8.7
Fabulous 142 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 142 Total Reviews
Family Peace House Located at Paknajol, Thamel, , Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu nepal Paknajol, Thamel
87% 142
27.7180457 85.3083913
    Rooms available

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
14th Apr 2016
8.0

This hostel is average in terms of facilities but everything is relatively clean. The staff are lovely and the manager of the hotel's wife even cut my hair for me one evening (she has a salon in Kathmandu). There is a lovely roof terrace and the rooms are nice and light. The hotel is a few minutes walk from Thamel and just far enough for it to be quiet. We extended our stay but moved rooms to one which was a bit more run down around the back but was just $5 a night!

11th Apr 2016

Family peace house is a quiet comfort for rest and relaxation. Just a few 100 meters away from busy thamel this location is cozy enough to feel like home. The manger is incredibly friendly, as well as, the rest of the staff who is all family. Quite during the night and birds chirp for a pleasant morning rise. Perfect value for money as many accommodations reflect their positive environment! Facilities are in great condition and kept clean. If you ever in Kathmandu I recommend staying here!

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

The hostel was fantastic! The staff were extremely helpful and friendely. The room was comfortable and clean. I also booked my trek through the hostel. They were quite a lot cheaper than quotes I got online and whilst I was here. It was all organised very well, I had an English speaking guide who was friendly and very knowledgeable. As for Nepal, words truely cannot describe its beauty. I was worried about coming here after the earthquake, however, it is completely functioning and beautiful.

• chadosko
  • USA, Male, 31-40
7th Apr 2016

Great location, friendly staff and I had an excellent lunch here too. Highly recommended!

Thanks for your nice review in hostelworld. It was nice to meet you and get to know. We are happy to know that you liked our hostel. We would be happy to host you again next time. Hemraj Malla for family peace house

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
8th Feb 2016
6.0

I never got a hot shower here but I learnt on a return trip to Kathmandu middle of the day showers are needed to have a hot one.

Thanks for nice review. We just saw your comment in hostelworld today 2016/04/23 and you had stayed 3 months ago but you left a review today. You didn't complain about hot shower while you were staying and we don't have hot shower problem. Not even single person has this problem yet. I guess you had this bad experience somewhere. Better check your bookings and stay during your travel.

30th Jan 2016

I had such a great stay at Family Peace Guest house. The staff was friendly and gave such great advice about local cafes, restaurants, and shopping. They helped arrange taxis and a bus tickets for my trek to Langatang. I was so pleased with my stay I decided to stay an extra 2 nights. This guest house is in a quiet side street with no thru traffic but still less than 200 meters from the popular Thamel area of Kathmandu. This place is always clean, it has hot water showers, the breakfast is de

Thanks for sharing your experiences that you had in Family Peace House. Positive feedback always makes happy and work hard to provide better services. Thanks also supporting our country after earthquake. We need more tourism. Nepal is safe to travel after earthquake. Bimal Malla manager at family peace house

• kennyburer
  • Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Dec 2015

Great place, Poknajol is really good to stay...friendly staff... dont forget to bargain... 400 pp is oke... but 300 pp is possible... Have fun :p

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Nov 2015

Very welcome and friendly family, and a very homely atmosphere. Excellent location near Thamel but set back so you can get a good nights sleep. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Kathmandu.

Thank you for your nice review in hostelworld. We are happy to know that you had nice stay at family peace house and our service was good. We try our best to make our place better every time. We hope to see you again in future. Hemaj Malla for Family Peace House