Family Peace House Reviews

Paknajol, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

What I loved about this place is it's location: a few minutes walk from busy Thamel but seems miles away from the noise and chaos. Hot water, good wifi, big and well lit rooms, nice and helpful staff, what else could you ask for? I'll definitely stay here if I come back to KTM.

Their staff is amazing. They even cooked for me while I was sick and charged me very little although they don't have a restaurant.

Hot water is not available at all times and it takes about 5 mins wait for the hot water to come through. The windows cannot fully shut so cigarette smoke & wood smoke from outside fills up the bedroom. It is very cold inside during the Winter months (I stayed in November), the bedding is not clean, the bathroom smells of sewage, the toilet seat slips, the interior is in need of renovation. The fact that only men work at this hostel with no women in sight puzzles me. Gender equality?!

• 30th Nov 2013

This small but cosy hotel was the best value for money place I can really recommend. Food and drinks are excellent as are the prices. Its quiet too, as its tucked away from the noise of Thamel, but only 5 minutes walk into Thamel itself. The Manager can book almost everything - buses, extreme adventures and even flights at the same cost as the operators, so its ultra convenient. There's free WiFi and a great garden area at the back where you can sit and eat and drink local beers and Nepali Rum.

• 26th Oct 2013