Factory House Reviews

Carrer Molist 5, Barcelona, Spain

Me encanto la dueña Cristina y hostal

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Very clean. Very quiet. Very comfortable. Location is alright close to one park but the metro is a bit of a walk. The staff was very polite but we're hardly around. The morning we checked out there was no one there and when I called the number they told us to leave our sheets and activated key cards on the desk which is kind of concerning. But I would definitely stay there again.

The woman who worked the reception desk was never around to answer questions or let new guests in. She would go to her house next door. I think a hostel should have desk reception, at least during the day.

The hostel is a little far out from city centre. It's 15-20 mins walk from metro station. The hostel is a very quiet. Reception wasn't 24 hours but they're very caring and tried to accommodate our needs when we asked to stay in a different room as our original room room mate was sick and couldn't stay with the AC on. Rooms could be cleaner. There weren't any proper knives in the kitchen which was very inconvenient.

Clean, quiet. All staff very friendly and helpful, although one opened the privacy curtain on my bed unannounced once which was rude

The factory house was great! Good location; just 5 minutes away from park Güell, 10 min by metro to the old city. Nice, friendly and helpful staff. They also speak English! Not always the case in hostels. The staff gave me suggestions which places were worth seeing since I only had two days. The room was nice. I had the room with the terrace; great view of the city. They were clean and had an air con as well as large drawers where you could securely lock in your belongings such as laptop, etc.

The hostel is located far away from the centre. It's a good 10-15 minute walk from the nearest metro and is located uphill. Getting somewhere or getting back to the hostel takes 45 minutes easily, even more at night if the metro stops running. Otherwise, the hostel was good. Nice staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast costs €2,90. It was adequate, but very basic. Air conditioning in room blows on people and often, the room would still be quite warm, even when it's on.

Friendly staff! They have big affection in barcelona!

Facility is ok but a few maintenance issues like loose wiring and a lil dirty in the rooms at times. Over good for resting and some quiet time. Absolutely no social atmosphere at all!!!!!!

I really liked the staff at this place. Friendly, helpful, and when I was stranded, they let me hang out in the lobby, and helped me find another hostel - really appreciated this. The beds havecurtains - really cool. And there is not a REALLY early wake up time - you can do as you please, so long as you are respectful. Great hostel. I thought it was really cool that this hostel had a kitchen - sometimes the only option is McDonalds or expensive restaurant. But it needs sharp knives!

Great little hostel. Easy to meet people with their cosy common rooms and limited guests. Always clean. Only down negative points was that it was a 2min walk to the metro and the hot water didn't work two nights. But I would defiantly go again and have already recommended it to others!

Everything was very nice but the beds are not for people above 185cm people. I had to squeez my feet all the time :-(

Super cool and fun place for young travelers. Really close walk to beach. Have to pay for towel though.

The hostel has amazing location just 3 minutes from Guell Park and 10 minutes from all the most important places in Barcelona obviously by underground. Nuria who works is very friendly, smile, helpful and yes very cute :) It is a very clean, quiet and secure hostel if you ant to rest a bit or to find a quiet place I highly recommend it.

It's about a ten minute walk from the metro, which you need to take to see any attractions. It also doesn't have anyone staffing the front desk during the night, which is annoying if you need to check in late or leave early. Also, not a very social hostel, it's hard to meet people to hang out with- it seemed like everyone was either in their rooms sleeping, or out doing their own thing during the day. There were no social events to get to meet fellow travelers, but the beds were nice and cheap

Only downfall was that our air conditioner was broken and it was very difficult to sleep at night. I asked hostel staff if we could at least get a fan, they said they would ask the manager and nothing came of it. Would have been an excellent review otherwise.

After I checked in and paid for my room I was shown by staff to my bed. Afterwards I went out in Barcelona all day and returned to find another person in my bed and some of my stuff gone. They had been given my bed by the same staff member. Upon asking her to sort it out she seemed confused and simply tried to find empty beds. She was very nice, but I was soured by this level of disorganization. I wound up losing a hat in the transaction and wasn't offered any compensation. Great Location

Dear, thank you for your comment. We are very sorry about the inconvenience caused. However, we would like to clarify that the person that occupied your bed was not located there by our staff, but he changed beds without permission. Regards

Great hostel with a friendly atmosphere, good wifi and a clean, comfortable bed. Only downside is there was no AC in the rooms (there was an AC unit but it wasn't on or it was broken?) so it got really hot and muggy during our July stay. Otherwise great!

Very freindly all round service

The best thing about these hostel is the beds. With drapes, individual power plugs and reading lamps, these were on of the best I found in Europe. The kitchen has almost everything you need to make a good meal, and the rest of the facilities are really good. The only issue I'd complain is that, when I did my laundry, the girl from the reception put the soap on the wrong place, so my clothes washed with water only.