8.4
Fabulous 149 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 149 Total Reviews
Family Peace House Located at Paknajol, Thamel, , Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu nepal Paknajol, Thamel
84% 149
27.7180457 85.3083913
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

Throughout my extended stay at the Family Peace Guest House the staff have become a sort of family to me. Everyone there has been unbelievably kind, hilarious, and helpful. With quick service and and a loose, friendly atmosphere, the Peace House has been the perfect vantage point for me and the many friends I've met while staying here. It's perfectly located near Thamel and a great vegetarian restaurant, yet remote enough that the bustling city doesn't keep you up or pose any trouble. LOVE EM

• USA, Couple, 25-30
26th May 2016

Very nice place to stay to be close to Thamel, but not in all of the craziness. Very good price, and very nice staff.

15th May 2016
7.1

Decent place; overall a nice guesthouse.

5th May 2016

Located away from the hustle and bustle of central Thamel but still close enough to get to all to main sights. Hostel is down an alley. Owners are friendly. Wifi stable. Electricity (like the rest of KTM) is switch off at certain times. Shared bathroom/toilet very basic.

Thank you for sharing your experiences here in hostelworld. We are happy to know that you like your stay at Family Peace House. We will be happy to welcome you back in future.

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
14th Apr 2016
8.0

This hostel is average in terms of facilities but everything is relatively clean. The staff are lovely and the manager of the hotel's wife even cut my hair for me one evening (she has a salon in Kathmandu). There is a lovely roof terrace and the rooms are nice and light. The hotel is a few minutes walk from Thamel and just far enough for it to be quiet. We extended our stay but moved rooms to one which was a bit more run down around the back but was just $5 a night!

11th Apr 2016

Family peace house is a quiet comfort for rest and relaxation. Just a few 100 meters away from busy thamel this location is cozy enough to feel like home. The manger is incredibly friendly, as well as, the rest of the staff who is all family. Quite during the night and birds chirp for a pleasant morning rise. Perfect value for money as many accommodations reflect their positive environment! Facilities are in great condition and kept clean. If you ever in Kathmandu I recommend staying here!

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

The hostel was fantastic! The staff were extremely helpful and friendely. The room was comfortable and clean. I also booked my trek through the hostel. They were quite a lot cheaper than quotes I got online and whilst I was here. It was all organised very well, I had an English speaking guide who was friendly and very knowledgeable. As for Nepal, words truely cannot describe its beauty. I was worried about coming here after the earthquake, however, it is completely functioning and beautiful.

• chadosko
  • USA, Male, 31-40
7th Apr 2016

Great location, friendly staff and I had an excellent lunch here too. Highly recommended!

Thanks for your nice review in hostelworld. It was nice to meet you and get to know. We are happy to know that you liked our hostel. We would be happy to host you again next time. Hemraj Malla for family peace house

• kittyketta2179
  • USA, Female, 31-40
26th Mar 2016

I have had a great stay at the Family Peace House. The people who work here are always quick with a namaste when I walk through the door. They are very friendly and give great advice on treks and tours and what to do in general around the city. It's located in the northern part of Thamel which is great because you will be close enough to the center tourist area to walk, yet get away from a lot of the hassle. I keep returning here after my treks and you will too.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
8th Feb 2016
6.0

I never got a hot shower here but I learnt on a return trip to Kathmandu middle of the day showers are needed to have a hot one.

Thanks for nice review. We just saw your comment in hostelworld today 2016/04/23 and you had stayed 3 months ago but you left a review today. You didn't complain about hot shower while you were staying and we don't have hot shower problem. Not even single person has this problem yet. I guess you had this bad experience somewhere. Better check your bookings and stay during your travel.