FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai Reviews

753 Phahonyothin Rd., Wiang, Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

The beds we really nice and the toilets/showers were very clean! Would stay again the only thing was that the staff couldn't understand English, we had a meal in the restaurant we pointed to each thing we wanted and they still didn't understand even though it was written in Thai and English. They also messed up the order which we couldn't explain, and they forgot two of our meals! We asked for the bill and it took around an hour to pay it! Which was not because of the language barrier!

I was here with my two travelling companions. Staff are super friendly and helpful, the onsite restaurant did great food and the rooms were great. Self service laundry was handy as well. Would stay again!

In term of facilities/ quality of sleep it was great - the curtains around the beds is a great idea But in term of staff they didn't really help/ were not very nice except the girl in the morning. For example, to go to Bus terminal 2 they told me a taxi is 100 baht, which is already quite a budget knowing that you eat for 40 baht but they didn't propose other solutions, which exists.

Location wise it was a quick walk to the bus station and night market but not in a main area. Basic breakfast, toast and cofee, hot showers, clean, quiet rooms, key cards to get in and out.

Just stayed there for a night. Choice the place based on the reviews. They're all very true. Wonderful place. Everything's working and clean.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is very nice, excellent facilities en the girls at reception are super friendly and helpful! And the beds are huge and they have little curtains and your own plug and stuff.

Really liked this hostel, very clean. Only bad point for me was the location. Its a good 15 minute walk from the centre which really doesnt bother me except being a young woman on my own I was really uncomfortable walking back alone at night as at one point the road becomes quiet and dark. On my last night i was chased by 2 dogs which i think maybe guard a premises at the bottom of the street, it was really frightening. Would recommend if you arent travelling alone.

I was only passing through for a night so I was willing To pay extra. There are lots of bells and whistles I don't think are necessary but if you're into creature comforts, this is the place to stay. It's very clean, the bar is open until late, and it's very close to the bus station.

• 4th Dec 2015

A very well maintained hostel, very clean, great facilities and location. The beds were comfortable and it was very nice coming to such a nice hostel after all the bad ones in Laos. Great find!

A very bad atmosphere, was in a 6 bedded room alone at one point. No common room to mingle with other travellers, no kitchen. as a solo traveller I had a bad experience here. Showers are clean and beds are spacious and comfortable. each bed has a lamp and a plug.

I really liked Fun D. It was very convenient (tv, restaurant and washer & dryer) . My room was gd- the bathroom was in my room which was great. Only concern was they make the beds well in advance so if no one has booked the room in a while, the bed sheets become dusty and if you have allegeries this can be a problem. Also, since the bathroom was in the room, the room smelled really awful- it comes from the open drain in the bathroom. But the staff sprayed some air freshener and it was better.

Clean, good food, helpful staff and overall a nice stay.

I loved this hostel. I booked a private room and it was massive, definitely worth the money. The free breakfast is a joke, its literally stale bread and jam... The staff was friendly, even when the washing machine ate my five 10 bhat coins, they gave me 5 more to use.

One of the best I have ever stayed in.

We loved this hostel, and were actually bummed we only spent one night in Chiang Rai because that meant only one night at Fun-D. Accommodations were exceptionally clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful, restaurant was delicious, and the location was great -- 5 minute walk from night bazaar, 10 minute taxi from White Temple. Highly recommend it!

Great hostel! Clean, good price, and helpful, friendly staff.

Great safe and clean place!

A nice but kind of sterile hostel. Not much to do in the town and not many people staying there

Nice hostel, clean and good security leading to the bedrooms as you need to use your key. Bedrooms are big and plenty space to leave your bag, have lockers but need your own key. Showers and toilets outside the room but are nice and clean. Breakfast is only toast and coffee (no tea?!) and is help yourself in the morning. Very little to do in the hostel I found but a nice wee market 5 mins away with great food. Also only 10min walk to the bus station.

Extremely clean, great facilities, love the curtains around the beds for privacy