Falow Hostel Reviews

Alfredo Calderon, 25, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

What you pay for you get. But it has everything one need including kitchen,terrace,wifi and it is in good location.

This place is definetly the worst place we have ever been. Room is small, bed was making noise with every move, and my back was very paintfull every morning. No ventilation, humidity very high in the room, toilet is not flushing paper. Staff....OMG.... not helpfull, making noise, sparaying with airwick around in order to cover smell of the place.... Kitchen is locked during the night so we couldn't reach water etc..... But that maybe is better, because than wasn't smelled from it at least during

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

A perfect stay for a low-budget single traveller! Well-equipped spacious rooms and just a short walk from everything.

good location in a quiet side street close to both city beaches. friendly owner and staff and very clean rooms. a lovely spanish pensione. enjoyed my stay.

Internet not working, didn't feel very secure place. we had cockroaches in the room. Ensuite bathroom was actually one with bedroom. Not a very pleasant stay overall.

We are sorry that you did not like this simple guest house.Wifi does not reach all rooms,but there is a common area where wifi is available .The place and area is one of the safest in the city,maybe you were confused because there was not much atmosphera and the place was very quiet.

Room for two persons has one big bad and it was a surprise. Shower and toilet in the room is ok but very small without doors. Besides of this rooms are ok.

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Poland

Hostel is pretty basic, but offers value for money given the tiny cost per night. The staff constantly lurking in the hallway office/cum living room is a little off putting, feels as though you're being monitored...and use of the kitchen almost felt actively discouraged...so not the greatest, but anyone looking for cheap, clean, place to sleep accommodation could do worse than here

The rooms are good value for money. We were not planning to spend much time at the room anyway. It's annoying that the kitchen is closed on Sun since many people might stay over the weekends (like we did). The biggest issue though, was that when we first arrived, noone was there. We waited 15 mins and then a lady gave us the key, but she spoke only Spanish. We couldn't even ask when the checkout time was, or for any help getting around in the city. Be prepared to speak Spanish if you stay here.

It was hard to communicate in English with the stuff. Kitchen opened only in specified hours(as I remember it was 9-15 and 17-23) and closed on Sundays. The cheapest place in Las Palmas so you can't expect to much. Generally ok, if you're not a big fan of fancy places ;)

Very Basic accomodation, with no breakfast. Private Rooms are small. Private shower in the hall way. The plus side is you get a toilet and basic sink in the rooms. But the problem was the walls were way too thin so if you play music at even a low to moderate level, the neighbours will soon complain in the next rooms, especially if they are staying thir long term, as a spanish studious type did with me. It sure doesnt feel like a holiday home. More like a residential home. Its also far frombeach.

• 5th Feb 2013

not enough lights

Hi, I think it was a great hostel with nice staff. The touristic beach was a 30 minute walk from the hostel. There was also a small beach in 10 minutes. I was there in January so it was not really busy at the beach. I stayed at the 4th floor in a single room. The room was okay clean. But for example they didn´t clean it every day. So if I walked on bare feet my feet were completely filthy. The walls were very thin and you could here every noise. It didn´t bother me.

• 16th Jan 2013

The room had an an unpleasant smell. The hostel facilities were not fresh or new. OK place to sleep if no other choice given. I got a room on the fourth floor without elevator and could not change it, though a had a lot of luggage and bad knees. The receptionist is not there all the time, so be sure to come on time. He tries to speak English but Spanish is a plus. The internet is only available on the first floor, and is turned off at night. The kitchen is closed at night, and on Sundays.

The room had a bad smell because just before you check-in the room was another guest who smoked a lot.Did not give you a rooom in lower floor because there was not room free that day.Ido not undertand why you complais that the kitchen is closed on Sunday if you only was the night Thursday January 3.Anyway thanks for your comment that is longer than the time that you were here.

You get what you pay for and this is cheap. Staff considers guests as their main problems in life, and take due defensive positions. Glad there is a cheap place like this in Las Palmas, though.

The customers are a problem when want not enforce the rules of the house.

When I arrived to Gran canaria, time was a bit late because of my flight. I couldn't find a bus easily in that time. I tried to inform the hostel about my check-in time. Because, it will be a bit late. But, They didn't answer my calls. Then, I went to hostel but I couldn't come in the hostel for 15 minustes because nobody was there. Anyway, except that, other things were great for me. Clean enough, average prices and hostel is close the beach.

• 23rd Nov 2012
  • Turkey

All very good. Owner excellent ! Great A+++

Despite is a cheap hostel, manager Juan is a beautiful person and he offers services that hostel by itself can't. Everyroom has a little wc and just shower is to share, so cheapest room is your best choice. Enjoy Las Palmas as a I did.

I have never seen such hostel -- it is very cheap, You can find a room for 1 (!!!) person for the price of 15 euros. Negative is a shower -- it is in the meddle of the room, and it is borderless, but for this price you can forget about that!

stuff doesnt speak english at all. kitchen is closed on sunday (because the staff needs some rest time). wifi connection untill 24 then the owner's wife has to sleep, so no wifi anymore (if you are lucky and your room is close to reception you will have wifi in the room, if not you need to stay in the reception). reception is it just a empty room with a chair. most of the time there is no one in the reception. at least is clean enough and cheap.

I know that siesta is very important to spanish people but most tourist do not want to miss a thing when they are in such a beautiful place, so it will be better if kitchen will be open whole days and also durig the Sundays. Other things were ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7