FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

A bit away from the town center, but very clean & quiet. Helpful staff. Dorm beds had privacy curtains and I really appreciated that. Laundry on site. I would stay again.

A nice hostel in Chiang Rai. Cool little bar/stage on the bottom floor, and a nice little hangout area a little ways up the stairs. A bit expensive for the small town, but nice and clean with good facilities and wifi. Was very comfortable here! A bit of a walk to the city center but nothing unmanageable. Thanks!

Hostel was OK. No social life but I think there werent a lot of travellers present at the time. Shower hot. Breakfast nice. Thanks!

The location was pretty far out of the little town. There are so many guesthouses way closer. The beds are SO hard I couldn't sleep. The place is clean and nice though. Super modern on the inside. The breakfast was also really nice. I think it is pretty expensive for the north of Thailand and it isn't anything special at all. I think you should pick somewhere a bit closer to the town. The staff were really nice though!

I only stayed for one night, but the place was very clean, offered a lot of amenities, the beds were comfy and I really enjoyed the curtain partitions. The free breakfast was basic but decent. They also arranged my trip to the airport, and helped me with tips for getting to the white temple and black house. They even gave me a map. I wish I could've stayed another night.

Staff was very helpful and friendly, made recommendations on sightseeing, booked taxis etc. I had to go to the hospital and one of them drove me there on his motorcycle. I stayed in an ensuite dorm which had cold AC (with a remote controller) and hot showers! A bit far from the night market though, not much going on at night for food other than the on-site restaurant.

The rooms in this hostel were probably some of the best I have stayed at in Asia, huge spacious dorms with plenty of room and great wifi and aircon. The hostel is pretty quiet and there don't seem to be too many people around. Its not right in the Centre of Chiang Rai but its not a huge place so its not really a problem.

Very clean and good service. Location is not optimal, but not horrible taking into account that most attractions are outside Chiang Rai anyway. It was also super empty while I stayed.

Well worth every penny. The staff were amazing. Facilities incredible. Although beds a little hard.

Our stay a at Fun-D was fantastic. The staff are really helpful. We went on a tour to Mae Salong, Doi Tung, and the Golden triangle. Our tour guide (poppy) was fantastic and very flexible. Our only issue was the shower struggled to get hot enough, but it was manageable. I would recommend Fun-D to anyone

An okay hostel. The staff weren't very attentive or helpful but maybe I was just there on an off day.

location is a little bit bad. we wanted to book a tour there but it was 250 thb more then in the city.

I enjoyed my stay at Fun-D, it's clean and quiet at night. There could be a better common area but there is a restaurant area where they serve free breakfast and is a nice place to sit around. I had a 6 bed dorm to myself, so I think it wasn't very busy at the time. It's a bit of a walk to the main area of town but only 10-15 minutes. I spent 3 nights in chiang rai and I think it was a bit too much, I would recommend only 2 nights as it is plenty of time to see the sites.

Only stayed here 1 night. Very large, clean room! Staff was very friendly!

It's a big hostel which got a nice restaurant. atmosphere is good. they use security key card like used in hotel. it's funny that the bed light also need the key card to active the light function in dorm room. the bottom beds have curtain to keep privacy and avoid disturb which is very considerate. I took a lot of time to locate it because i drove from Phaholyothin Road. There is no sign on that side. the mark on map of hostelworld is not accurate because it marked at the middle of the highway

great hostel, helpfull staff with great faculties. they have a nice funky cafe downstairs where you get breakfast, unfortunately the night entertainment is not interesteing to westerners so they don't hang around there which means it's not the easiest place meet other travellers!

Staff was not very helpful...

great location, good atmosphere.

It is a cozy hostel in the corner of the Old Town. The six-bed dorm is quite spacious with a shower en-suite. Clean premises, helpful staff. You can rent a scooter at the reception as well.

Just one word: Fantastic. Big room, big matress, clean bathroom, nice and helpful staff... I will definitely repeat if I ever come again to Chiang Rai!