FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

Very nice hostel, very clean and free breakfast. Staff can book buses and other activities. Just no people there when I stayed for one night on the way to Laos. Not great for solo but it may have just been the time of year. Song Kran so maybe everyone was in Chiang Mai?

The staff are the best in Thailand. They speak English and would help make your stay the best too. I like the location, security and cleanliness. I will stay there again for sure.

Good place

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I really liked this place. The staff was super helpful, the restaurant food was cheap and delicious, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. I was able to do my laundry myself using coin machines. The location was great, just a 5-minute walk to the free tram tour... I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I was to return to Chiang Rai.

Only one thing I didn't like - there is no kitchen , but it seems it's problem of many hostels in Thailand. Beds are really good, in a bathroom you can find soap, shower gel , shampoo. Everything is clean. Breakfast is ok.

I thought the hostel was really good, the staff were very nice and helpful, facilities excellent and food was good and well priced!

Had a lovely stay. The foyer was excellent with load of lovely furniture and free wifi. I think this is essential for a hostel. The location was a little out of the way but still not bad. Facilities were excellent.

• 26th Feb 2014

This place is without a doubt the "nicest" I've stayed in during 5 weeks of Southeast Asia. Not at all my favorite because of lack of atmosphere, but the rooms and facilities are incredibly well kept and are spacious. beds are big with outlet and lamp on each. mid size lockers provided. bathrooms are the best i've ever used in a hostel. It's pricey for Thailand, but if you don't mind paying then i highly recommend as a comfortable place to stay.

Very clean hostel. Great bathrooms and dorm rooms. About 10-15 min walk to the night market. The atmosphere was dull there, but maybe it's fun other times. It didn't seem that many people were staying at the hostel.

Helpful staff. There was 2 swans made out of towels in our private room. Cute!

A good place to stay in Chiang Rai if you want a little luxury. It felt like a hostel in western europe and the staff was very friendly, wifi worked well, and everything was spotless. I was alone in my 8 bed dorm both nights which was nice but a little strange. A short walk to the centre of town, and lots of good info about the area at reception. nice chill out area too.

The only complain I would have is basically the door to the dorm I stayed in doesn't close properly, so each time going in and out, you gotta pull the door hard and it would "slam" loudly for it to close properly to stop the "beeping" sound signaling open door. That is just very very inconvenient as you would try to be as quiet as possible at night when people are already sleeping. Otherwise, great job on the overall facility, it's all well thought out, good space, clean and perfect!

Best place to stay in Chiang Rai. Highly recommended. I stayed 4 nights and it was great.

I stayed a night at this hostel as I was on a transit towards Laos. The hostel is clean, staff is friendly and there are loads of facilities. A big tv screen, computers to use and a good restaurant. I had a good time.

The hostel in my opinion is ok, is not cheap and isnt so expensive either but i think the hostel could offer a better breakfast for the price you pay to stay in. the breakfast is just having coffee or tea, bread with options of butter nothing else and bananas. compare i have been in other hostel has been much better . i think for that is better the hostel say the breakfast isnt include. I think looks better than what they really offer .

Most top notch hostel I've stayed in whilst in Asia, you get a lot for the extra you pay for. Only thing is it is a long dark walk away from the main market and street.

The best yet. I will definitely stay there again. It is away from the centre of the tourist action which means it is very quiet at night. The staff were all terrific and the ones on the desk had good command of English. Laundry facilities and hot water showers really worked. The restaurant and computer areas were spacious ,attractive and super clean. A1 in my books!

This place is amazing. I have stayed in 3-star hotels that were less comfortable than this place. Just book a room and see for yourself.

Very cozy nice staff! Only a little far Grom the center, godo value for money!

I stayed at the Fun D for four days. It's a surprisingly good hostel, with spacious, air conditioned dorm rooms, and big lockers. The staff keep the place spotless. There's also a common room with a TV, DVD player, a small collection of movies, internet terminals and bean bag chairs! The first floor dining area is quite large. I stayed in a six bed male dorm, which had its own bathroom. Every bunk had its own electrical plug and reading light.

« first « Prev 1 2 3