FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

Very nice hostel with friendly staff! I would stay again if I visit Chiang Rai!

Excellent facilities (computers, washing machine, shower gels etc) super friendly staff asking what you got up to that day, and v clean- they even point the loo roll! Beds are 1 and half size...plus inc breakfast of bread cereal bananas tea etc. If I was coming to chiang rai again I would stay here.

This hostel was brilliant! Really clean, lovely dorms and a nice social area. The staff were excellent - we asked them about 100 questions and they always answered them well and with a smile. Only a 10 minute walk to the night bazaar, close to the Saturday Walking Street too. A great place to stay in Chiang Rai.

Very, very friendly staff. I go to the market with the staff to buy food & had dinner together. Shared bathroom are very clean. Dorm room has personal light and electric socket. Close to bus station. There is also a delicious restaurant Moo Jom about 5 minutes from the hostel ! Try it ! I will stay here again if I return to Chiang Rai. Thank you ! :)

Loved this hostel! So clean

Good place to stay, staff are really nice and helpful.

the location's a bit far from the main part of Chiang Rai, but otherwise everything was excellent.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Rooms are immaculately clean, and are seen to daily. The staff are super nice..for example after coming back from a night out they invited us to join them, sharing their food and beer with us after they had a particularly busy night in the bar/restaurant downstairs. Would highly recommend it.

A really great hostel that has the feel (and to an extent the price) of a hotel. Poshest hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff we're friendly and welcoming- I left my passport in a taxi and thy rang up the company as organised for it to be dropped off- and there was a concert on the night we were there which was brilliant. The TV and media room was also a really nice chance to just vedge out. Great hostel!

Fun-D is a dorm style hostel with very clean facilities. The staff is so so kind and super helpful! Nick, the owner is the sweetest woman and will love speaking English with you. The complementary breakfast in the morning is just what you need and they also ofter coffee and juice beverages to order.

• 26th Jun 2014

AMAZING HOSTEL! I absolutely loved it. Great rooms, vibe, people, services, food. They even had a live band. Rent a motor scooter and go for a ride around Northern Thailand for days. I promise you won't regret it. And stay at this hostel, its great.

In general it was good. Clean and spacious dorms. Comfy beds. Bedlight and plugin for each. The breakfast was ok. It's 10 minutes walking to/from the bus terminal. The only downside to it was part of the staff was rude. They'd tell you to book a room when the dorms were empty. So avoid asking the girls. There's also a luggage storage at the bus terminal which she said it wasn't :/

Great hostel, 10mn walk to the night market. We stayed in a 8 people dorm with a private bathroom. The room was very clean and had lockers (bring your own lock). The staff is here 24h and was helpful. They also have a common room with TV, computers and books.

Fun-D was one of our favourite hostels during our month long trip in Thailand there was not really anything to fault, the price was good the staff were super friendly and helpful. The dorms were spotless and there are lockers to put your things in :) nice bar/restaurant ares downstairs and the prices are reasonable. would recommend to anyone staying in Chiang Rai! :D

Fund-D was an awesome experience! Great staff and service! A wonderful atmosphere!

• 13th Jun 2014

Staff were friendly, room was clean and comfy, laundry service was quick and cheap, free breakfast was free (enough said), good wifi, shower worked well. About 5-10 minute walk to the town centre and it looked like they could book various tours/activities but we didn't use this service. Right by a main road but this wasn't noticeable. However, we did find the city to be limited in terms of things to visit (so don't spend more than a couple of days here) Would recommend the hostel.

The place is sparkling clean and the smiles on the staff feel genuine. The on-site restaurant and bar are a nice amenity They made me feel at home and my two night stay turned into a five night one. It is a 10 minute work to the center of town and bus station but close to the free city tour and the best massage place, Airsara.

Staff are very helpful and the place is very clean, though it seems a bit quiet when I visited there, perhaps due to the recent earthquake. Like many reviews said, this hostel is just like a hotel!

Really nice and clean hostel, couldn't complain about anything, only the other guests weren't too social, but that's not fault of the hostel

It's very nice place , the rooftop place is awesome , and the staffs are so nice ,the room is super clean, the laundry room is so lovely. Spending the great time in chiang rai