of the best places I have stayed at. Staff extremely polite, helpful on what to see, how to get there. They supply one of the best maps, with needed info, buses to catch, where, fares etc. Enjoyed my stay here

Great hostel. Loved the chill/movie room. Hostel was pretty empty which led to the average atmosphere. With more people this hostel would be amazing

Great hostel, good facilities, good atmosphere.

Nice clean hostel, big beds in the dorm rooms and excellent bar/restaurant downstairs. Would definitely recommend.

Very clean and staff is friendly. Nicest showers I've seen in Thailand!

Great place to stay and the common room is a great way to meet people! The rooms were extremely clean and the staff were really helpful, would stay here again!

Very nice clean bedrooms, large bathrooms and warm showers. Close to night market.

clean with good beds. super helpful staff. a bit of a walk to central areas, but good with a bike or scooter rental.

Great hostel! It was a relief to see such a clean and new place in Thailand. Sometimes you just need a break from the grubby backpacker dives and this is it. The hostel also offered a movie room to take a break from the heat. It is walking distance from both of the weekend markets and there are a few cheap street eats places around. The front desk offers maps of the area as well.