8.7
Fabulous 415 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 415 Total Reviews
Fairman House Located at 2 Fairman Place, Rosemount, Derry, Derry.
Northern Ireland
Derry Derry BT487LD 2 Fairman Place, Rosemount, Derry
87% 415
55.0044625 -7.3309922
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Couple, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

The stay and kitchen was well-equipped and the bathroom, even though it was shared, it was very nice! Thank you for accommodating to our schedule and for guiding us at Londonderry! It's a nice stay, recommended!

29th May 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. I found the owner amazing and helpful. She shared the history of the town as well as her own experiences in that history which really brought it alive. She was amazingly accommodating as well. It's a little walk outside of the town center but i feel that's what gave it it's charm. In a quite local area away from all the other tourists where you can walk and almost feel like you belong there. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Derry.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
17th May 2016
8.0

It was clean. The gentelman who own the house is very kind and sweet. He always made sure that we had eveything we need. We complainted that the heating in our room wasn't working. The owner apologized and turned on the heating for us. We had to wait a bit for it to warm up, so he gave us a little electric heater. The only negative thing is that it was hard to check in early the day. We had to wait untill 5 PM.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

The staff were friendly and open. They were efficient and willing to accomodate my boyfriend and I. Convienient location, close to the city centre, but far enough away to be quiet. Clean and comfortable.

• China, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

The owner is considerate, friendly and helpful. Room is clean and tidy. I really recommend this place when going to derry

• Australia, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

Couple running the place are very nice and accommodating. Help give it a very homie feel. Not a party hostel although very comfortable. Bit far away from the main part but only a 15 minute walk. Be warned there's a bit of a hill to get there and they only take cash. Minor nuisance though all in all great hostel

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2016

Lovely place to stay! The owners were very helpful in giving us ideas on the best things to do. I read some previous reviews saying it wasn't a good location and while it isn't in the heart of the city, we found the location to be fine. 5 minute walk to the center of the city and the Peace bridge. It was nice not being too close to loud bars. I would definitely stay there again!

12th Mar 2016
5.7

Helpful staff, helped me after I messed up my booking with wrong dates. Impossible to find with google maps, and even with the help of a couple locals it took a while. Old lock n key is a bit sketchy, and the bathrooms were DISGUSTING. Decent common areas, kitchen seemed to be a mess though, nobody really bothered with dishes but that's not really the hostels fault. It's a nice building, for surfers I can see the appeal cuz it's just a good bed to sleep on, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd Feb 2016

Very clean cozy hostel. Very homely feeling. Only issue we had was when we arrived no one being there, had 3 phone numbers to call on the door and had to call all 3 twice to get through to someone. Wouldn't be good if someone had no credit or uk SIM card. Owner however was very nice & apologetic for the mistake. Location a little out of town but easy walking distance.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
6th Jan 2016

Very welcoming and warm. Great bathroom and kitchen facilities. Lovely warm and comfortable room. Very clean. Highly recommended.