Fabric Hostel & Club Reviews

Via Bellucci Sessa 22, Portici, Naples, Italy

Definetly one of the best hostels I've ever been! good atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, great location for those who want to visit Naples downtown and then move to Ercolano, Pompeii Vesuvius and the Amalfi Coast. If you have extra time extend your stay, there are a lot of things to discover (I did it and I'll never complain).

• 12th May 2015

A bit out of the way. WIFI only worked in the common room which was very disappointing and the lockers in the rooms were unlockable (by key or by your own), only a kitchenette was available and breakfast was not included. Those who are excited or intimidated by the "club" aspect should know it's only open during certain months. Staff was friendly and accommodating, and the little guide book they give you is fun! Plus the A/C works, which is a plus in the summer.

Dear Maraya, the reason why the locker in your room didn't lock is because you were staying in a private room where there's no need to lock your own luggages. In the description of the Hostel in every website we also have specified that the club is seasonal, we try to be very clear about it. Next time you'll come to Fabric we will offer you breakfast, don't worry :)

First night getting back to my room and not having a bed. In a good location for visiting Sorrento and Pompeii

Best information pamphlet I've had from a hostel. Very useful. Also, while Fabric is located in Portici and not Naples city centre, the location is great as it offers easy access to both Naples itself, or, in the opposite direction, the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. Portici itself is a also a nice place worthy of exploring.

Nice and clean. Beds pre made that's cool

• 1st May 2015

This is an awesome hostel, people are super friendly and has a super funky set up. Only downside is the location as it is around 15min train ride from naples, but if you plan to do pompeii and stuff like that it is perfect as its only around 5 stops from there.

Common area was loud, noisy, dark and gloomy. Staff was cold and unfriendly. Place was untidy and room was not well kept. Lots to work on.

This place was a gem! We stayed an extra 2 days to see more of the area! Perfect location to hop on a train and go north to Napoli or south to Pompeii or Sorrento. The hostel provides their guests with a booklet on how to get around, suggestions, and what to look out for. What a great idea!

• 15th Apr 2015

Just a bit cold .... But the sleeping room was warm :-)) the wifi didn't worked in the room but it's not a big deal to have a little break from FB :-)) 100% I have to give for the perfect service in Italy ... I rearly have to say thx a lot

Very nice place to stay. There was a bad smell in the common bathrooms but nothing unbearable. At the time we were there, it seemed like there was not so many people so the place felt a bit empty but overall, we had a nice stay there.

Fabric is pretty good compared to other places in Southern Italy, but suffers from the same infrastructure problems of really sketchy internet and varying water pressure for showers. Was there in winter and the lobby was quite cold. Our heater in the room never worked - thankfully blankets and thick shirt was enough. Staff are friendly though.

In a bad, poor and unsafe location. Once we saw the location we left and never stayed but we where still charged.

• 6th Dec 2014

Our cancellation policy states that you can cancel your reservation 24 hours before the arrival time without any fee. Maybe you did not inform us in time. Anyway we hope you'll decide to try to come back and discover that the location is not poor and unsafe as you thought.

It is difficult to find, but pretty close to the metro and just 2 stops from Herculeum and multiple stops from Pompei. The town is adorable and decently priced. The staff is extremely educated and upon arrival give you a guide book with recommendations and tips on where to go. The hostel is very clean and well kept and the beds are comfy. Lockers are included with your room key, and their is a gate security code after hours. The club attached to the hostel gives deals on drinks and entry is free

The staff wasn't helpful at all, when we checked in they didn't tell us a single thing about the bar or hostel. There's a few dishes to use at the microwave but they're all really dirty!! Rooms were fine but they clean every morning which is annoying if you stay more than one night, you can't leave your pjs on the bed. Close to a train stop.

I really enjoy staying in the Fabric Hostel. It is great value for money, the staff is friendly and help me a lot. Is near the Vesuvius, or to visit most of the region by train. The hostel have a good Club inside with fair soundproof. No problems to sleep. I think that the toilets are a bit dark, because it doesn't have lights over the showers, but it is not a big issue. I will recommend it for my friends and I still going to the Club while I live in Portici.

• 30th Nov 2014