Fairman House Reviews

2 Fairman Place, Rosemount, Derry, Derry, Northern Ireland

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Safe, clean, quiet, absolutely amazing owners who are extremely helpful and friendly and really make you feel at home. Its not at all like a normal hostel, but feels much more like staying in your own house or with someone. Will definitely be staying here again.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Great homely hostel. Short walk from the center of town. Perfect for relaxed weekend break.

Very nice, cosy, homely place. O

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review

bit far away from town center, 15 minutes maybe. really lovely house.

Thanks for your comments, have a safe onward journey

The Fairman House is a really nice, clean and friendly hostel just 10min walk to the city centre. The stuff is really friendly and helpful .... the bed is so comfi that you never want to leave it again and in the evening you can sit on the fire, chill out and have a glasss of win.

Thanks for your lovely comments

Stella and her daughter are hosting you in their house. The kitchen and the toilets are very clean and modern. We had a pleasant stay there and the bed we had was very comfortable. For breakfast they are providing toats, fruits, eggs, several kinds of cereals and müsli which was great. Styzing at their place was the best decision we could make. Furthermore they are very nice and helpfull persons and gave us a good tip about where to have dinner. Cheers Fred

Thanks Fred, we're delighted you enjoyed your stay, hopefully see you again, best wishes

This is one of the best hostels I visited ever. Everything is new and clean, the bed was comfy and the staff very friendly. You can use a new and tidy kitchen to cook your own meals and you get a proper breakfast ( cereals, fruit, toast, cheese, ham, eggs) .I really enjoyed my stay. Especially because the staff was so helpful.

• 11th Jan 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your lovely review

WE WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ANYONE IN VIEW OF THE FANTASTIC ATMOSHERE, EXCELLENT CLEANLINESS AND VERY GOOD LOCATION. MANY THANKS NINA & SŁAWEK

Thanks for your lovely comments, best wishes from Fairman House

Very cosy Hostel!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you

The hostel is perfect for the price and the staff is very nice !!

Thanks for your comments, safe onward journey

Nice place, very clean and very good attention by the owner, like B&B. A little far from the city centre at the uptown, no good for people who don't like walk. The heating didn't work well in my room.

Liam and Stella where very friendly i enjoyed staying overnight at Fairman House. From the moment i entered there home i felt very comfortable and relaxed in there company. The home was spotless with very good faclilities for self catering etc. and a very nice lounge to relax in after long walks around Derry City and a bonus of free Wi Fi connection for your Laptop. I look forward to staying in there home again in the near future

• 28th Nov 2013

I had a great stay at Fairman House! The couple that own it are so warm and accommodating! I would definitely recommend to travellers. The location is a bit of a hike up and away from the city centre and up a hill, but it was worth it to be in such a comfortable atmosphere after a long day of running around.

I have actually stayed for three nights now and will probably stay another few as my husband is in hospital nearby and it's too far to travel everyday. I just wanted somewhere safe, clean and quiet to stay and am completely happy with everything. The place is spotless, staff welcoming and everything working as it should be.

Fairman House was excellent. The owners were so friendly and made sure our stay was enjoyable. Great kitchen, good common room, comfy beds and a cosy stay. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a break from the typical hostel and a bit more privacy.

Lovely little and quiet place with a wonderful host. He is very helpful!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Lovely, cosy place to stay very near to the town centre. Safe, comfortable, clean and affordable. Great kitchen. Gorgeous couches by a big open fire - perfect place to relax and chat with other visitors if you like to do that. Quiet at night and good beds. Helpful and generous owners bearing the characteristic Derry friendliness and wit. I've stayed here on two occasions and I'll definitely be back for future visits in Derry.

I really enjoyed my stay at Fairman house, very friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. And a large comfortable sittingroom with a fire...wow! I'll be back!

• 5th Nov 2013

Fairman House was a really wonderful hostel - extremely comfortable and clean, with an incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast, and a nice kitchen if you want to make a meal. It is a bit of a hike to and from the city (from the city, you walk up a massive hill), but that was really the only negative.

Stayed with my 13 year old son. Comfy beds. Leon and Stella very friendly and helpful. Easy going, we could come and go as we chose. Got up when we wanted and cooked what and when we wanted . Tea and coffee always available. Lovely open fire in comfy sitting room with big Sky TV. Highly recommend it and would stay there again!

• 28th Oct 2013