Fairman House Reviews

2 Fairman Place, Rosemount, Derry, Derry, Northern Ireland

had to wait around to check in. called the "24 hour" phone number a bunch of times to no avail. eventually someone showed up after we went out for supper. wanted to just check in and wash up, but couldn't. had to leave $5 deposit for key, and she didn't show up in the am to give it back at prearranged time. had to go knocking on her door. breakfast was make ur own toast. i know it's just a hostel, but we've seen so much better and cleaner. it was very average, i would keep looking.

• 17th Sep 2014

It's a house with 6 rooms in a residential neighourhoord. which is a plus to us.. Although a bit of a walk outside the center 910-15 mins). The bedroom and beds were good. Nice people around. We had a good time!

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in and I've traveled quite a lot. In short: - staff did not have enough keys for the room, suggested we share keys - no maps, staff is passive aggressive and not helpful - sketchy neighbourhood full of abandoned houses/graffiti, construction at all hours can't sleep - staff has screaming child runs halls at all hours, kid even threw something at my friend - one outlet in a 4 bedroom - always out of toilet paper Cheap but awful. Don't go here.

NIce hostel which is basically someone's house! Really cosy and good value for money. About 15 minutes walk from town centre.

More like a B&B meets hostel. Great place if you need a break from larger hostels. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in! It has a very B

It was the worst service of all, we were very underserved, disrespected and assaulted by a woman named Amy.If that Amy wants to have more guests she must learn to have an education and know how to treat a customer. I don't recommend to anyone

• 29th Aug 2014

we had a lovely stay and could not have imagined a better place to start our holiday. Thank you very much.

Yes, a very comfortable and friendly facility, and just the right size.

• 27th Aug 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Spotlessly clean, very helpful staff, the beds are so comfortable and a great breakfast choice in the morning. Will definitely come back again.

• 21st Aug 2014

The bedrooms and bathrooms etc were really nicely done and clean. The owners are also really kind. The location is an easy walk to the main attractions though there's a slight hike. But the service, cleanliness, and hospitality makes it a great place to stay. I truly enjoyed my stay - nice fireplace, nice kitchen, rooms and bathrooms.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Pleasant, homely atmosphere and a friendly host. I would stay here if i was in Derry again, and would recommend it to others. Thank you Stella!

• 18th Aug 2014

Manager was very kind and helpful, even sat down to chat about life growing up in Derry. Place had the feel of a B&B. In a more residential area, which lent a very authentic feel to the experience. I'd stay here again.

The hostel is located in a quiet area but still close to everything. Terrific kitchen, dining and lounge room facilities and it was great to have breakfast provided, including eggs (cook your own) to enjoy a big breakfast. We basically had the whole hostel to ourselves and enjoyed sitting down in the peace and quiet to enjoy some telly. For travellers through Derry would recommend you stay here.

It was like staying at your favorite aunt's house. The most comfortable bed I slept in throughout my 2 weeks on the island. A good walking distance from the city center on a quiet street.

We had a wonderful stay in Fairman House. The owner Stella was a wonderful host. She made us so welcome and comfortable. We only booked for 2 nights but ended up staying extra week because it was so nice. It was a home from home. Everything was kept spotlessly clean and the beds were super comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone heading to Derry. Thank you Stella for making our stay so great.. :)

Thanks Audrey see you both and mum next year. Stella.

Perfect Town, Excellent hostel!

I forgot the name of the lovely woman who runs the hostel but she was so friendly and attentive. Thank you very much! Beds were perfect! Very clean.

Very enjoyable stay up on the hill in a quiet neighborhood. Kitchen facilities were great with a comfortable dining room/lounge. Stella was very attentive and helpful. Would stay again.

• 31st May 2014

The owner is a very helpfull and friendly lady. The hostel is in a good location only a short drive to city centre. Rooms were very nice and clean.